why every time i get a compliment i think they are making fun of me

faustianspirit

faustianspirit

Nettspend Nationalism | Pronouns: Xe/Xim
I remember this summer I was in a party talking with a girl and she told me I looked like her brother, very tall and fit. When I heard that I thought she was in reality making fun of me and I laughed it off and left. Happened a lot of times, with different compliments and different people, men and women alike, compliments about my appearance or not, I always react as if they were laughing at me.

When i see myself in the mirror i know i am indeed tall and fit, but when i hear that coming off of someone elses mouth i think they are making fun of me.

Why is that? Can I fix it? How?

Thanks frens

• +1
Reactions: HTNcutecel, isis_Bleach and notsocommonthumb
maybe they are making fun of you

• JFL
Reactions: faustianspirit
Because everyone here on this website has low self esteem

• +1
I remember this summer I was in a party talking with a girl and she told me I looked like her brother, very tall and fit. When I heard that I thought she was in reality making fun of me and I laughed it off and left. Happened a lot of times, with different compliments and different people, men and women alike, compliments about my appearance or not, I always react as if they were laughing at me.

When i see myself in the mirror i know i am indeed tall and fit, but when i hear that coming off of someone elses mouth i think they are making fun of me.

Thanks frens
i dont care you humble bragging piece of shit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: cannotbeasked, cooldude1231 and faustianspirit
Death to mentalcels

• +1

i dont know im wondering this too. in my case i actually am ugly so its hard to face reality.
Thanks frens

i dont know im wondering this too. in my case i actually am ugly so its hard to face reality.
ive had friends complimenting my shoes or my clothes and my brain still thinks they are making fun of me. my physical appearance isnt the reason why i am like this

• +1
Reactions: isis_Bleach
Truecels are worse mentally
yes probably, my heart goes out to every truecel in this site, once i reach power i will give you all mandated girlfriends

• Hmm...
Reactions: cooldude1231
ive had friends complimenting my shoes or my clothes and my brain still thinks they are making fun of me. my physical appearance isnt the reason why i am like this
seems like u picked up the abused dog mindset somewhere along the way

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: faustianspirit and isis_Bleach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back