Why is getting in Ivy League considered so hard?

Angutoid

Angutoid

Mistral
The only obstacle is SAT considering you can lie about your extracurriculars and i dont think its hard to get the perfect sat score afer putting in some work so whats making it hard to get into the Ivy?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Abhorrence and TeenAscender
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, TeenAscender, coisbhai and 1 other person
it isnt just SAT you need ECs, near-perfect GPA + a shit ton of community service hours what are you talking about

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, User28823, TeenAscender and 3 others
it isnt just SAT you need ECs, near-perfect GPA + a shit ton of community service hours what are you talking about
Do you know how to read?

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence
just be black theory

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Richard Cheese, 1966Ford, RoyaleWithCheese and 3 others
i meant not just SAT and ECs but my point still stands
No it does not bro... if u can lie about ecs u can lie about community services too and that way the only thing left is sat and gpa which shouldnt be that big of a deal as people exxagerate

• +1
The only obstacle is SAT considering you can lie about your extracurriculars and i dont think its hard to get the perfect sat score afer putting in some work so whats making it hard to get into the Ivy?

GPA

• +1
Reactions: Angutoid
Are you in an ivy league school?

• +1
Financial aid?
They need a good reason to let a poorfag who can’t afford their course study. It’s not like they wanna give a financial aid cause it’s expensive. You gotta be exceptional to get it.

• +1
They are mostly a rich kid clubs which accept poorer students if they do a lot of extra curricular on top being somwhat academically smart.

Many smart but poor students are trying to get into them with lying as much as possible in extracuricallar (muh helping canser research, saving animals, stopping crime at nights ect.) because the Ivy leauge grads make a lot of money.

What they dont know is, people who are accepted to Ivy leauge but didnt go are equally succesful as well, they basically only accept people who are already set for success (either rich parents or high academic success + good at lying), so it looks like these unis resulted in their success.

Its kinda obvious from the beginning as well, what is taught in Harward uni is public, you can watch the videos, there is not some secret knowledge.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Abhorrence, TeenAscender and 2 others
Because more than 50% of student who get in are either rich asf or legacy Student

• +1
Reactions: TeenAscender and Angutoid
Even if you're perfect you still only got a 20% watch any video on admissions and they will tell you they have more than enough qualified candidates.

• +1
ivy league is a meme for rich normies. academically, its lost its prestige two decades ago when they lowered the standards for niggers. now most ivy leagues are just incubation chambers for retard activists.

plus why would anyone want to spend extra money, effort, time, for an ivy league education just to end up in the same wagecuck lifecycle as the guy who went to community college? sure you get more money, but you're still a cuck

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence and Angutoid
plus why would anyone want to spend extra money, effort, time, for an ivy league education just to end up in the same wagecuck lifecycle as the guy who went to community college? sure you get more money, but you're still a cuck
Still prestigous in normies' eyes maybe

• +1
larp max there is a famous youtuber that went to stanford with a low gpa, and frauded his essays and almost get kicked out, i think his name was arpi park

• Love it
Reactions: Richard Cheese and Angutoid
Go test optional and fraud being black, thats what mindy kalings brother did

• JFL
larp max there is a famous youtuber that went to stanford with a low gpa, and frauded his essays and almost get kicked out, i think his name was arpi park
I love you

• +1
  • +1
I feel like a failure for not going into an ivy league and im from south america, shit literlaly made me sad cause i didnt knew u had to start the proccess since the start of hs with extracurriculars. Imagine being from an wealthy us fanily and not going to a top uni.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Abhorrence and TeenAscender
I feel like a failure for not going into an ivy league and im from south america, shit literlaly made me sad cause i didnt knew u had to start the proccess since the start of hs with extracurriculars. Imagine being from an wealthy us fanily and not going to a top uni.
Why didnt u larp

• +1
JFL if you’re asian you’re competing against other asians bc they have de facto quotas in place. Better have perfect everything in that case

• +1
Why didnt u larp
It was not only that, when i discovered the proccess i was 18, i would need to start training my english to do the english test and train for the sat. Its a whole process i wasnt used to.

• So Sad
It was not only that, when i discovered the proccess i was 18, i would need to start training my english to do the english test and train for the sat. Its a whole process i wasnt used to.
im 17 and i just discovered too... i think i can get a good ielts score but i never tried or know anything about sat so im fucked too

• +1
🧏‍♂️

• JFL
im 17 and i just discovered too... i think i can get a good ielts score but i never tried or know anything about sat so im fucked too
Yeah i was late 17 at the time, well if u have the patience and the money to go though the process, u also need a teacher letter saying good things about u

• So Sad
Yeah i was late 17 at the time, well if u have the patience and the money to go though the process, u also need a teacher letter saying good things about u
My high inhib ass is too nervous to ask.. u know if the teachers need to be at my cureent school or can they be from my previous schools (in hs)?

• +1
My high inhib ass is too nervous to ask.. u know if the teachers need to be at my cureent school or can they be from my previous schools (in hs)?
No

• So Sad
Major fucking cope

You need a near perfect GPA which if you go to a competitive elite magnet school with 7+ college courses a year is low key not fucking easy

On top of that you need flawless standardized test scores (you need to be in the 1% of the 1%)

And all that is just to get you through the door

Now you need bullshit niche and extracurricular skills at a multiple national/international level. Remember it’s a zero sum game and there are many ppl way smarter than you and/or set up in their youth way better than you.

If you have all of that as just a normal unhooked applicant you’ll now have a ~3-7% chance at these elite schools, again assuming you have ALL the above I just mentioned

• +1
Reactions: Richard Cheese and Angutoid
Low gpa my fucking ass

He had straight As throughout highschool, the only non As he got were A minuses in his freshman year which Stanford doesn’t consider. He had cracked national art awards, a 1590 SAT, a 36 ACT, and top 0.1 percentile essays, which again he plagiarized but oh well he played the game well

He IQ and acheivementmogs pretty much everyone here

Low gpa my fucking ass

He had straight As throughout highschool, the only non As he got were A minuses in his freshman year which Stanford doesn’t consider. He had cracked national art awards, a 1590 SAT, a 36 ACT, and top 0.1 percentile essays, which again he plagiarized but oh well he played the game well

He IQ and acheivementmogs pretty much everyone here
completely true, still frauded his essays and was caught. I know people with the same stats but weren't given the same opportunities

• +1
Reactions: TeenAscender
The US college admissions system in terms of getting into Top 20-30 elite institutions is without a doubt the hardest college admissions system internationally

The US college admissions system in terms of getting into Top 20-30 elite institutions is without a doubt the hardest college admissions system internationally
i mean its a bit overrated nowadays for most non research based jobs. i had a korean friend who went to harvard but i graduated making more than him and hes a lawyer, same as a northwestern friend

• JFL
i mean its a bit overrated nowadays for most non research based jobs. i had a korean friend who went to harvard but i graduated making more than him and hes a lawyer, same as a northwestern friend
Harvard and northwestern are pretty much demigod institutions. Your Korean friend is a god for being able to get into Harvard as an unhooked applicant btw.

For finance it’s pretty much everything, but for doctor/lawyer it’s overrated as f, atleast undergrad. I’m a current senior applying to these schools and all my friends who are cracked geniuses with 5.0 GPAs and legit medical research are choosing BSMD programs over Ivy leagues, Stanford, Duke

Harvard and northwestern are pretty much demigod institutions. Your Korean friend is a god for being able to get into Harvard as an unhooked applicant btw.

For finance it’s pretty much everything, but for doctor/lawyer it’s overrated as f, atleast undergrad. I’m a current senior applying to these schools and all my friends who are cracked geniuses with 5.0 GPAs and legit medical research are choosing BSMD programs over Ivy leagues, Stanford, Duke
good for them probably way cheaper and faster to go through these programs and less stressful, they're all probably gonna end up the same place with the same salary eventually. I guess it would be good to have an ivy league if your in a director + role but at that point you can just apply to a masters ivy league 20 years later

good for them probably way cheaper and faster to go through these programs and less stressful, they're all probably gonna end up the same place with the same salary eventually. I guess it would be good to have an ivy league if your in a director + role but at that point you can just apply to a masters ivy league 20 years later
That’s essentially what I’m planning to do. If I don’t get into a T5 or T10 institution this year I’ll take a gap year/transfer by resume and courserigormaxxing to the absolute extreme. On top of that I need an MBA from HSW; but for law pretty much all you need is a law degree from an Ivy Peter thiel George bush type shit. You could legit go to wright state university and be fine, so I’m very envious of my friends w different plans to me rn

• +1
Reactions: gooner23
That’s essentially what I’m planning to do. If I don’t get into a T5 or T10 institution this year I’ll take a gap year/transfer by resume and courserigormaxxing to the absolute extreme. On top of that I need an MBA from HSW; but for law pretty much all you need is a law degree from an Ivy Peter thiel George bush type shit. You could legit go to wright state university and be fine, so I’m very envious of my friends w different plans to me rn
I mean i spent most of my high school and college trying to get the best job i could so i can't really relate, we did have a friend transfer to carnegie mellon which is like tied for #1 comp sci imo, bro was depressed 24/7. Same with all my amazon friends, were offered 180-220k after college and all left within a year cause they couldn't take it any more

• So Sad
I mean i spent most of my high school and college trying to get the best job i could so i can't really relate, we did have a friend transfer to carnegie mellon which is like tied for #1 comp sci imo, bro was depressed 24/7. Same with all my amazon friends, were offered 180-220k after college and all left within a year cause they couldn't take it any more
Ngl killing yourself from 18-22 to make 200k a year sounds amazing

• +1
Reactions: gooner23
Ngl killing yourself from 18-22 to make 200k a year sounds amazing
it aitn really working the hours, its more the culture, just full of back stabbing and knowing your gonna get fired by PIP can get pretty bad. Like i'd rather stack 3 100k jobs and work like 40 hours a week then work at most faang. Microsoft kinda pays like shit compared to the rest of faang.

Ivy league is for high class chads from wealthy backgrounds to connect.

• +1