Why don't people consider brazillian mulattos to be black??

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Professor
Title. American mulattos are considered to be black so why not Brazilian ones? They seem to be considered their own seperate race

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho, Xangsane and iloveboobs
@sportsmogger @Scarface756 @liberiangrimreaper @FaceandBBC @Latinus @wishIwasSalludon @Imretarded?

• +1
Reactions: iloveboobs and FaceandBBC
They are their own race they’re more mixed than typical American mulattos. They are Afro -latinas

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Where?
I have seen people saying that Ronaldo Nazário,Neymar and Adriana Lima were Black

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel, Jason Voorhees and sportsmogger
that entire country is full of mixed people

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel, greywind, liberiangrimreaper and 1 other person
@Never Get Up @Kelly Oubre Jr @TheLookInYourEyes @mulattocel

@sportsmogger @Scarface756 @liberiangrimreaper @FaceandBBC @Latinus @wishIwasSalludon @Imretarded?
The mutts won't say they're black unless it benefits them. They'll say some shit like "me no black me Brazilian."

• JFL
Reactions: sportsmogger and Jason Voorhees
Where?
I have seen people saying that Ronaldo Nazário,Neymar and Adriana Lima were Black
In US most people perceive them to be latinos. They are lumped as ethnic Brazilians not with blacks.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, curryascenderr and Beetlejuice
maybe cause most mutts in brazil have mutt parents, contrary to america where they have one black parent and one white parent

They might relate more to the black side, where the brazilian cant

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel, greywind, curryascenderr and 1 other person
The mutts won't say they're black unless it benefits them. They'll say some shit like "me no black me Brazilian."
That goes for all mutts tbh. Most mulattos just change races depending on what benefits them the most. Most of the time they are all about that black thug life listening to rap, playing basketball and being the hood gangsta but immediately switch sides when they see a black guy snatching a purse and on thw news for something bad. Filthy niggers they are I am mulatto not a black. I despise them they say trying to claim white

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: greywind, curryascenderr and FaceandBBC
Neither are black. White-Black mixed Americans are mulatto. Black brazilians are afro-latino/a. Stop comparing ethnic groups with a race
Title. American mulattos are considered to be black so why not Brazilian ones? They seem to be considered their own seperate race

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ElTruecel and Jason Voorhees
I think many Americans tend to see Latinos as being part of a "Latino race", which doesn't really exist, since we can look like almost anything in the Old World: black Africans, Euro, MENA, East Asians... in Brazil, mulatoes are seen as black, and while it's true that you see mulatoes here disciminating against pure looking Africans, when it comes to our society as a whole, yes, they are socially black (mulatoes in Brazil might more sexualized than pure blacks and seen as prettier, but they are still victims of structural racism), that's why recently many Brazilian actors are cheering by the increase of black actors as main roles in our telenovelas, when these actors look mostly mulatoes, not pure blacks.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, liberiangrimreaper and Beetlejuice
Most people don't think like that tho. One drop rule
Most people are also degenerate retards. IDC about some historically-prejudicious and retarded one drop rule either :sleep::sleep:

• JFL
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
For example, these two Brazilian actors, Samuel de Assis and Sharon Menezes, were the main actors/couple of the 2023 telenovela "Vai na Fé", and while they have significant Portuguese ancestry, which is obviously in their phenotypes, a.k.a mulatoes, they were/are seen as vanguards for Brazilian tv, for being black main characters, the fact that they aren't purple black with congoid features is of less concern, they are socially black in Brazil:
tv-globo-vai-na-fe-sol-e-ben-juntos_60.jpeg

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and Beetlejuice
maybe cause most mutts in brazil have mutt parents, contrary to america where they have one black parent and one white parent

They might relate more to the black side, where the brazilian cant
True, most pardos/mulatoes Brazilians come from a long generation of mixed looking people, since most Brazilians are already not white.

• +1
Pardo Brazilians usually have multi-generational mixed ancestry and there's a wider spectrum over how they look compared to Bi-Racial Black/White Americans.

Also, there was never a one drop rule in Brazil or the rest of Latin America.

That said, Argentines online call Pardos "Black"(or straight up racial slurs) all the time so it really depends on who you ask.

non-brazilians consider them black a lot more than brazilians but even then there is a preconceived notion that hispanics are darker skinned so most people simply see them as hispanic

I don’t consider mulattos black. But yea there’s some full negro ones like @Entschuldigung
Most people don't think like that tho. One drop rule
only exists in USA and it’s kinda stupid

Average self proclaimed black Brazilian is 50%+ white + some indigenous blood + 30%+ black
I wouldn't call them black, they're mixed
Also there's no such thing as mullatos, this is just a term, most blacks are triracial

For example, these two Brazilian actors, Samuel de Assis and Sharon Menezes, were the main actors/couple of the 2023 telenovela "Vai na Fé", and while they have significant Portuguese ancestry, which is obviously in their phenotypes, a.k.a mulatoes, they were/are seen as vanguards for Brazilian tv, for being black main characters, the fact that they aren't purple black with congoid features is of less concern, they are socially black in Brazil:
tv-globo-vai-na-fe-sol-e-ben-juntos_60.jpeg
In the American concept they're "mullatos" but in Brazil they're seen as blacks

Mulato(a) refers to phenotype only, not genetics. Genetic wise, most Brazilians are triracial, regardless of how they look.