Why the long waiting times between microneedling sessions?

PURE ARYAN GENETICS

PURE ARYAN GENETICS

toucan
I see 2, even 4 weeks recommended here between microneedling sessions on scalp. Feels like I could do it every 5 days and be fine. Any particular reason for this? :feelswat:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and .🇹🇩.
I see 2, even 4 weeks recommended here between microneedling sessions on scalp. Feels like I could do it every 5 days and be fine. Any particular reason for this? :feelswat:
you should do it every third day on the scalp, or 2 times a week. most people here are noobs and lurkers, who don't give legit advice, always see one reputation in this forum before following their advice.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
as for the skin, you should do it once every 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, on the derminator 2 the manufacturer won't provide any advice on how often to use it.

How often should I use 1.5 mm dermastamp on scalp?

Depends on the mm you’re using. If you do it too often the skin will be in a constant state of inflammation and redness.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354, looksforlife, SubhumanCurrycel and 2 others
The point of dermarolling is to break fibrotic tissue in order to induce formation of new healthy tissue. Rolling too often can undermine scalp's ability to heal, causing further fibrosis. You wouldn't exercise an injured muscle either.

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, .👽. and 1 other person
Depends on the mm you’re using. If you do it too often the skin will be in a constant state of inflammation and redness.
The point of dermarolling is to break fibrotic tissue in order to induce formation of new healthy tissue. Rolling too often can undermine scalp's ability to heal, causing further fibrosis. You wouldn't exercise an injured muscle either.
so you recommend 2 weeks for 1.5mm (the standard depth) ?

Collagen takes like a month+ to rebuild enough. It depends how much you damage it though. I wait 4-6 weeks after a 1.5mm hard session, for hair and beard once a week or more 0,5-1,5mm.

Last edited:
I was going to do once every week 1.5mm on the hairline but it seems like I will do it once every 3 weeks or so

Lol there is no need to wait so long.
Do it every third day at 1.5mm. Use a numbing cream if you are doing it by yourself because that's when it's painful.
Also make sure you use a cream called Infadolan (it has vitamin d in it), it makes you heal 20 times faster.
If you don't have that, then make sure to use hyaluronic acid on your scalp 2 times a day, which makes your skin heals faster too.

I dont do it on my scalp anymore, as I am waiting to get an appointment with my derm. As my hair condition is different.

But anyone saying anything less than 2 times a week dont know what they are talking about.

If you are doing it once every 2 weeks or 3 weeks. You might even throw your derminator outside the window tbh.

The whole point of microneedling is injuring small little interpoints on the scalp, which causes blood flow to the area, which stimulates the skin hence more hair growth.
The larger the needle, the more injury caused, hence more growth factors
If you are doing it correctly, your skin will heal by itself in 3 days without even putting any cream.
With hyaluronic acid or infadolan, you are making it heal faster. So I don't know why you would waste any time.
Also don't go all out, make your sessions small and effective. You don't need to butcher your scalp. Just enough to make a serious impact.
Also anything more than 2 times a week is useless tbh.
All in all microneedling on scalp for hair growth is legit only if done twice a week. Else it's a cope.

• +1
Lol there is no need to wait so long.
Do it every third day at 1.5mm. Use a numbing cream if you are doing it by yourself because that's when it's painful.
Also make sure you use a cream called Infadolan (it has vitamin d in it), it makes you heal 20 times faster.
If you don't have that, then make sure to use hyaluronic acid on your scalp 2 times a day, which makes your skin heals faster too.

I dont do it on my scalp anymore, as I am waiting to get an appointment with my derm. As my hair condition is different.

But anyone saying anything less than 2 times a week dont know what they are talking about.

If you are doing it once every 2 weeks or 3 weeks. You might even throw your derminator outside the window tbh.

The whole point of microneedling is injuring small little interpoints on the scalp, which causes blood flow to the area, which stimulates the skin hence more hair growth.
The larger the needle, the more injury caused, hence more growth factors
If you are doing it correctly, your skin will heal by itself in 3 days without even putting any cream.
With hyaluronic acid or infadolan, you are making it heal faster. So I don't know why you would waste any time.
Also don't go all out, make your sessions small and effective. You don't need to butcher your scalp. Just enough to make a serious impact.
Also anything more than 2 times a week is useless tbh.
All in all microneedling on scalp for hair growth is legit only if done twice a week. Else it's a cope.
alright thx. any other creams you might recommend? can't get infadolan here. I do castor oil beforehand, hopefully that helps :hnghn:

alright thx. any other creams you might recommend? can't get infadolan here. I do castor oil beforehand, hopefully that helps :hnghn:
bro castor oil is cope, castor oil thickens existing hair, it doesn't grow new hair follicle. you are just thickening your hair even if you get complete absorption of castor oil. microneedling alone is good enough. you can use minoxidil after 24h. but you want your scalp to heal. lookout for healing creams. if expensive, just use vaseline or glycerin tbh. but hyaluronic acid would be better. just buy hyaluronic acid powder and make your own serum, it takes 1 minute and you can make liters of ha serum for very cheap.

• Love it
bro castor oil is cope, castor oil thickens existing hair, it doesn't grow new hair follicle. you are just thickening your hair even if you get complete absorption of castor oil. microneedling alone is good enough. you can use minoxidil after 24h. but you want your scalp to heal. lookout for healing creams. if expensive, just use vaseline or glycerin tbh. but hyaluronic acid would be better. just buy hyaluronic acid powder and make your own serum, it takes 1 minute and you can make liters of ha serum for very cheap.
you seem to know your stuff boyo megathread when? :sneaky:

• +1
Reactions: .🇹🇩.
Depends I tried 2 times a week but always on my second session it was still tender.
I wait a week in between now and it seems to be better

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
I use Infadolan on my face after derminator. Can I also use it on my scalp? It's oily like a bitch so I opted for hyaluronic acid for my scalp.

I saw a study where people got great results from minox everyday + derma 1,5mm ever week.