Why do some people look bad in photos but really good irl? and the opposite

notchicolachowski

notchicolachowski

Iron
I've seen people on tiktok where im from and they looked good like 7-9/10 but when i saw them irl they looked way different like 5-6 to 4-5 some of them looked below average. even the guys they look bigger on tiktoks but when i saw them irl they had small horrible frames. my older cousin looks horrible in his pfp and his pics in general but has a perfect side profile irl literally. and guys that look short in their photos are tall and guys that look tall are short idek if i should believe that people look like their pics anymore

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
4310836 IMG 1234

Coping lol guy “i look chadlite IRL but MTN in photos!!!! :feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:)

• +1
Reactions: sickdawgie and normie_joe
photogenic + frauding

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness, Mr.Proper, normie_joe and 2 others
Coping lol guy “i look chadlite IRL but MTN in photos!!!! :feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:)
dead ass not cope i know people with perfect side profiles and 8/10 front profile that look way worse in their photos

• +1
Reactions: Tallman
I've seen people on tiktok where im from and they looked good like 7-9/10 but when i saw them irl they looked way different like 5-6 to 4-5 some of them looked below average. even the guys they look bigger on tiktoks but when i saw them irl they had small horrible frames. my older cousin looks horrible in his pfp and his pics in general but has a perfect side profile irl literally. and guys that look short in their photos are tall and guys that look tall are short idek if i should believe that people look like their pics anymore

Well filters and frauding aside, if it's a raw image, unedited image, one of the biggest factors is asymmetry.

I saw this girl in my class who I thought looked hella cute, and I creeped on her insta. Let's just say her pictures don't do her justice. Her face was noticeably asymmetrical and I didn't notice this at all IRL (but then again, I only took quick glances).

Also studio lightning and cameras can do magic tbh.

Here's a familiar face for the gooners

Yes its me  have a w

MTB yeah?

But you see her studio shots and it's like damn. This is not makeup either. Her bonez are the same.

MV5BODE1NjQ5MTAtNTkwYi00NzVhLWI4ZWYtZDg0NDYyMWI3ZDJiXkEyXkFqcGc V1
47eb14208fed1f50f99646469a1bd56c

Lighting + focal lengths play a massive role here.

Here's another girl, she looks okish here

Media 231212 054744 ezgifcom optimize

You see her in good lighting with makeup and it's a day and night difference

Media 240408 204845 ezgifcom optimize

People only upload their best moments on tiktok after 50 takes, hence the discrepancy.

• +1
Reactions: uksucks, Mr.Proper and RealNinja
Instagram and Tiktok are full of frauding upon frauding, AI gets really good at filtering, it used to be either minor touches or noticeable uncanny cartoonish edits but nowadays you can easily be fooled if you have untrained eye for that, even in videos. The major progress driver for that is East Asians, their social networks pioneered widespread usage of video filters, and it's somewhat funny delusionmaxxing, when all people fraud heavily but look very meh on the streets.

624cfd5be895b5d07fd3778c95ca369e

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness, YungTrappa, notchicolachowski and 1 other person
Lens distortion

• +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness, notchicolachowski, Genesis Class and 1 other person
Instagram and Tiktok are full of frauding upon frauding, AI gets really good at filtering, it used to be either minor touches or noticeable uncanny cartoonish edits but nowadays you can easily be fooled if you have untrained eye for that, even in videos. The major progress driver for that is East Asians, their social networks pioneered widespread usage of video filters, and it's somewhat funny delusionmaxxing, when all people fraud heavily but look very meh on the streets.
when i see these kids on tiktok im like damn they all look better than me then i see em irl and they look like shit mostly and some people that look meh online look fucking amazing irl

Same thing i agree with you

• +1
Reactions: notchicolachowski
Lense distortion, lighting and also ive noticed robust/masc guys usually look better in motion. The little twinky guys with pretty boy faces and big eyes tend to look great in pics untill they take one standing next to a group of ppl.

• +1
Reactions: notchicolachowski and PrinceofDarkness
Lense distortion and frauding