Why is there no philtrum shortening surgery?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
Not accounting to lip lift which looks gay on men.

Why can't the bone just be cut and removed? What would happen?

Very hard. Remember there are nerves there. I’d say it’s extremely risky best case.

• +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer and Lonenely sigma
That would be a higher risk surgery like Lefort

In 1st world they only perform that on ppl who are deformed or suffer accidents

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
Very hard. Remember there are nerves there. I’d say it’s extremely risky best case.
That would be a higher risk surgery like Lefort

In 1st world they only perform that on ppl who are deformed or suffer accidents
Yeah but isn't that weird? Imo a bad philtrum can ruin your SMV as much as a bad IPD.

There is now a cosmetic OBO yet there is no procedure for a bad philtrum. Surely working on eyes takes more effort and risk?

Yeah but isn't that weird? Imo a bad philtrum can ruin your SMV as much as a bad IPD.

There is now a cosmetic OBO yet there is no procedure for a bad philtrum. Surely working on eyes takes more effort and risk?
Correct. I thought the surgery you described existed. Surgeries like Orbital movement (vertical mostly) surgery exists but it is EXTREMELY risky. As in, even the best surgeons will have difficulty.

• +1
Just get a bullhorn lip lift with a good surgeon and if it goes wrong, get a revision. Go to Germany for that.
Getting OBO if your only flaw is a long philtrum is retarded. What 99% of this forum gets wrong is that a lip lift will always look gay, if you fix your recession and then cut up your soft tissue, it will look good.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 38639 and WanderingBurro
Just get a bullhorn lip lift with a good surgeon and if it goes wrong, get a revision. Go to Germany for that.
Getting OBO if your only flaw is a long philtrum is retarded. What 99% of this forum gets wrong is that a lip lift will always look gay, if you fix your recession and then cut up your soft tissue, it will look good.
Lmao what the fuck does OBO have to do with a philtrum?

I just said its weird something like OBO exists in the first place while there is nothing for philtrum because bad IPD is not any worse than a bad philtrum.

If you have a thin upper lip then a lip lift isn't really going to look bad or uncanny. Lip filler runs a higher risk of looking uncanny though there are some alright results out there when done subtly (they are albeit a temporary solution).

Raffaini can do it, not sure how.

This result was done in conjunction with bimax. He explicitly stated that it was a soft-tissue modification, though there is uncertainty in if it is only in complement to the skeletal movement or it can be done on its own:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 38639
Not accounting to lip lift which looks gay on men.

Why can't the bone just be cut and removed? What would happen?
That exists lol, it's called a maxilla impaction, but its for people with gummy smiles

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52433
Lip lift

Columella lowering

Thas it

It's probably not the long philtrum tho. Just a short jaw
Agreed.

My chin to philtrum ratio would be perfect if I had a 9mm taller chin. Is this achievable through a combination of vertical genio + vertical chin implant?

I will do bimax but I doubt the CCW rotation would increase the height of the lower jaw. What are my options?

I just said its weird something like OBO exists in the first place while there is nothing for philtrum because bad IPD is not any worse than a bad philtrum.

I'm retarded and can't read. Thanks for the explanation jfl

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 38639 and Lonenely sigma
You can‘t just cut the bone because you lift your teeth upwards and end up having no teeth show.
Besides that - nerves.

• +1
You can‘t just cut the bone because you lift your teeth upwards and end up having no teeth show.
Besides that - nerves.
What's this procedure called? I thankfully seem to have a very slight gummy smile and maybe I can use that for my philtrum.

What's this procedure called? I thankfully seem to have a very slight gummy smile and maybe I can use that for my philtrum.
Anterior maxillary impaction

• +1
Reactions: LaVérité
Just look up "lip lift" and see the results. It works fine. The thing about upper lip becoming bigger - the difference is so small that it's irrelevant.
However, it seems many of the patients are unable to keep their mouth closed afterwards.

• +1