Why do we never talk about high lefort 1 here?

N

Norwooder

Master
I got lefort 1 and am now thinking, did I miss out on a higher level osteotomy?
Could I have achieved a better/more aesthetically pleasing result than what the Lefort 1 surgery gave me?
Is it to do with risk? Ie, High lefort 1 holds substantially more risk than the lower cut lefort 1?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
Beacause is not easy to get it, plus whole forum is full of 13 years old now.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Manfrommars, Toth's thot, Deleted member 16834 and 4 others
Beacause is not easy to get it, plus whole forum is full of 13 years old now.
Why can't you get it?
Do you need facial hypoplasia and not just Malloclusion to get it?

During the consultation process to get my bimax surgery (which ended up having satisfactory, but not stellar, results), I asked about a high Lefort 1, but my surgeon refused to do it, saying that there were more risks inherent in that operation.

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder
Would the surgeon straight up just refuse? I am seeing my Surgeon on wednesday as a checkup on the Lefort 1 result but will update this thread on what he says on the requirments of getting a higher level osteotomy such as high lefort 1

• +1
During the consultation process to get my bimax surgery (which ended up having satisfactory, but not stellar, results), I asked about a high Lefort 1, but my surgeon refused to do it, saying that there were more risks inherent in that operation.
Also an issue is my parents payed for my Lefort 1,
If they found out I was trying to get a higher level osteotomy they would deffinetly not allow it, along with the increase in price

Also an issue is my parents payed for my Lefort 1,
If they found out I was trying to get a higher level osteotomy they would deffinetly not allow it, along with the increase in price

Getting the maximally optimal result isn't always possible. We should still consider the fact that we were able to get Lefort osteotomies and make some degree of improvement a victory in itself.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 17429, Deleted member 16834, Deleted member 4430 and 1 other person
I got lefort 1 and am now thinking, did I miss out on a higher level osteotomy?
Could I have achieved a better/more aesthetically pleasing result than what the Lefort 1 surgery gave me?
Is it to do with risk? Ie, High lefort 1 holds substantially more risk than the lower cut lefort 1?
Can you still get ccw rotation in high Lefort 1 ?

• +1
Getting the maximally optimal result isn't always possible. We should still consider the fact that we were able to get Lefort osteotomies and make some degree of improvement a victory in itself.
Rate this man, I have had some terrible thinking lately... Trying to find ways to make my face a perfect structure. It isn't good man,
It's so risky and you can't ever be perfect. I need to make sure not to get caried away like mentally ill people who get 10+ surgeries. there will always be something to fix.

• +1
Reactions: Manfrommars
Rate this man, I have had some terrible thinking lately... Trying to find ways to make my face a perfect structure. It isn't good man,
It's so risky and you can't ever be perfect. I need to make sure not to get caried away like mentally ill people who get 10+ surgeries. there will always be something to fix.

That's a mindset that should definitely be avoided. Something that surgeons themselves will often say is "Perfect is the enemy of good."

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder
threads like this from a time where this forum was actually intellectual and offered actual useful looksmaxxing tips

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17429 and Deleted member 16834