Why Is It That Society Is Obsessed With Preventing Suicide?

Lumbersexual

Lumbersexual

Platinum
Honestly, I've been feeling that being dead is far superior to being alive. I used to be scared of death. I used to have hypochondria and always think I was dying and always be terrified. Now I feel like death can't come soon enough. I wish to go to sleep one night and not wake up. As a society we have built up this idea that everyone needs saving; is worth saving; that suicide is bad. What if it's not? What if it's a solution to the suffering that most people deal with every goddamn day? When someone's pain of living is too great for them to bear, who are we to tell them they must continue on? I'm not saying this stuff to be edgy, I'm too old to play that nonsense.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: SplinterCel, rockndogs, ChoSeungHui and 4 others
they need their taxpayers

• +1
Reactions: AspiringChad, Looksmaxer-van-NL, SplinterCel and 14 others
The dead aren’t of any use to society

• +1
Reactions: Looksmaxer-van-NL, SplinterCel, rockndogs and 4 others
They don't want to feel sad for you even for 5 minutes

I wish to go to sleep one night and not wake up
Fuckin legit. I wish the same generally. I am sure that being conscious enough I will be even more of that thoughts, but not in depressed way, but rather a rational one.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
Destruction of government property isn't permitted

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Zeta ascended, rockndogs, ChoSeungHui and 16 others
Waste of potential. General consensus is you have a moral obligation to be the best version of yourself, so you can benefit the collective as much as possible. Life's a struggle, everyone struggles, some struggle more than others. Ldaring and roping isn't doing your best to offset that. It's not even doing your fair share.

• +1
Reactions: SplinterCel, SayNoToRotting, Arkantos and 4 others
"the dead are of no use to society"

They can't be a burden either

Society doesn't want to lose its loyal drones. I don't plan on it any time soon, I still have much to lose.

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
General consensus is you have a moral obligation to be the best version of yourself, so you can benefit the collective as much as possible. Ldaring and roping isn't doing your best to offset that. It's not even doing your fair share.
Why? What is the point in continuing your suffering to try and "help out." Anything you do is forgotten once you're dead anyways.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
If it makes you feel any better no one actually gives a shit

• JFL
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Why? What is the point in continuing your suffering to try and "help out." Anything you do is forgotten once you're dead anyways.
It's irrelevant if it's forgotten, it matters at the time. If every individual were to try to "help out", you wouldn't have the suffering.

If it makes you feel any better no one actually gives a shit
Then why do we have all these suicide help lines and wings of hospitals for the suicidal? Job creation I guess.

Then why do we have all these suicide help lines and wings of hospitals for the suicidal? Job creation I guess.
Honestly some people attempt suicide and then say they regretted it immediately afterwards (like people who jumped from bridges but survived).

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
overlords need human stock to pay taxes , drive consumption , produce taxpayers and generally to do the groundwork

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
It is over.

• +1
Reactions: Insomniac
Honestly, I've been feeling that being dead is far superior to being alive. I used to be scared of death. I used to have hypochondria and always think I was dying and always be terrified. Now I feel like death can't come soon enough. I wish to go to sleep one night and not wake up. As a society we have built up this idea that everyone needs saving; is worth saving; that suicide is bad. What if it's not? What if it's a solution to the suffering that most people deal with every goddamn day? When someone's pain of living is too great for them to bear, who are we to tell them they must continue on? I'm not saying this stuff to be edgy, I'm too old to play that nonsense.
didn't read
time=precious
life=precious and one time
keep crying for me

• JFL
Reactions: dodt
Man, once you lose the will to live, it's Over. Preventing suicide won't help anybody. Society just wants to "feel good", they don't care about people's feelings or struggles, they only care about doing "something good" to look like they are great.

• +1
Reactions: Lumbersexual
I am reading a book about suicides by szasz. Guy is anti-psychiatry, so his opinion should be woke.

Also what @Ritalincel said, woke af.

• +1
Reactions: AspiringChad, kobecel and Insomniac
That's pretty sad... Maybe you need to try another direction....
The whole help against suicide thing.... Could never find it myself when i was in that hole... When you really need it there's never any help it seems

Waste of potential. General consensus is you have a moral obligation to be the best version of yourself, so you can benefit the collective as much as possible. Life's a struggle, everyone struggles, some struggle more than others. Ldaring and roping isn't doing your best to offset that. It's not even doing your fair share.
But do you owe society anything?

But do you owe society anything?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: dogtown, Zeta ascended and ChoSeungHui
????? ???'? ??? ??? ????

• +1
Reactions: ChoSeungHui, DeformAspergerCel and Insomniac
euthanasia should be legal tbh ngl. i would happily rob some whores to pay for that shit