Why Theanine should already be in your drawer

Kingse

Kingse

Iron
Improved relaxation, reduced anxiety, better attention, better sleep quality and many more.
What's your rating? Would you jump on that?

L-theanine is an amino acid mostly found in tea leaves. A cup of black tea contains approximately 24g of theanine, while green tea less than 8mg per cup.
You still don't want to go overboard on tea, because of high Fluoride content[1] and also because of EGCG, mostly found in green tea, which is a serious harm for your manliness[2, 3].

L-theanine increases brain serotonin and dopamine levels[4], you already know how valuable they are.
What makes L-theanine stand out is its ability to increase Alpha brainwaves[5, 6, 7].
Alpha brainwaves are the ones associated with wakeful relaxation, overall mental coordination, concentration, alertness and learning. They're the same we produce when we meditate.
Relaxing the mind without inducing drowsiness, making it sharper? That's nice.
Long term L-theanine administration increases the brain-derived neurotrophic factor levels[8]. BDNF helps to support the survival of existing neurons and it also encourages the growth and differentiation of new neurons and synapses. Low BDNF is found in people with depression: one of the many reasons why L-theanine seems to help so much with depression. Interestingly, this same effects is found with Cabergoline, which I hardly recommend to do some research about as soon as possible.

Anxiety is not good.
L-theanine lowers it [9, 10, 11, 12], even improving cognitive functions, verbal fluency and executive function. L-theanine also lowers Cortisol under pressure and is shown to significantly reduce subjective stress before hard tasks. We've got evidence of that even in students[13].
Sleep. Sleep is very important. L-theanine improved sleep in trials with boys with ADHD[14], people with major depressive disorder[15] and people with schizophrenia[16]. L-theanine is even recommended to decrease sleep latency and to increase sleep duration, due to its ability to increase GABA.
There is even evidence of L-theanine boosting the immune function and helping to fight inflammation.
Forgot to mention, there are no confirmed or direct side effects of taking L-theanine.

Summing it up, there are no reasons not to buy it right now.
It doesn't matter if it's to study for a hard exam, to make more money, to learn new important things for your journey, to meet new girls, to be sharper at work, to lessen anxiety and depression symptoms, to be in a better and healthier state of mind. Theanine helps.
From a personal viewpoint, I suggest you to start with a dosage of 200mg three times a day, one in the morning, one after lunch and one before bed. Feel free to try different amounts and timings. The only thing I can assure you is it's good, you'll feel it. It helps with so many aspects of your life, in a way that you didn't even think before.

We want to achieve the best state for our journey. Our boat needs to be in the best conditions, that's the first and foremost step.
More knowledge will come, stay ready to strive.

Keep conquering.

• +1
Reactions: shaugstir, Deleted member 1464, Patient A and 10 others
And your experience with it?

do you take it daily?

We need more productive threads. Good job.

Good thread

user warned for shitpost
F A C E

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10104 and Deleted member 2661
I use this all the time for work and sometimes school. It works well with phenibut for social situations.

no theanine for ur face

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2661
Green tea is a good source of this stuff

Green tea is a good source of this stuff
But it ain't
This is often taken in a 2:1 ratio with caffeine
This might be 200mg theanine and 100mg caffeine.

I have been using this for a year in my coffee and thus I don't notice the effects anymore, but I do notice when i get coffee without.

I use KSM-66 in my coffee aswell and this might reduce cortisol even more.

I've used theanine before bed for a short period where I did fall asleep easier but felt sleep quality worsen.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
@Dyorotic2 any more info?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
Already taken my dose today son

@Dyorotic2 any more info?
couldn't of summed it up better tbh, this is great.

personally from my experience, when I've taken L-theanine alone, I've felt abnormally calm, like to the point where it feels weird, extremely focused and whenever you find yourself in an anxious situation, you can feel the anxiety being inhibited from being released, hard to explain.

when I've taken it with coffee, you feel all the effects of coffee, but the focus is amplified and it will counteract any of the unwanted jitters or weird energy coffee produces.

just get some brother, can't recommend it enough, it's pisscheap.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205