why don't many Christians read more theology than just the Bible?

noobs

noobs

professional gambler
The Bible isn't structured like the Quran, with one author. The bible is a compilation of theological book's compiled by the church.

So why don't any Christians read any of the more modern books like Orthodoxy by G.K Chesterson or City of God by St. Augustine?

Photo 2024 06 30 01 35 59

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon, lastamericanvirgin, 5'7 zoomer and 3 others
“God put you on Earth now, at the gayest and most retarded time in human history, specifically so you could fix it. Don't let him down.”
-Dylann Roof
iu

@noobs when did he even say that?

• +1
Reactions: noobs
The Bible isn't structured like the Quran, with one author. The bible is a compilation of theological book's compiled by the church.

So why don't any Christians read any of the more modern books like Orthodoxy by G.K Chesterson or City of God by St. Augustine?

View attachment 3007861
If your gonna ask such questions you could have at least tagged me….

The reason is simple, because you live in the west and most Christian’s where are heretics aka Protestants and Protestants disregard 80% of Christian teachings and religion and focus on the bible alone called “sola Scriptura” which translates to “Scripture alone”

All other sects do what you just said with no issue you are just in a Protestant nation. Christian theology and philosophy/metaphysics is the most In-depth of any religion due to this. Islams metaphysics is like elementary school tier compared to the doctorate tier Christian metaphysics and philosophy

Also not all Christian’s agree on the saints of each denomination and thus one saint in Catholicism isn’t the saint in orthodoxy for instance. Protestants don’t have saints either as they are retards.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Ugh..
Reactions: lastamericanvirgin, Bomber517, vermillioncorefan and 2 others

The reason is simple, because you live in the west and most Christian’s where are heretics aka Protestants and Protestants disregard 80% of Christian teachings and religion and focus on the bible alone called “sola Scriptura” which translates to “Scripture alone”

All other sects do what you just said with no issue you are just in a Protestant nation. Christian theology and philosophy/metaphysics is the most In-depth of any religion due to this. Islams metaphysics is like elementary school tier compared to the doctorate tier Christian metaphysics and philosophy

Also not all Christian’s agree on the saints of each denomination and thus one saint in Catholicism isn’t the saint in orthodoxy for instance. Protestants don’t have saints either as they are retards.
based

because the bible came from god, and that theology shit is just interpretations of the bible. it’s like reading a movie review without watching the movie; it wouldn’t make any sense.

• Hmm...
Alwyas makes me laugh when Muslims bring up stuff like this :ROFLMAO:

As if Protestants adhere to the true faith. Protestants only follow one tenant of Christianity, the bible but neglect the other aspects of the religion making them only 20% Christian in practice. Protestants don’t even worship properly in accordance to the faith :hnghn::hnghn::hnghn::hnghn: just look up Pentecostal churches for example

• +1
Reactions: xtremfailer and noobs
because the bible came from god, and that theology shit is just interpretations of the bible. it’s like reading a movie review without watching the movie; it wouldn’t make any sense.
the bible didn't come from god, the actions were by God then people wrote about God and the church compiled these writings

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur and vermillioncorefan
the bible didn't come from god, the actions were by gods then people wrote about god and the church compiled these writings
ok but it’s like readin the movie review without watching the movie you have to watch the movie to have an opinion on the review

• Hmm...
ok but it’s like readin the movie review without watching the movie you have to watch the movie to have an opinion on the review
the interpretations of it are more important than the watching the movie because this forms your beliefs, every christian already knows the movie

bible and quran are both full of thing who made no sense,

the interpretations of it are more important than the movie, every christian already knows the movie
i dnrd the interpretation cuz it wasn’t about anything that i related to

this makes me hate protestantism more

im stuck going to a protestant church bc of my parents and the closest orthodox church is a 30 minute drive one-way

• So Sad
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur
christians read the bible?

this makes me hate protestantism more

im stuck going to a protestant church bc of my parents and the closest orthodox church is a 30 minute drive one-way
Yeah. We are growing don’t worry, the truth is coming out and the false churches are learning the truth that is orthodoxy it’s the onyl church that is in accordance to the church fathers and the ecumenical councils. It’s the only one that meets all of the melkisidak priesthood points.

Catholicism is also fucked but not as bad as Protestantism but in general western churches are a meme that are not Theanthropic in nature they are human made institutions that’s why the pope allows Catholics to pray with Muslims and why he allows heresies. This is why the Protestants have no epistemological basis to support their view on Sola Scriptura without looking dumb.

Muslims can only debate Protestants and Catholics but once they meet orthodox they run, I’m only a Catechumen and I smash every Muslim on this form in religious debates and make Islam the joke it is. Protestants struggle to do this.

My church is 1.2 hours away from my house and I go there once every 2 weeks so I can relate

• +1
Alwyas makes me laugh when Muslims bring up stuff like this :ROFLMAO:

As if Protestants adhere to the true faith. Protestants only follow one tenant of Christianity, the bible but neglect the other aspects of the religion making them only 20% Christian in practice. Protestants don’t even worship properly in accordance to the faith :hnghn::hnghn::hnghn::hnghn: just look up Pentecostal churches for example
The Bible is Holy and necessary but Sola Scriptura is heretical af. Also, scripture is mysterious and abstruse, so intellectual guidance is needed for a good interpretation. When I dispose of more time I pretend to read Aquinas

• +1

View attachment 3007861

[COLOR=rgb(37 99 235 / var(--tw-text-opacity))]2 Kings 6:28-29

[/COLOR]

28 Then he asked her, “What’s the matter?” She answered, “This woman said to me, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him today, and tomorrow we’ll eat my son.’
29 So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him,’ but she had hidden him.”

View attachment 3007861
Your Christian?

• +1