Why do some people look older than they are?

EverythingMaxxer

EverythingMaxxer

Conquer
Sometimes you see adults that are 18-early 20s but they look 30+. Usually if you have a beard or stubble it’s why but sometimes it’s other features. A bigger nose also makes you look older. (Many people look younger after a rhinoplasty) Slavs typically look older than they are.

1)Big nose
2)Facial hair
3)Dark circles
4)Norwood 2 or worse

Are there any other features that can make someone look older than they are?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lolcel, OOGABOOGA, SPFromNY914 and 4 others
Sometimes you see adults that are 18-early 20s but they look 30+. Usually if you have a beard or stubble it’s why but sometimes it’s other features. A bigger nose also makes you look older. (Many people look younger after a rhinoplasty)

1)Big nose
2)Facial hair
3)Dark circles
4)Norwood 2 or worse

Are there any other features that can make someone look older than they are?
In my case I had both 1, 2, and 3, but weak bone structure also. A long midface too.

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel, Deleted member 10987 and EverythingMaxxer
Bad diet with too much sugar / fast food which rapes collagen

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
drugs diet exercise sun damage & genetics

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Deleted member 5180
the good way is if they're younger but already have mogger bones
the bad way is if their skin is just shit

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Lolcel, Deleted member 12218 and 2 others
People who look younger than they are, unironically age slower. Their telomeres are longer, compared to others.

• +1
Reactions: Slob, audreyen and Lawton88
Usually balding tbh but can be many things , smoking , poor bones , literally work stress etc

People who look younger than they are, unironically age slower. Their telomeres are longer, compared to others.
That’s the only correct answer in this thread

• +1
Reactions: Deusmaximus
sun, bad bones, hair, facial hair

don't think it's the telomeres but their habits letting them age slower (and some genetics of course)

Have they done studies showing younger looking older people have longer telomeres compared to the older looking ones? Heard a few people have manipulated telomere length by messing with genes or something hoping it will extend lifespan and slow aging.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope
Dropping fat pads. Skin turning grey (collagen loss). Developing Nasolabial folds.

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel and EverythingMaxxer
sun, bad bones, hair, facial hair
Usually balding tbh but can be many things , smoking , poor bones , literally work stress etc
In my case I had both 1, 2, and 3, but weak bone structure also. A long midface too.

idk what this shit is about bones all u faggos r wrong. i have god tier bones im 17 but have looked 22-25 since i was 15 cause my bones and lack of bloat/facial fat. the looksmax community has seen other chads with god tier bones and then proceeded to say they look way older then there age. the less facial fat and more u can see bones will make u look older in a GOOD WAY...bad shit bones will make you look younger in a BAD WAY and if u have shit collagen and are fat with shit bones you'll look old in a disgusting TRUCEL WAY.

rough texture , wrinkles and I observed nasolabial folds make people look older. Dark circles not so much imo , plenty of young looking people look their age with dark circles, they just look unhealthy.

But ultimately elasicity loss is the most important , that's why you have people with zero wrinkles in later age but they look their age because of elastin loss.

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel
rough texture , wrinkles and I observed nasolabial folds make people look older. Dark circles not so much imo , plenty of young looking people look their age with dark circles, they just look unhealthy.

But ultimately elasicity loss is the most important , that's why you have people with zero wrinkles in later age but they look their age because of elastin loss.
That makes sense do you think thin lips and long philtrun make u loook older?

Have they done studies showing younger looking older people have longer telomeres compared to the older looking ones? Heard a few people have manipulated telomere length by messing with genes or something hoping it will extend lifespan and slow aging.
Interesting to know
Never heard that younger looking people have longer telomeres to begin with

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
# 1 trait to make you look older is collagen lost skin