Why does my smile look decent, despite my low IMW?

D

Deleted member 685

Kraken
Got an intermolar width of around 35 mm (maybe a bit less even) yet my teeth don't look narrow when I smile. I'm afraid of getting weird overly wide teeth when I get MSE and MSDO
IMG 20200212 221749 IMG 20200212 221816 IMG 20200212 221803 IMG 20200212 221843

I also had braces for 2 years

Smile looks decent because your teeth are straight, if they were crooked, it would be over. Don’t be afraid of palate expansion or MSE. It looks weird during expansion, but the result is well worth it.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 685
Smile looks decent because your teeth are straight, if they were crooked, it would be over. Don’t be afraid of palate expansion or MSE. It looks weird during expansion, but the result is well worth it.
How will braces fix it besides the teeth gap?

How will braces fix it besides the teeth gap?
How will braces fix the spaces and irregularities created by expansion?

Just make sure you get a blackpilled orthodontist. Make sure once the expansion is done with the expander they continue expanding with braces/invisalign. Some orthodontists will expand and then use braces that collapse some of the expansion. A blackpilled orthodontist will pull the teeth forward and out laterally, creating a more forward and wider arch.

• +1
How will braces fix the spaces and irregularities created by expansion?

Just make sure you get a blackpilled orthodontist. Make sure once the expansion is done with the expander they continue expanding with braces/invisalign. Some orthodontists will expand and then use braces that collapse some of the expansion. A blackpilled orthodontist will pull the teeth forward and out laterally, creating a more forward and wider arch.
According to @Golden Glass you can't expand with braces or retainers. I meant like how braces will fix an overly wide smile etc

According to @Golden Glass you can't expand with braces or retainers. I meant like how braces will fix an overly wide smile etc
That’s not entirely true. You can get 1-2mm of expansion off of braces and invisalign, but that’s just it, 1-2mm isn’t really noticeable. And I don’t really know if it’s possible to have an “overly wide” smile if done correctly. Just don’t expand 12mm like that autist Ronald Ead. I would shoot for 8mm of expansion.

• +1
I need to visit the dentist

Autism.me
tfw you keep shit posting about "muh midface" and "muh palate" when you are nordic and mog 90% of this forum

@Golden Glass Can you keep braces while expanding with the mse? or you need to wait once the expansion is complete?

OP your smile won’t look “overly wide” after MSE. That IMW is around average.

And
@Golden Glass Can you keep braces while expanding with the mse? or you need to wait once the expansion is complete?
I’ve never seen anyone have braces during MSE

OP your smile won’t look “overly wide” after MSE. That IMW is around average.

And

I’ve never seen anyone have braces during MSE
Yes because people and most of the orthos are retards that pull faces back. So do you think the braces will hinder the expansion? I want to avoid that cuck diastema between the front teeth.

Yes because people and most of the orthos are retards that pull faces back. So do you think the braces will hinder the expansion? I want to avoid that cuck diastema between the front teeth.
Orthos that do MSE are almost by definition not retards, so I don’t see how this is an argument.

• JFL
Reactions: curryslayerordeath
That’s not entirely true. You can get 1-2mm of expansion off of braces and invisalign, but that’s just it, 1-2mm isn’t really noticeable. And I don’t really know if it’s possible to have an “overly wide” smile if done correctly. Just don’t expand 12mm like that autist Ronald Ead. I would shoot for 8mm of expansion.

Do you happen to have any measurements from your expansion?

Do you happen to have any measurements from your expansion?
Before expansion my IMW was ~ 36 millimeters. Now after expansion, and with slightly more expansion from invisalign, it’s almost 46 millimeters.

• +1
Before expansion my IMW was ~ 36 millimeters. Now after expansion, and with slightly more expansion from invisalign, it’s almost 46 millimeters.

Iirc, you had 8 mm of zygos expansion and 1 mm of ipd (idk if ur the poster I saw elsewhere)?

Iirc, you had 8 mm of zygos expansion and 1 mm of ipd (idk if ur the poster I saw elsewhere)?
Yes, I am the same one. I had 8mm of zygos expansion and about 1.5 mm IPD change. The zygos were the most noticeable though, many people I know have commented on it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 685 and curryslayerordeath
Orthos that do MSE are almost by definition not retards, so I don’t see how this is an argument.
What about orthos that do MSE only because you asked and insisted about it?

Yes, I am the same one. I had 8mm of zygos expansion and about 1.5 mm IPD change. The zygos were the most noticeable though, many people I know have commented on it.

Good shit man thx for the info

• +1
Reactions: Hades
needs pallet improvment

What about orthos that do MSE only because you asked and insisted about it?
For them to even care about trying something like MSE, they’d by necessity be a more “face-focused” ortho in the first place