Why do we associate buzz cuts/shaved heads with aggression?

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

There's no gym for my squandered youth.
Tom Holland as Peter Parker. Full head of hair. Endearingly awkward pretty boy.

Tom Holland as Nico Walker. Shaved head. Man on the edge.

It's not just Tom Holland either. What is it about this look? We know that he couldn't pull this character off with his Peter Parker hair. Inversely, he probably couldn't pull off Peter Parker with a shaved head. But why?

Personally I dont find that 'pretty boy' even good looking, he's like normie with below average body and features, and the more masculine your face is the more bad ass you look with a buzz cut, or your skull type, his skull isnt good for a buzz cut

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers, Deleted member 2227 and Vidyacoper
I have the same question. I look way more masculine and aggressive with a buzzcut, even though I look asian as fuck.

• +1
Reactions: je3oe
I have been trying to understand this too. I wonder what a psychologist or social scientist would have to say about this topic. I think it might have something to do with the willful action to go completely against the social norm - which is, of course, having a full head of hair. Shaving it all off seems to signal to the world something along the lines of, “I reject this construct, and I don’t fucking need it.” It looks confident because it signals an attitude of not giving a fuck. Somewhat similar to a hot girl wearing zero makeup and still looking hot, it’s a power move. These are just some half baked ideas of mine and I’m sure there’s a lot more to it.
Another theory I have on why it is associated with masculinity is that warriors have always kept short hair as a combat advantage. Long hair is something your enemy can easily grab onto. I read once that Roman generals didn’t allow their soldiers to have beards because the enemy could easily grab onto their beard and fuck them up. Look at modern MMA fighters, they all have buzzcuts, shaved heads, and if they have facial hair it is never long

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, tongue, EverythingMaxxer and 3 others
Personally I dont find that 'pretty boy' even good looking, he's like normie with below average body and features, and the more masculine your face is the more bad ass you look with a buzz cut, or your skull type, his skull isnt good for a buzz cut
Normie? Girls get wet when he comes

My theory is that buzzcut is more masculine (especially with warrior skull) cause now your head is more focused towards your facial features therefore your hair doesn't give you a prettyboy/harmless bluepilled guy halo effect for your face anymore. Normies and incels may not have a defined masculine facial features but buzzcut still implies that something is not quite right, domesticated normies and women would still find you creepy and weird on first look and in some situations even scary if they were alone with you and didn't know you which implies a somewhat degree of masculinity that buzzcut is associated with.

• +1
Reactions: highT and Golden Glass
makes your jaw stand out way more/your whole face in general

Its dimorphic/masculine.

sfcel vibes

from
brides_of_christ_au.dominic_maloney.jpg

to
gallery_main_05jsymdzysb756rq

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
Army, prison hairstyle.

• +1
Reactions: Mayorga
I don't see it...

I think, women have long hair so having no hair would be the opposite making seems "masculine", since women have round cute eyes and men have hunter eyes and you can go on, but looking at the photos is pretty obvious that the guy have a different expression and is using a gun (so kinda pointless).

Last edited:
Because it's always a popular choice among prisoners, soldiers, fighters. Basically all categories containing super high testosterone low inhibition warriors.

If someone >chooses< to shave their head when they're NW0 it's because they have a robust skull.

A buzzcut makes your splahnocranium visually appear bigger than your neurocranium (slayer skull) whereas having a full head of hair especially if it's some pompous poofy hairstyle will make your neuro appear bigger than it is and overshadow the size of your splahno (incel skull).
Ofcourse if you have some gayass shaped skull in the first place it never began for you and you better hope to never go bald.

A buzzcut makes your splahnocranium visually appear bigger than your neurocranium (slayer skull) whereas having a full head of hair especially if it's some pompous poofy hairstyle will make your neuro appear bigger than it is and overshadow the size of your splahno (incel skull).
Ofcourse if you have some gayass shaped skull in the first place it never began for you and you better hope to never go bald.
1549.jpg

One word:

Niggers

• JFL
Reactions: Schizoidcel
Because we still associate it with skinheads, bikers, neo-Nazis, convicts, soldiers, etc. It used to be a somewhat anti-social look and statement and movies reinforce that stereotype.
It is also sometimes (but not always) a sign of high DHT, a male(=aggression) hormone.

Last edited:
I have been trying to understand this too. I wonder what a psychologist or social scientist would have to say about this topic. I think it might have something to do with the willful action to go completely against the social norm - which is, of course, having a full head of hair. Shaving it all off seems to signal to the world something along the lines of, “I reject this construct, and I don’t fucking need it.” It looks confident because it signals an attitude of not giving a fuck. Somewhat similar to a hot girl wearing zero makeup and still looking hot, it’s a power move. These are just some half baked ideas of mine and I’m sure there’s a lot more to it.
Another theory I have on why it is associated with masculinity is that warriors have always kept short hair as a combat advantage. Long hair is something your enemy can easily grab onto. I read once that Roman generals didn’t allow their soldiers to have beards because the enemy could easily grab onto their beard and fuck them up. Look at modern MMA fighters, they all have buzzcuts, shaved heads, and if they have facial hair it is never long
I think these are both solid theories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back