Why is there no procedure to reduce the nasal bridge length?

D

Deluded Normie

I know that if you have an overprojected and downturned nose tip you can deproject and rotate it to make your nose look shorter from the front.

Diagram Simons tip analysis from ear

But what about the nasal bridge?

As far as i know, there is no procedure to reduce it, but what's the reason for it?

You want to shorten the nasal bones and the frontal process of maxilla:
Gray852.png

The nasal bones are two small oblong bones, varying in size and form in different individuals; they are placed side by side at the middle and upper part of the face and by their junction, form the bridge of the upper one third of the nose.

The frontal process of maxilla is a strong plate, which projects upward, medialward, and backward from the maxilla, forming part of the lateral boundary of the nose.

If you were to shorten your nose bridge you would need the bring the nasal cartilages and the anterior nasal spine upwards to keep your nasolabial angle the same.

Rhinoplasty 2 certified fixed orthodontic courses by indian dental academy 21 638

Now i guess that the amount of length you could shorten the nose would be limited by the nasal cavities:
Illu_nose_nasal_cavities.jpg

Also i am pretty sure you can shorten the nasal septum, i have seen surgeons on Realself say that you can.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 3202, Deleted member 6401 and 2 others
Ok Pen****

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 6129
Someone send this thread to the Lookism user Surgerymax, i want to know what he thinks.

• +1
bruh, you can’t just cut out a piece of soft tissue out of your nose and have it shortened. To shorten your midface you would have to cut out a WHOLE piece out of your maxilla including the soft tissue and I don’t think that there’s a surgery ATM that does that. IMO the only way to reduce nasal length is probably trough gaining CCW rotation and moving your maxilla forward and upward with the use of a facepuller. That facepuller thing might be a huge cope tho I will post once I build one :feelshaha:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 685 and 3 others
To shorten your midface you would have to cut out a WHOLE piece out of your maxilla including the soft tissue and I don’t think that there’s a surgery ATM that does that.
Yeah thats true, you would need to shorten the frontal process of maxilla too, i forgot to say that in the OP.

bruh, you can’t just cut out a piece of soft tissue out of your nose and have it shortened.
Why?

• +1
bc you can't reduce your midface lenght beside frauding it.

• +1
  • +1
Useless reply.
shit thread regardeless since you don't seem to know your midface ratio can't be reduced,unless you have a droppy tip or a long philtrum.

• +1
shitpost
Damn i kinda dn rd

• +1
shit thread regardeless since you don't seem to know your midface ratio can't be reduced,unless you have a droppy tip or a long philtrum.
I am trying to figure out why it is not possible to shorten the nasal bridge you fucking retard, because i dont see any reason for it to not be possible.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 6129
I am trying to figure out why it is not possible to shorten the nasal bridge you fucking retard, because i dont see any reason for it to not be possible.
chad,do you know you can't just cut the soft tissue without deleting your face and dying?

• +1
Last edited:
  • +1
bruh, you can’t just cut out a piece of soft tissue out of your nose and have it shortened. To shorten your midface you would have to cut out a WHOLE piece out of your maxilla including the soft tissue and I don’t think that there’s a surgery ATM that does that. IMO the only way to reduce nasal length is probably trough gaining CCW rotation and moving your maxilla forward and upward with the use of a facepuller. That facepuller thing might be a huge cope tho I will post once I build one :feelshaha:

unknown-png.78176

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 6129 and 2 others
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227, Greeicy and 1 other person
I am 100% getting whatever fucking osteotomy this is. Can anyone confirm that this is legit? I desperatly need a shorter midface even if just by 4mms so this is a dream come true for me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227 and curryslayerordeath
I am 100% getting whatever fucking osteotomy this is. Can anyone confirm that this is legit? I desperatly need a shorter midface even if just by 4mms so this is a dream come true for me.
only works if you have long philtrum i think

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Greeicy
yep, described like removing a segment of bone which is impaction
It doesn't sound like the traditional lefort 1 impaction, he said its a "new exotic osteotomy".
Regardless someone should ask him for clarification.
@Gudru

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 685 and curryslayerordeath