Why is there sadness and pain?

Vermilioncore

Vermilioncore

I know what frailty is, I know what the fear is
Why do such things exist?

The scary thing is — they’re not even real. You can’t touch pain. You can’t see sadness. It takes up no space, yet it’s what drives us insane and makes us end it

• +1
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆. and XazaqazaX
No happiness or well being without sadness

The scary thing is — they’re not even real. You can’t touch pain. You can’t see sadness. It takes up no space, yet it’s what drives us insane and makes us end it

and pain

• +1
Reactions: Vermilioncore
No happiness or well being without sadness

and pain

True

You need darkness for there to be such a thing as light

Do you like any philosophy? Like Stoicism or they're copers

Do you like any philosophy? Like Stoicism or they're copers
I like to read about their views, sure, but I think existence is too complicated there will never be a sect of philosophy that one can embrace and it will bring them peace.
I guess absurdism is the closest because it’s kinda embracing that you know you can’t do shit about anything and don’t know shit about anything and you learn to live with it

• +1
Reactions: primqwe
I like to read about their views, sure, but I think existence is too complicated there will never be a sect of philosophy that one can embrace and it will bring them peace.
I guess absurdism is the closest because it’s kinda embracing that you know you can’t do shit about anything and don’t know shit about anything and you learn to live with it
interesting view

• +1
have you read the Gospels?

• +1
there will never be a sect of philosophy that one can embrace and it will bring them peace.
"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
- Philippians 4:11-13

You can do all things through Christ. If you have genuine faith you will find peace.

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
- Matthew 5:14-16

Christ tells us here that we all have duty and purpose. We aren't accidents, we have purpose and responsibility.

• Love it

People think they know pain, when in reality they have no concept of it

People think they know pain, when in reality they have no concept of it
They do.

Pain is universal. And just like the temperature of the earth, it varies in intensity from place to place, person to person — yet it is pain, nonetheless.