why is one of my side profiles mogger and perfect and other more recessed. the recessed side also has a smaller palate.

eyecon

eyecon

Iron
one side of my face mogs perfect ratios and forward growth. Others are less forwardly grown and a lot worse. my worse side palate is also smaller and my tongue struggles to get in there. is this why? how do I fix this? or another reason?

• +1
Reactions: nullandvoid
Could be a tilted sphenoid, try sleeping on your back without a pillow if you don't already.

• +1
Reactions: eyecon
one side of my face mogs perfect ratios and forward growth. Others are less forwardly grown and a lot worse. my worse side palate is also smaller and my tongue struggles to get in there. is this why? how do I fix this? or another reason?
How old

Could be a tilted sphenoid, try sleeping on your back without a pillow if you don't already.
does sleeping on your back fix that? I've tried sleeping on my back I literally just don't fall asleep and lie awake any tips. does s keeping on back actually do anything

Do you have crooked teeth?
no aligned teeth no braces ever but one dental arch isn't as wide spread as other and there is one lower canine out of line but never needed to align it just cosmetic according to dentists but idk it is out of line a lot maybe affecting the less widespread dental arch other side because it is on that specific side

Sleeping on back without pillow helped for me you might be dealing with asymmetry from face sleeping for so long

• +1
does sleeping on your back fix that? I've tried sleeping on my back I literally just don't fall asleep and lie awake any tips. does s keeping on back actually do anything
I had a tilted sphenoid up until i was 15 because I slept on my side ever since I was 10 or 11 thereby putting pressure on my face which is going to, over years, tilt your sphenoid which will recess whichever side of the face you sleep on. But a few months of sleeping on my back fixed most of the damage caused by sleeping on my side, if you're in your teen years, you should immediately begin sleeping on your back from now on as your childhood and teen years are when you're bones are the most malleable.

Also for sleeping on you're back without a pillow, surround yourself with as many pillows as you can at night so you don't move around and try to physically exhaust yourself throughout the day so as to make yourself more sleepy, and make sure you stop using any devices around an hour to an hour and a half before sleeping.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: eyecon and fxckz
Sleeping on back without pillow helped for me you might be dealing with asymmetry from face sleeping for so long
wdym without pillow how does thatt help? like literally just the bed you mean no pillow anywhere on ur back. can fall asleep like that i literally never fall asleep, any tips?

I had a tilted sphenoid up until i was 15 because I slept on my side ever since I was 10 or 11 thereby putting pressure on my face which is going to, over years, tilt your sphenoid which will recess whichever side of the face you sleep on. But a few months of sleeping on my back fixed most of the damage caused by sleeping on my side, if you're in your teen years, you should immediately begin sleeping on your back from now on as your childhood and teen years are when you're bones are the most malleable.
damn the recessed side is the side i slept on every night for like 18 years iim 20 now is it too late bro? any tips for falling asleep on back? should i sleep on other side first to fix?

• +1
wdym without pillow how does thatt help? like literally just the bed you mean no pillow anywhere on ur back. can fall asleep like that i literally never fall asleep, any tips?
More natural pillows are bad for posture and other stuff

damn the recessed side is the side i slept on every night for like 18 years iim 20 now is it too late bro? any tips for falling asleep on back? should i sleep on other side first to fix?
I edited the post for tips on how to fall asleep, it really bothered me at first and greatly reduced my sleep quality until I got used to it but you'll get used to it after like 2 weeks, you HAVE to be consistent with it though.

• +1
no aligned teeth no braces ever but one dental arch isn't as wide spread as other and there is one lower canine out of line but never needed to align it just cosmetic according to dentists but idk it is out of line a lot maybe affecting the less widespread dental arch other side because it is on that specific side
1 teeth mistake can make your face asymmetrical
I almost have a perfect teeth but my right side has one teeth that doesnt connect with one teeth up

does it have to be mse, cant i just buy a cheap palate expander off amazon but will expand both sides and i only need recessed side expanding?
Nonono dont do that shit you can fuck your face up so badly by doing that not to mention your jaws am uneven asf

• +1
It’s to align the spine in the most natural way, there’s many threads on here that go in depth bust basically it’s the most natural way for humans.

It may take some time to get used to for me i can fall asleep fine I put 2 pillows under my legs to alleviate lower back pain but sometimes I’ll wake up with a pillow under my head but I can’t control that since I’ve been a pillow sleeper for years.

You can use a very thin pillow just as long as you are back sleeping

• +1
I almost have a perfect teeth but my right side has one teeth that doesnt connect with one teeth up
Yea uneven force exerted on the maxilla when chewing, maxilla gets titled, face gets asymmetric

• +1
oh shit so i need braces even for just one tooth? i thought braces made u more recessed? ill pm u my bite pls?
Im not a fan of braces ecpescially in puberty, they also damage the teeth roots but im not expert

• +1

Also for sleeping on you're back without a pillow, surround yourself with as many pillows as you can at night so you don't move around and try to physically exhaust yourself throughout the day so as to make yourself more sleepy, and make sure you stop using any devices around an hour to an hour and a half before sleeping.
amazing thank you i will try it at 20 my bones are still malleable i think tho cos i have had loads of changes in my face in recent months. What age did u start back sleeping? And is it easy to sleep on back now?

• +1
amazing thank you i will try it at 20 my bones are still malleable i think tho cos i have had loads of changes in my face in recent months. What age did u start back sleeping? And is it easy to sleep on back now?
Around a month or two after I turned 15, luckily I was on PSL back then so I was aware of my face and how important it was to take advantage of my bone malleability. I turn 21 soon but bones are constantly changing even if they aren't as malleable as a teenagers' or an adults'.

• +1
so u think i need to fix the one misaligned tooth or not, and what with if u don't think braces is good?
Not sure what the reason is but they might fuck your jaw development during puberty sometimes youre 20 tho so idk fixing the misalignment might not even do much

how can i fix the issue i have the exact same as you. You think fixing the tooth alignment can fix facial asymmetry?

Around a month or two after I turned 15, luckily I was on PSL back then so I was aware of my face and how important it was to take advantage of my bone malleability. I turn 21 soon but bones are constantly changing even if they aren't as malleable as a teenagers' or an adults'.
ill stick with back sleeping this time i been trying for a year but always give up. i guess if i never give up it will get to a point I'm too tired and just fall asleep. I have one tooth out of line on more recessed right side with smaller palate should i get invisalingn or braces for it?

• +1
ill stick with back sleeping this time i been trying for a year but always give up. i guess if i never give up it will get to a point I'm too tired and just fall asleep. I have one tooth out of line on more recessed right side with smaller palate should i get invisalingn or braces for it?
Invisalign 100%.

• +1
or should i just leave it i thought messing with it decreases size of palate bro, and why do think invisalign 100%?
I'd say sleep on your back first for a few months to see if there are any changes even if they aren't major and then consult your orthodontist about invisalign as I don't know the specifics of your oral cavity but if it really came down to invisalign vs braces, I'd pick invisalign any day.

• +1
how can i fix the issue i have the exact same as you. You think fixing the tooth alignment can fix facial asymmetry?
Idk honestly
Maybe braces
My soy dentist said i dont need braces for that JFL
They gatekeeping fr

I'd say sleep on your back first for a few months to see if there are any changes even if they aren't major and then consult your orthodontist about invisalign as I don't know the specifics of your oral cavity but if it really came down to invisalign vs braces, I'd pick invisalign any day.
btw i also have tmj on the recessed side which i also used to sleep on and which has the misaligned tooth. Could TMJ be part of this and if so in what way any ideas?