why do some people with recessed maxillas get dorsal hump and some dont?

D

Deleted member 31155

Kraken
yeah this confuses me

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999 and thecel
Solution
D
i wonder if it has something to do with whether the recession if congenital or developmental. a lot of people with dorsal humps develop them in preteen years, often but not always as a result of downward growth from mouthbreathing. maybe those who have recession/downward growth trend from birth have greater variability in nose type
i wonder if it has something to do with whether the recession if congenital or developmental. a lot of people with dorsal humps develop them in preteen years, often but not always as a result of downward growth from mouthbreathing. maybe those who have recession/downward growth trend from birth have greater variability in nose type

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999, thecel and Deleted member 31155
Solution

Attachments

• 66A2969B-A205-40AC-81F8-CEB5E5F4ECBA.jpeg
    66A2969B-A205-40AC-81F8-CEB5E5F4ECBA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
This. There is some variability due to nasal bridge and anterior nasal spine projection, but this explanation makes the most sense and it's exactly what happened to me. Both my mom and dad have straight noses.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155
This. There is some variability due to nasal bridge and anterior nasal spine projection, but this explanation makes the most sense and it's exactly what happened to me. Both my mom and dad have straight noses.
so ccw fixes

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
is mouthbreathing cope after 18 or it still fucks up ur face?
Mouthbreathing is always bad, it's an inefficient way to breath. But if your bone structure has already stagnated in growth, It won't affect it that much, and whatever changes it does will take more time to appear.

• +1
Mouthbreathing is always bad, it's an inefficient way to breath. But if your bone structure has already stagnated in growth, It won't affect it that much, and whatever changes it does will take more time to appear.
ok i see. bone structure has finished "developing" in terms of growth at 18? asking this cuz i have poor lip seal and mouthbreathe during sleep

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
ok i see. bone structure has finished "developing" in terms of growth at 18? asking this cuz i have poor lip seal and mouthbreathe during sleep
Depends on the person, but 18 is a bit young. A lot of people still experience facial bone growth all the way into their early twenties.

If you mouth-breathe during sleep and have a bad lip seal you're most likely a bimax candidate.

• +1