WHY isn't height as big a factor for men selecting women?

Z

zetsui

Iron
I am trying to understand the why of this? Basically most data is ambiguous at best on men's height preferences in a mate....when i asked my brother a physician he said its because men are seeking to plant their seed as many places as they can...whereas women pay a higher evolutionary cost for having a baby with the wrong spouse. but wouldnt taller babies, especially male babies, guarentee your genes get passed along?

• +1
Reactions: sozz
coz females seek out taller males as it is a dominant and dimorphic attribute and men seek out shorter women for the inverse reason.
or not necessarily shorter women but women with potential for more reproductive success like a better hormonal profile which might present itself in stature that isn't necessarily tall

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LilRicecel and st.hamudi but 6‘5
coz females seek out taller males as it is a dominant and dimorphic attribute and men seek out shorter women for the inverse reason.
or not necessarily shorter women but women with potential for more reproductive success like a better hormonal profile which might present itself in stature that isn't necessarily tall
No. Nobody is thinking that deeply about it. People have height preferences because it looks good.

• +1
Reactions: Maalik
No. Nobody is thinking that deeply about it. People have height preferences because it looks good.
exactly,
our attraction is based o looks, all this talk about muh evolutionary success rate is just the background noise which determined what kind of Looks we like.

No shit nobody is thinking that consciously dumbass. people perceive what "looks good" as looking good because of the attribute's links to evolutionary success.
exactly,
our attraction is based o looks, all this talk about muh evolutionary success rate is just the background noise which determined what kind of Looks we like.
thats exactly what im talking abt

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
i disagree

i think itz men juzt wanting to impregante az much femalez az pozzible to preserve the speciez,
thuz not being that selective.
while az whorez need to filter the bezt genez to preserve the speciezz...

• +1
Reactions: sozz
i disagree

i think itz men juzt wanting to impregante az much femalez az pozzible to preserve the speciez,
thuz not being that selective.
while az whorez need to filter the bezt genez to preserve the speciezz...
i agree with what ur saying coz that’s nature lol. women can’t reproduce with more than 1 man at once thus they seek out the best genetics and are more selective for potential partners whereas men can reproduce with many women at once which is why they are less selective but these concepts aren’t mutually exclusive

I am trying to understand the why of this? Basically most data is ambiguous at best on men's height preferences in a mate....when i asked my brother a physician he said its because men are seeking to plant their seed as many places as they can...whereas women pay a higher evolutionary cost for having a baby with the wrong spouse. but wouldnt taller babies, especially male babies, guarentee your genes get passed along?
Women are supposed to be small.
Men are supposed to be big.

Big women are a turnoff.
Small men are a turnoff.