Why is my hair so damn dry?

Deleted member 7776

Deleted member 7776

6'5 BWC Mogger of Niggers
Every day I use a shampoo and a conditioner, let the shampoo sit on my scalp for 5 min, wash it off, then apply the conditioner, 5 min later wash it off too.
My hair is very dry and when I try to comb it before styling it, there are "knots of hair" so I always end up pulling out 2-3 hair strands unintentionally / knot

Why on earth is my hair so damn dry? What do I do to make it more "comb-able"?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: karbo, Deleted member 8486 and xdxdxnice1
don't use shampoo every day

• +1
Reactions: Torero and Deleted member 8486
JFL you literally are doing everything possible to make your hair dry. do not wash it everyday. common response = but my hair gets greasy!! that’s because it’s used to being washed everyday.

what is your curl pattern and how long is your hair?

JFL you literally are doing everything possible to make your hair dry. do not wash it everyday. common response = but my hair gets greasy!! that’s because it’s used to being washed everyday.

what is your curl pattern and how long is your hair?
It's naturally wavy but I've had it chemically straightened and plan to do so every month or 2, as long as the keratin hair straightener works. I love having straight hair, I hate curls

I would avoid using a shampoo every day but then the question is, how else could I wash the hair products (that I use every day) out of my hair?

It's naturally wavy but I've had it chemically straightened and plan to do so every month or 2, as long as the keratin hair straightener works. I love having straight hair, I hate curls

I would avoid using a shampoo every day but then the question is, how else could I wash the hair products (that I use every day) out of my hair?
use water soluble hair products. what products are you using?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8486
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020
Clay bro, sometimes matt-paste but usually clay
those are pretty heavy products tbh, you probably won’t be able to find a good one what you can wash out with water. try washing it with just conditioner and see how it turns out. if it works well conditioner wash it 2-3 times before washing with shampoo again

• +1
have you tried shampooing and then conditioning every other day instead of daily? on the day you don’t use it just use water. maybe even move to 3x a week or 2x a week

if you currently have straight hair you definitely don’t need daily shampooing

have you tried shampooing and then conditioning every other day instead of daily? on the day you don’t use it just use water. maybe even move to 3x a week or 2x a week

if you currently have straight hair you definitely don’t need daily shampooing
I would agree but I use hair products every day and I can't wash the hair products out of my hair without a shampoo
those are pretty heavy products tbh, you probably won’t be able to find a good one what you can wash out with water. try washing it with just conditioner and see how it turns out. if it works well conditioner wash it 2-3 times before washing with shampoo again

I would agree but I use hair products every day and I can't wash the hair products out of my hair without a shampoo
can you not just try brush some of the excess product out gently. sleep and then next day spray water to reactivate the product? might make you last longer between washes

if you’re not using oil based products it should be able to wash out? unless it’s oil based pomade i think it’s okay to do every other day. try it out and you’ll see reduced dryness. if you do see residue use a water based pomade for styling and that will come completely out with just water

if you’re not using oil based products it should be able to wash out? unless it’s oil based pomade i think it’s okay to do every other day. try it out and you’ll see reduced dryness. if you do see residue use a water based pomade for styling and that will come completely out with just water
The issues are:

1) I use clay and I'm 100% sure every clay is oil-based (basically not water-based)

2) Conditioner alone doesn't wash it out of my hair, tried it, failed

3) I do have water-based pomade on hand but its hold is so damn weak jfl It's absolutely useless

I don't think there's any water-based clay on the market

• +1
can you not just try brush some of the excess product out gently. sleep and then next day spray water to reactivate the product? might make you last longer between washes
Tried it, I ended up pulling out hair strands

Tried it, I ended up pulling out hair strands
only thing you could try if you are sticking to the clay hair product is adding a bit of oil to you hair. you could try adding some argan oil to your hair, you could do it directly or mix it with your product. for some people this makes their hair too greasy, you could try use it as a pre wash treatment, put it in your hair for an hour or so before washing so it is not as dry after it has been washed

• +1