Why don't scientists do a study on mewing?

Perfectumbrain

Perfectumbrain

Banned
We know Mike Mewin is disliked by orthodontists. But why? Why don't scientists test on humans whether mewing is really effective or is a lie?

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: thecel, 𝔻𝔸𝕎ℕ 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L and Deleted member 1901
They really should. Mewing does work, but it is really annoying how all the before/after pictures have inconsistent angles + lighting. I would be really interested in the results of the study. Also, I think only hard mewing is effective unless you mew for literally many years.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Hipcel and thecel
We know Mike Mewin is disliked by orthodontists. But why? Why don't scientists test on humans whether mewing is really effective or is a lie?
Because life long twin studies are a pain in the ass, that's why

the answer that makes the most sense:

it helps but only in developing children, hence why mike always shows before and afters with children and teenagers

We know Mike Mew is disliked by orthodontists. But why?
Orthodontists make money off of straightening teeth. Orthotropics offers an alternative to it. It would be natural to be against mewing when the mewing community exposes that orthodontics can actually ruin the face, which threatens their source of income.

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel, Deleted member 13626, Deleted member 19301 and 1 other person
Who would pay for that study?

• +1
Reactions: KDA Player
Isnt MSE + Facemask like mewing without actually putting the tongue on your palate? Would it give the same result? If so, I don't see the point in mewing.

Studies are only done on treatments, not cures. Medical industry is "industry" for a reason. Do you think a billion dollar industry is gonna do research on something which will eventually make their business dead? Same goes for pharma companies, pharma companies have big investors who want them to maximize their profit, and for maximising profit you need to sell as much as you can

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Solidcoin
You're born today if you believe scientist are always driven by study and progress, the vast majority is driven by money like any other human being.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
They literally do and have been for decades: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6677336/

Why do you think Mew is so disliked in his professional community? You think every one of the mild-mannered Brits on the dental council decided to persecute him for no reason? Or because he makes outrageous claims and is kind of a snake oil salesman?

• +1
Reactions: valhalar and Perfectumbrain
Why would someone in an ortho field study mewing? Its way more lucrative to treat these things rather then getting at the root cause.

Think about the 2 options

>Recommend mewing and proper posture which will prevent millions of people from needing to get braces

>Say nothing about mewing and you get millions of paying customers due to having deformed jaws.

• JFL
Reactions: teracoper

Because it’s pretty obvious to normal people that it is impossible?

Like there is no studies on if humans can levitate

• JFL
Reactions: Perfectumbrain
People that are saying mewing doesn't work need brain upgrading surgery.

I've noticed changes, but not at the main spots I wanted. @vahbrah

Because it’s pretty obvious to normal people that it is impossible?

Like there is no studies on if humans can levitate
Do you consider pushing a bone forward as the same possibility as flying?

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel
Do you consider pushing a bone forward as the same possibility as flying?

I dont believe you can change your face noticably by sheer will

Maybe 0,2 mm forward but still the whole thing is pretty ridiculous and non-NT.

you will revert back to whatever your genetics are set to as soon as you stop. Are you going to mew your entire life with nobody noticing anything different.. when being NT and getting status is 1000x more effective

Like, put all that energy into diet, lifestyle instead I bet it will be more productive

I dont believe you can change your face noticably by sheer will

Maybe 0,2 mm forward but still the whole thing is pretty ridiculous and non-NT.

you will revert back to whatever your genetics are set to as soon as you stop. Are you going to mew your entire life with nobody noticing anything different.. when being NT and getting status is 1000x more effective

Like, put all that energy into diet, lifestyle instead I bet it will be more productive
When everything was genetically adjusted, your teeth wouldn't rot because you sucked on a pacifier as a kid. If everything was shaped by genetics, the finger and pacifier you sucked as a child would not have made your lower jaw grow forward and left your maxilla behind compared to your lower jaw. Second, how do you think the advanced jaw will come back? The bone has advanced there and the space will be filled with bone by the body.

People that are saying mewing doesn't work need brain upgrading surgery.

I've noticed changes, but not at the main spots I wanted. @vahbrah
When everything was genetically adjusted, your teeth wouldn't rot because you sucked on a pacifier as a kid. If everything was shaped by genetics, the finger and pacifier you sucked as a child would not have made your lower jaw grow forward and left your maxilla behind compared to your lower jaw. Second, how do you think the advanced jaw will come back? The bone has advanced there and the space will be filled with bone by the body.

Cope cope cope

Accept your face

They literally do and have been for decades: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6677336/

Why do you think Mew is so disliked in his professional community? You think every one of the mild-mannered Brits on the dental council decided to persecute him for no reason? Or because he makes outrageous claims and is kind of a snake oil salesman?
Exactly lol. In fact the Dental Council said it was great he was looking at alternative medicine, but that he had a) provided zero strong evidence and b) was talking on social media as if the evidence was there.

Also keep in mind the Mews make kids wear headgear for years, so much that many patients want to quit. Ngl years of headgear sounds like cope better solved with jaw surgery.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A and varbrah
Exactly lol. In fact the Dental Council said it was great he was looking at alternative medicine, but that he had a) provided zero strong evidence and b) was talking on social media as if the evidence was there.

Also keep in mind the Mews make kids wear headgear for years, so much that many patients want to quit. Ngl years of headgear sounds like cope better solved with jaw surgery.
It’s pretty funny. Scientists have been studying the correlation between oral posture, mastication, etc. and craniofacial development for decades and retards still think that Mew is somehow ahead of the curve here. Maybe John Mew was given his era, but Mike not so much.

Yeah the years in headgear is a bit ridiculous. Pretty sure he only just started using MARPE/MSE in the past 6-12 months so hopefully that will speed it up for those poor bastards. Lol

• +1
Reactions: valhalar
ok

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 9.19.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 9.19.58 AM.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 0
It’s pretty funny. Scientists have been studying the correlation between oral posture, mastication, etc. and craniofacial development for decades and retards still think that Mew is somehow ahead of the curve here. Maybe John Mew was given his era, but Mike not so much.

Yeah the years in headgear is a bit ridiculous. Pretty sure he only just started using MARPE/MSE in the past 6-12 months so hopefully that will speed it up for those poor bastards. Lol
Also Mike Mew has a few lawsuits against him right now, he talked about it a couple months on YouTube. They’re from patients families! He said it’s going to bankrupt him.

Maze

The Morphing Software of the Future! Coming Soon to a Basement Near You!