Why don’t people believe in free speech?

Aladin

Aladin

Kraken
The average person uses backlash when met with speech they dint like.

Why are they such pussies?

• Hmm...
Reactions: nathan
freedom of speech doesn’t mean I can’t react when someone says a something annoying

• +1
Reactions: nathan
freedom of speech doesn’t mean I can’t react when someone says a something annoying
I never said it did. But if you inflict negative response in an effort to deter them.

You are indeed violating their freedom of speech.

I never said it did. But if you inflict negative response in an effort to deter them.

You are indeed violating their freedom of speech.
Negative response is to be expected when you say something to someone that might inflict anger in them you have to be accommodating to others aswell

Negative response is to be expected when you say something to someone that might inflict anger in them you have to be accommodating to others aswell
Your point?

The average person uses backlash when met with speech they dint like.

Why are they such pussies?

• Hmm...
Reactions: not__cel
The human being was not made to accept such condition, and freedom of speech never existed and never will.

You said it did retard read what you said again
He means that your reaction shouldnt involve oppressing his freedom of speech. Or that your reaction shouldnt involve removing his freedom of speech, better said.

I believe folks should say their mind. I always tell people to put me on a blast If they need. I prefer it than gaslight. And I am meant to dance with them in the conversation, somehow.

But that's me.

Free speech will always be relative not absolute, and that's fine because every person has their own things to "not talk about" which shifts onto each society having their own things to "not talk about".

but its relativity is what's at debate, some relativity is plausible such as not yelling "fire" or "murder" because we need a functioning system while other is "dont say nigger if youre white".

There are functioning societies without the second one but none without the first, it ultimately boils down to its contribution to the functionality of the system, though sometimes people conflate its functionality with the popular culture hence they make suggestions like the latter, though this is often an exaggerated obstacle as you can see people thought that abortion will always be legal in usa due to the skyrocketing feminist increase, yet roe v wade was overturned in a few states.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: icetraebald
Free speech will always be relative not absolute, and that's fine because every person has their own things to "not talk about" which shifts onto each society having their own things to "not talk about".

but its relativity is what's at debate, some relativity is plausible such as not yelling "fire" or "murder" because we need a functioning system while other is "dont say nigger if youre white".

There are functioning societies without the second one but none without the first, it ultimately boils down to its contribution to the functionality of the system, though sometimes people conflate its functionality with the popular culture hence they make suggestions like the latter, though this is often an exaggerated obstacle as you can see people thought that abortion will always be legal in usa due to the skyrocketing feminist increase, yet roe v wade was overturned in a few states.
Nuggets shouldn’t be given that protection.