Why does ashwagandha and glycine kill my erections?

CalulArgintiu59

CalulArgintiu59

Silver
Title, so basically I don't understand why ashwagandha and other adaptogens such as rhodiola rosea kill my libido and give me no morning wood!Even things that contain glycine(for exemple magnesium glycinate) kills my erections too.These supplements are known to boost a little testosterone, for exemple ash is known to boost testosterone as it lowers cortisol, but in my case I felt exactly the opposite! And whenever I quit them, everything goes back to normal in a few days, morning wood comes back and if I take these again I get same side effects! I really find this weird as not even lyrica killed my libido as much as these and I was really thinking it will give me some sexual side effects, but I get side effects from stupid supplements jfl!

• Hmm...
Reactions: NZb6Air
Placebo effect.

• +1
Reactions: diamondbill, mfk and zsombi
Title, so basically I don't understand why ashwagandha and other adaptogens such as rhodiola rosea kill my libido and give me no morning wood!Even things that contain glycine(for exemple magnesium glycinate) kills my erections too.These supplements are known to boost a little testosterone, for exemple ash is known to boost testosterone as it lowers cortisol, but in my case I felt exactly the opposite! And whenever I quit them, everything goes back to normal in a few days, morning wood comes back and if I take these again I get same side effects! I really find this weird as not even lyrica killed my libido as much as these and I was really thinking it will give me some sexual side effects, but I get side effects from stupid supplements jfl!
They all lower cortisol hmmm 🤔

stop taking them ur body does not need them if this is the case.

I had the exact same problem when I was on Ashwaganda and magnesium glycinate, got off ash because its fake supp anyway and got on ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B6 complex)

• +1
Reactions: CalulArgintiu59
Nocebo lol

these supplements aren’t doing shit

Yeah that's what placebo effect is about.

Holy SHART, well, I can't go against evidence so decisive!
How can it be placebo if tons of people experienced this? When I first took ash I didn't know anything and I started to randomly notice I get no morning wood and it seemed weird as I usually get them, so when I finished ash after a few days morning wood appeared and guess what? When I took ash another time same thing happened and with rhodiola too.The same with magnesium glycinate and if I try other forms of magnesium everything is fine!I tested this multiple times and everytime this happens!

Nocebo lol

these supplements aren’t doing shit
Wish it would be nocebo, but I didn't experienced this with lyrica, which is 100× riskier and I was way more skeptical when I took it than with ash jfl

stop taking them ur body does not need them if this is the case.

I had the exact same problem when I was on Ashwaganda and magnesium glycinate, got off ash because its fake supp anyway and got on ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B6 complex)
I really didn't think ash/rhodiola or magnesium glycinate could do this to me, but I tested multiple times and it always happens