Why does the voice get deeper as we get older?

G

gargomel

Iron
I associate it with the increase in hormones during adolescence, but the voice of a 40-year-old is quite deeper than a 20-year-old. What is the reason for this?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: mathis, Cointoss/Chad/Incel, PsychoH and 1 other person

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: skkrrrtcantdo, 4lt.Real, galvin8101 and 3 others
DHT increases as you get older

• +1
Reactions: huaus, mathis, halloweed and 2 others
The voice gets deeper as we get older mainly because of physical changes in our body. When we hit puberty, our vocal cords get longer and thicker, which makes the voice sound deeper. It’s like how a big drum makes a lower sound than a small drum. The larynx (voice box) also grows, especially in boys, making the voice sound even deeper. As you age, other factors like hormonal changes can affect the tone of your voice too. Also your a nigger

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: gargomel, 4lt.Real and galvin8101
Probably the same reason older dudes wrists are bigger

• +1
Reactions: gargomel and PsychoH
I associate it with the increase in hormones during adolescence, but the voice of a 40-year-old is quite deeper than a 20-year-old. What is the reason for this?
Hormone

• +1
Reactions: Nirvana
the norwood reaper is coming

no one is safe

The voice gets deeper as we get older mainly because of physical changes in our body. When we hit puberty, our vocal cords get longer and thicker, which makes the voice sound deeper. It’s like how a big drum makes a lower sound than a small drum. The larynx (voice box) also grows, especially in boys, making the voice sound even deeper. As you age, other factors like hormonal changes can affect the tone of your voice too. Also your a nigger
Good post OP :feelsokman:

• JFL
Reactions: maxxedoutfyp
OP discovers growing up

• JFL
Reactions: huaus, Ceo of CrueltySquad, MA_ascender and 1 other person
i guess .org is filled with people without basic biology knowledge nowadays