Why does my throat lock itself in certain social situations?

sp3ll

sp3ll

cutecelmaxxing
I've been experiencing a rather strange and uncomfortable issue that I could use some advice on.
Lately, I've noticed that whenever I'm with certain people, my throat tends to lock up,
making it difficult for me to speak, so I end up not saying much because I just end up in the middle of a sentence without being able to complete it.

However, in other social situations, this problem doesn't seem to occur at all. I'm left wondering whether this could be related to anxiety or if there's something else going on. I'm very likely autistic.

death note smile GIF

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: hattrick, Deleted member 28916 and ascension
ur just shy

You need something long that can clear out the blockage

Bbc

• JFL
Reactions: overtier1011
You need throat fucking

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: overtier1011 and ascension
it's because of social anxiety. and the anxiety/stress will only get worse when you're throat feels like that. it's a vicious cycle at that point. you need to fix the underlying issue. you need to get out of your comfort zone and face your anxiety by exposing yourself. and if you can't do that without getting panic attacks you can use drugs like phenibut so you won't feel too anxious.

the solution to every fear is exposure, because once your body knows that social situations aren't actually dangerous you will stop having physicial reactions from the stress like what you're describing with your throat. and if that happens you will be able to talk normally and you will get more positive feedback which improves your confidene and therefore fixes the anxiety.

• +1
Reactions: hattrick, Av0nr, blite and 2 others
The most inceliest of incel traits, on top of ur lisp

• So Sad
Reactions: normie_joe
Do you hard mew and chin tuck?
This can happen when you do that

Do you hard mew and chin tuck?
This can happen when you do that
it's not caused by mewing, I've had this issue with specific people since I was 11-12 I believe.
this is extremely likely anxiety related

Cus youre too much in your head and you choke on your words instead of getting it out lol

because you are trying to speak when you haven't fully formed your thought or message yet. at least that was my problem. just think more before you speak and become low inhib. don't focus on pleasing or entertaining other people.

because you are trying to speak when you haven't fully formed your thought or message yet. at least that was my problem. just think more before you speak and become low inhib. don't focus on pleasing or entertaining other people.
I'm focusing on a mindset where I delete the thought/don't make the thought into an action
it gives me less stress
and the more I practice it the less stressed i become

Wouldn’t have this problem if you used steroids

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl