Why is minoxidil on brows not working for me?

D

Deleted member 2729

facemaxx or death
I've been applying for 4 months now. No noticable improvement. What am I doing wrong? Waht are my options?

• So Sad
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Jigen and HarrierDuBois
Are your eyebrows sparse?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
I've been applying for 4 months now. No noticable improvement. What am I doing wrong? Waht are my options?
I’ve been waiting to help somone out with this, read this

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 2729
How often and how much do you apply? I am also doing it currently.

• +1
In short, your body doesn’t react to
Topical

• +1
Push 5mg oral

• +1
Btw, minoxidil may speed up aging since it's a nitric oxide agonist and a prostaglandin stimulator.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371, Deleted member 22126, Deleted member 18361 and 1 other person
Take it orally.

• +1
Are your eyebrows sparse?
No they are pretty good but I am looking to improve them even further. Especially the inner part is not as dense as I'd like it to be. It's density is so low that you can only see it irl
In short, your body doesn’t react to
Topical
Brutal shit man..I am kinda scared oral minox would fuck up my heart and I also only want growth in specific regions..
But the link does not explain why I wouldnt react to oral minox? Like why is that?
How often and how much do you apply? I am also doing it currently.
1-2 times daily and alot
Push 5mg oral
Take it orally.
scared my heart will explode
Btw, minoxidil may speed up aging since it's a nitric oxide agonist and a prostaglandin stimulator.
Who cares tbh

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Danish_Retard, Yerico7 and 2 others
  • +1
%? once or twice application per day? could be something here or your just a non responder to the topical

• +1
this entails the speed-up of skin aging - something this forum is actively trying to prevent.
I am on tret and sunscreen and will soon get fraxel laser so this is of little concern to me
%? once or twice application per day? could be something here or your just a non responder to the topical
5% foam 1-2 times daily for some months now

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and twilight
Brutal shit man..I am kinda scared oral minox would fuck up my heart and I also only want growth in specific regions..
But the link does not explain why I wouldnt react to oral minox? Like why is that?
“It's active metabolite, minoxidil sulfate, is what stimulates growth. This is important, because the conversion of minoxidil into minoxidil sulfate is facilitated by sulfotransferase enzymes. When applied topically, you rely on scalp enzymes to make this conversion. But, if you do not have enough sulfotransferase enzymes on your scalp, you will not respond to treatment. However, when taken orally, you utilize your liver's sulfotransferase enzymes, which most people have an abundance of.”

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, ascension! and twilight
No they are pretty good but I am looking to improve them even further. Especially the inner part is not as dense as I'd like it to be. It's density is so low that you can only see it irl

1-2 times daily and alot

Who cares tbh
I don’t like recommending things that may have bad effects, but oral might be the only way for you. If you decide to do so, I suggest you start with a very low dose. I think I may take it, start with a very low dose, then work my way up and eventually stop using it, after YEARS of lowering the dose. Ik austin denimum vlogs talked about how he did it, (with topical) for his beard

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 2729
“It's active metabolite, minoxidil sulfate, is what stimulates growth. This is important, because the conversion of minoxidil into minoxidil sulfate is facilitated by sulfotransferase enzymes. When applied topically, you rely on scalp enzymes to make this conversion. But, if you do not have enough sulfotransferase enzymes on your scalp, you will not respond to treatment. However, when taken orally, you utilize your liver's sulfotransferase enzymes, which most people have an abundance of.”
Brutal. I read that tret and stemoxidine helps activate that shit so I applied that together with minox yet obviously doesn’t seem to work. Any way I can fix that topically?
I don’t like recommending things that may have bad effects, but oral might be the only way for you. If you decide to do so, I suggest you start with a very low dose. I think I may take it, start with a very low dose, then work my way up and eventually stop using it, after YEARS of lowering the dose. Ik austin denimum vlogs talked about how he did it, (with topical) for his beard
my grandfather had 3 heart attacks so I’m kinda scared of that lmao

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: zharupodrugu and Danish_Retard
  • JFL

According to this study there were no heart conditions associated with taking oral min, only hypertrichosis (you kinda want that at least for eyebrows) and pedal edema (feet swelling, rare)

• +1
foam is shit. use the liquid
Why
throw in some derma poking to
What length? What device?
-wrong bone man;)
Stop making alts you deranged schizophrenic Anglo-Saxon
According to this study there were no heart conditions associated with taking oral min, only hypertrichosis (you kinda want that at least for eyebrows) and pedal edema (feet swelling, rare)

I will look into that

• JFL
Reactions: FemaleGazeMaxxer
What length? What device?
1.5mm , idk just a dermapoker, not a roller. cos a roller will just pull ur eyebrow hairs out

idk i forgot but liquid is just stronger, gets into ur skin more

you deranged germanic tribesman

• +1
1.5mm , idk just a dermapoker, not a roller. cos a roller will just pull ur eyebrow hairs out

idk i forgot but liquid is just stronger, gets into ur skin more

you deranged germanic tribesman
Is it even safe to dermastamp my inner brows

Brutal. I read that tret and stemoxidine helps activate that shit so I applied that together with minox yet obviously doesn’t seem to work. Any way I can fix that topically?

I'd advise you to let your heart be examined by a doctor, or even multiple to minimise the probability of walking into a risk blindly

Was your grandfather in obese? Do heart attacks run in the family? Was your grandfather participating in other activities like smoking a lot? If it’s a common thing that runs in the family I’d suggest, either #1 staying with topical for longer or #2 use a new hair growth stack to try and grow them. (I know 2 alternative solutions)

• +1
Was your grandfather in obese? Do heart attacks run in the family? Was your grandfather participating in other activities like smoking a lot? If it’s a common thing that runs in the family I’d suggest, either #1 staying with topical for longer or #2 use a new hair growth stack to try and grow them. (I know 2 alternative solutions)
Also, your using a derma roller aswell right?

• +1
Did you have improvements on eyebrows personally from oral?
you will grow hair everywhere

i also had this disgusting inflamed feeling everyday while on it

prolly the increased estrogen

• Woah
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Did you have improvements on eyebrows personally from oral?
I haven’t taken oral, although Ik people who have had improvement on their eyebrows from talking oral

• Hmm...
you will grow hair everywhere

i also had this disgusting inflamed feeling everyday while on it

prolly the increased estrogen
Got before and after pics in pms? I am curious.

I haven’t taken oral, although Ik people who have had improvement on their eyebrows from talking oral
Any users on here I could ask for more information?

• +1
Not that I know personally, what questions do you have, I might be able to help you out
Which is better for eyebrow density: Oral or topical?
How often and how much to apply?
How long until you see results?
Are the results permanent or do you need to take it for life?

Which is better for eyebrow density: Oral or topical?
If your body reacts to both the same, it doesnt matter, id suggest topical starting off. One big thing that can help speed up the process is IS USING A DERMA ROLLER (cheat code)

How often and how much to apply?
Every day, for dosing youll have to find a thread for specifics. Although id suggest starting low and working your way up.
How long until you see results?
Depends on doses and the person but with topical if your body actually reacts to it 1-3 months, oral ive heard 2 weeks - 2 months.
Are the results permanent or do you need to take it for life?
You have to take it for life, although with topical ik a couple people who took it for 3-5 years and slowly lowered the dose, and now its permanent. But be prepared to take it for life

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Yerico7 and HarrierDuBois
If your body reacts to both the same, it doesnt matter, id suggest topical starting off. One big thing that can help speed up the process is IS USING A DERMA ROLLER (cheat code)
So you really recommend a derma roller? Got a specific brand?

You have to take it for life, although with topical ik a couple people who took it for 3-5 years and slowly lowered the dose, and now its permanent. But be prepared to take it for life
I read after 1-2 years after many shedding phases they become terminal.

• +1
Reactions: Sondern
Some people are just non-responders

I’m thinking about trying oral minoxidil for eyebrows. Anyone who’s taken or are currently taking it. What are the side effects?

Yea he was obese and atleast until the first heart attack smoked a lot. Maybe I just check with a cardiologist before and then hop on? Which alternatives do you know of?
Also, your using a derma roller aswell right?
no

So you really recommend a derma roller? Got a specific brand?
I use this one, but with this one you need to buy once a month or once every two months because they get dull. Also ive bought it before and it was dull. Amazon product ASIN B09XRG2TZV
I read after 1-2 years after many shedding phases they become terminal.
Ive seen cases where it never becomes terminal and cases where 2-5 years it becomes terminal. Although id bank on it becoming terminal after a couple years (especially if your using topical)

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Yerico7 and HarrierDuBois
Yea he was obese and atleast until the first heart attack smoked a lot. Maybe I just check with a cardiologist before and then hop on?
100%, if you can consult with a cardiologist do that. BUT DONT GET PERSRIBED MINIXODIL! (buy your own)

Which alternatives do you know of?
This has worked for my hair, haven't tried it on my eyebrows but, derma roller, rice water spray, redensyl, peppermint oil (or rosemary oil)

• +1
I use this one, but with this one you need to buy once a month or once every two months because they get dull. Also ive bought it before and it was dull. Amazon product ASIN B09XRG2TZV
Ive seen cases where it never becomes terminal and cases where 2-5 years it becomes terminal. Although id bank on it becoming terminal after a couple years (especially if your using topical)
So you personally have gained from it?

Can't grow if there is no hair potential there. Transplant only solution

• Hmm...
You can try mircoblading. I haven’t done it perosnally , but I’ve seen many pics of much improved eyebrows on men . It’s not very expensive either

• +1
100%, if you can consult with a cardiologist do that. BUT DONT GET PERSRIBED MINIXODIL! (buy your own)
Why
This has worked for my hair, haven't tried it on my eyebrows but, derma roller, rice water spray, redensyl, peppermint oil (or rosemary oil)
I will try that. Why rice water spray?
You can try mircoblading. I haven’t done it perosnally , but I’ve seen many pics of much improved eyebrows on men . It’s not very expensive either
Can you link me how to do that? Like an example?
Can't grow if there is no hair potential there. Transplant only solution
I can literally see hair there tho

A lot of people are telling you to take oral. That would work but can cause some serious cardiac side effects. Not going to go into detail cause I don't want to sound for or against it. You should look into the side effect profile of oral minoxidil and decide for yourself.

You should try adding tretinoin to your eyebrows. Some people lack the enzyme to convert topical minoxidil into the active form. Tretinoin has been shown to unregulated the enzyme in non responders.

Just something for you to consider before going to oral minoxidil if that's the route you go down.

Edit: nvm just saw your older responses. Consider oral minoxidil or topical latanoprost.

Last edited:
  • +1