why is invisalign suggested over traditional braces

T

topgrey

Iron
title? im often told invisalign has no side effects but i dont understand why that is the case

I think it's more expensive so it makes sense they would suggest you a more expensive product

• +1
Reactions: MA_ascender
I think it's more expensive so it makes sense they would suggest you a more expensive product
invisalign requires a specific candidate, a lot of people dont even qualify - granted that u go to a good ortho

its better because its more comfortable than a bunch of metal in ur mouth, u can take it out to eat, less painful than braces, less visible, easy flossing

but there are certainly not 0 sides, there are several risks

some of the more serious being
- losing teeth if an aggressive tray advancement approach is utilized = ur teeth forced out of their roots (very rare but have read horror stories)
- teeth cracking (mine did in the beginning as bite slightly fucked up while straightening and then chewing too hard accidentally but now my bite is perfect just focusing on straightening now)
- not working for retards who dont have the discipline to keep them in 22-24 hours a day (over for snackers, lifefuel for OMAD fasters)

• +1
Reactions: topgrey
Probably because they're invisible, you can take them out if you have to. Just overall easier to go thru invisalign than metal braces unless you're an autist and lose your invisalign or can't get yourself to wear them for most of the day