Why the PS4 does not have a great library

Deleted member 1973

Deleted member 1973

pastebin.com/Tb8AYcyk
Compared to the PS2, the cost of developing a game for HD consoles happened. In effect it eliminated the middle market, which consisted of titles like Wild ARMS, suikoden, any one of capcom's non street fighter or resident evil IPs, pretty much anything that isn't kingdom hearts or final fantasy from square internal development, etc.

• Games took less time to develop
  • The PS2 was basically the only first class platform in that generation (GCN was underpowered, the Xbox came late)
  • more companies were developing specifically for a "core" audience because games for a wider audience didn't do as well (For example, Level 5 (developers of Professor Layton games) made Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. They don't really make "core" games anymore.
  • The PS2 was one of the first consoles to start getting a lot more of Japanese made games with good translations and voicework (Persona 3/P4 are way way better than the americanized P1)
  • Games cost less to develop, but still sold at $50, making profit margins higher than they are now, and allowed companies to take more risks.
  • Sony did a fantastic job of publishing good games (Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Dark Cloud, etc would never have been made without Sony publishing.)

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans and infiniteorwhatever
> Games cost less to develop

you sure about it? i feel like the actual part to the development shrank over time and now all games looks the same

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
Games cost less to develop

you sure about it?
Ps2 has the shitiest graphic compared to the GameCube & XboX.

So it was easier to make games for it.(helps that it was the most popular one)

Ps2 has the shitiest graphic compared to the GameCube

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Hmm...
Big games like Doom 3, Morrow-ind, Star Wars Republic Commando, and Half Life 2, could only be found on the Xbox.

It would have no excuse to have poorer-looking graphics." The GameCube's graphics processor is 162 MHz compared with PS2's 147 MHz. While acknowledging that the GameCube is more powerful than the PS2, Matthew said he still prefers the PlayStation because of its games

The GameCube is the smallest console by far--and its snazzy purple casing makes it stand out. As Richard put it, "It's the baby."

However, it's just as powerful, graphically, as the Xbox. "It would be stupid if it wasn't," Anthony said, "because it came out at the same time.

i have Xbox one and most games suck so much, its because they are trying to appeal to normies nowadays

only games i like are batman arkham asylum, witcher 3 and some shooters

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Deleted member 1973
i have Xbox one and most games suck so much, its because they are trying to appeal to normies nowadays

You're missing out on naughty dog

• +1
Ok

• +1
Compared to the PS2, the cost of developing a game for HD consoles happened. In effect it eliminated the middle market, which consisted of titles like Wild ARMS, suikoden, any one of capcom's non street fighter or resident evil IPs, pretty much anything that isn't kingdom hearts or final fantasy from square internal development, etc.

• Games took less time to develop
  • The PS2 was basically the only first class platform in that generation (GCN was underpowered, the Xbox came late)
  • more companies were developing specifically for a "core" audience because games for a wider audience didn't do as well (For example, Level 5 (developers of Professor Layton games) made Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. They don't really make "core" games anymore.
  • The PS2 was one of the first consoles to start getting a lot more of Japanese made games with good translations and voicework (Persona 3/P4 are way way better than the americanized P1)
  • Games cost less to develop, but still sold at $50, making profit margins higher than they are now, and allowed companies to take more risks.
  • Sony did a fantastic job of publishing good games (Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Dark Cloud, etc would never have been made without Sony publishing.)

> Games cost less to develop

you sure about it? i feel like the actual part to the development shrank over time and now all games looks the same

You're missing out on naughty dog