why do we listen to physics?

Harold O'brien

Harold O'brien

they/them
physics in a nutshell:

everything = energy. more energy means things move faster.

so all physics tells us is that some things move around while others things are stationary. jfl at taking thousands of years to come up with this shit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and poopoohead
I don't know wtf you're talking about

yeah, who needs to be able to predict the natural world?

yeah, who needs to be able to predict the natural world?
all physics can predict is point masses with no external forces

engineer just guess

I only listen to Dr Density

fuck knowing where an electron will go
electrons arent even real - it's some wave particle duality bullshit aka random energy we can't ascertain

electrons arent even real - it's some wave particle duality bullshit aka random energy we can't ascertain
totally. It's not like all modern electronics run off of gateways determined by particle physics.

totally. It's not like all modern electronics run off of gateways determined by particle physics.
electrical engineering is just trial and error with energy until we get it to work how we want

electrical engineering is just trial and error with energy until we get it to work how we want
yep, just random guesses -- no theoretical prediction whatsoever

yep, just random guesses -- no theoretical prediction whatsoever
legit - in the same way evolution is just random mutations until somwthign works

legit - in the same way evolution is just random mutations until somwthign works
and, remind me, did darwin discover evolution through theorycrafting and testing with observation? Or was he just shooting in the dark?

and, remind me, did darwin discover evolution through theorycrafting and testing with observation? Or was he just shooting in the dark?
actually 🤓 evolution was theorized before darwin