Why you can't shorten middle third

D

Deleted member 5385

Truth seeker
Title
I have never fully understood what make this thing unfixable.

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430, hairyballscel and Deleted member 5385
Posts713

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
You can shorten nose and zygos height?!
Zygos has nothing to do with middle third height. Middle third is the bottom of your eyebrows to the bottom of your nose. You can shorten your nose by a little bit and get a lip lift to shorten your philtrum.

You need to cut your skull in half to shorten it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430 and The Bleach Pill
  • +1
Reactions: orthochadic
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430, Deleted member 7776 and Mr.cope
Lefort 3 is basically cutting your skull off a complete homicide
L3 cuts can't be moved upward only forward. Lefort 3 ccw rotation would shorten midface but its impossible since you would remove some bone from orbits.
I would rather trust this
12 Figure16 1

Even if it not done yet

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel and Deleted member 5052
Because you'd have to cut off bone in middle part of your skull even deep bones which would be more fucked up than lf3

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
L3 cuts can't be moved upward only forward. Lefort 3 ccw rotation would shorten midface but its impossible since you would remove some bone from orbits.
View attachment 562306
Even if it not done yet
Moving the maxilla forward will also shorten the vertical distance of midface somewhat. But lefort 3 is usually performed for severe maxillary hypoplasia or disfigurement caused by traumas but rarely for downward grown midface

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
Moving the maxilla forward will also shorten the vertical distance of midface somewhat. But lefort 3 is usually performed for severe maxillary hypoplasia or disfigurement caused by traumas but rarely for downward grown midface
Thats why Modified Lefort 3 is a thing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5052
Because you'd have to cut off bone in middle part of your skull even deep bones which would be more fucked up than lf3
Is there a correlation between low cheekbones and long middle third? Since both are caused by downward growth ?

Is there a correlation between low cheekbones and long middle third? Since both are caused by downward growth ?
Face is supposed to.grow forward and on the sides, if it grows down then its narrowing and getting longer.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
View attachment 562306
Even if it not done yet
thats the thing doe, this hasn't been done so no one can say for sure

but lip lift will reduce your philtrum, and you can get rhino for an upturned nose which will make your midface appear shorter

beacase cranial base

• Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot
View attachment 562306
Even if it not done yet
Simulation A can be done first to shorten the nasion-nose bottom height, and then simulation F to rotate everything.
Please prey it will be possible in less than 5 years jfl.
We always talk about simulation F, but simulation A is also lifefuel, as it shorten the nose and makes the "mike mew cheekline" better looking.

Attachments

• 9735B896-142F-4D73-9377-A2F46C44770A.png
    9735B896-142F-4D73-9377-A2F46C44770A.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • +1
Title
I have never fully understood what make this thing unfixable.

My best guess is it's to damn dangerous though the area around the lefort 1 region the philtrum region can be shortened although very slightly.

• +1