Why so many songs about women missing men in the 1980s and 1990s?

Thief Dave

Thief Dave

Iron
My 45 year old 4/10 post wall neighbour was playing a Celine Dion song in her garden and it reminded me of the 90s and 80s music by these kinds of artists that was almost like a Mills & Boon novel where women singers would put out entire albums crying about lost love and how they will never love again after their first love left, they will never move on, etc. I mean there was tons of it all over the charts - Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Sinead O'Connor, Annie Lennox, Madonna, Gloria Estefan, the list goes on and on. There were very few songs where women talked about what an upgrade they made or how their ex had a bigger dick or was just a fuckboi, and so forth.

We know now we are blackpilled that women move on from any man promptly. Even Chad can get upgraded on and moved on from in a tap of a finger on her screen. Women aren't sitting there crying for an ex-husband from 5 years ago. They have forgotten him.

What was the reason they churned out so much of this "loyal heartbroken woman can never love again" fluffy romantic stuff in 80s and 90s?

• +1
Reactions: Demir
ALL FEMALE SINGERS
SING AND REMEMBER BIG COCK IN THEIR METAPHOR SONGS
EVERY SINGLE ONE
I HAVE YET TO SEE 1 CASE BEING DIFFERENT

I noticed that too