Wife freaked out that I touched her

ElySioNs

ElySioNs

Mercenary
Well, my bedroom isn’t fully dead but it’s getting there bit by bit and sex has been our only friction point over the years. I guess you could say that my wife is only interested in sex if she feels like it (which isn’t very often) or if I’m not interested (It’s funny how that works!). If we do get intimate I often feel like I’m inconveniencing her due to the way she acts. But enough back story…

I got home from a business trip and I had missed my wife. I was playful with her, cupped her boobs in the kitchen (which I’ve done a million times before) and later suggested being more intimate and she flipped out. Basically, got angry with me and slept in one of our kid‘s rooms that night and last night. I also got angry with her because I couldn’t understand what was wrong.

She texted me the day after (in response to a text of mine where I was complaining) to say she felt ”uncomfortable” with me touching her boobs. I really don’t know what I should do as she has never been unhappy about me touching her before. We’ve been married 15 years and of course we‘ve touched each other in a sexual way. It’s not like we are strangers or work together. Thinking about it further I think what got her angry wasn’t the boob cupping part but was later on when I hinted that we she should have sex that night. I assume she felt like I had expectations because I was back from a trip.

But, there wasn’t any communication at the time! She didn’t say she wasn ‘t interested and just got mad instead. It caught me totally by surprise.

For me, what is really depressing is that it is part of a downwards trend in our sexual relationship. I feel like I have devoted so much of my life to one person and then they can just flip everything on it‘s head. It‘s like she wants a room mate who pays all of the bills, does all the maintenance stuff around the house and helps with the kids....but then doesn’t want anything in return (like a physical relationship).
I’d be interested to hear what people think. Thanks

​

​

​

​