will 0.1% tretinoin remove my post acne erythema

wollet2

wollet2

Kraken
only thing im counting on, waiting for it to arrive. i will apply daily

im applying 20% azelaic acid 3 times a day for a few days now but it doesnt seem to do anything

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
@Seth Walsh anything else that could help? i also dermaneedled the area at 1.25mm length with a dermastamp but im afraid the needles will break or bend so i might use it once again only next week

do you think a topical vasoconstrictor like oxymetazoline would help or just wait for the tretinoin

What is that erythymea

What is that erythymea
its just some red spots leftover of my acne outbreak of months ago, they are not very visible but if for example i rub my skin a bit they get much more red and they are always there

when i microneedled that area bleeded a bit but the other side of my cheek didnt. idk why

they look like this but not so bad (not my skin)

• +1
im applying 20% azelaic acid 3 times a day for a few days now but it doesnt seem to do anything
Azaleic acid takes weeks to show results. You can't expect them after a few days because your skin hasn't shed enough to show bew skin.

• +1
Azaleic acid takes weeks to show results. You can't expect them after a few days because your skin hasn't shed enough to show bew skin.
yea obviously, its just i use it 3 times daily for almost a week now and i think there is 0 difference. ive also read that it doesnt really help

ill keep using it. i dont peel anything, is it how its supposed to work? theres just some cream leftover

• Hmm...
Tret acts as an exfoliator, so the issue probably won't completely disappear with it.

Here's my advice.

Get Azaleic Acid , Vitamin C and alpha arbutin.

Use all of them only before bed because they can cause none problems when interacting with the sun.

Start with the tret and then use the products from thinnest consistency to thickest . You apply the thickest product last to make sure the thinner ones have an opportunity to shake into the skin.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and wollet2
yea obviously, its just i use it 3 times daily for almost a week now and i think there is 0 difference. ive also read that it doesnt really help

ill keep using it. i dont peel anything, is it how its supposed to work? theres just some cream leftover
3 times a day is too much , you're going to run into diminishing returns at than point. once is fine. My Azaleic acid is in cream form. I don't really peel anything. It really works for me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and wollet2
Tret acts as an exfoliator, so the issue probably won't completely disappear with it.

Here's my advice.

Get Azaleic Acid , Vitamin C and alpha arbutin.

Use all of them only before bed because they can cause none problems when interacting with the sun.

Start with the tret and then use the products from thinnest consistency to thickest . You apply the thickest product last to make sure the thinner ones have an opportunity to shake into the skin.
i was planning to get the ascorbic acid powder by the ordinary and diluting some with water and putting it in my face after 0.5mm microneedling

ill get some alpha arbutin i think thats a skin whitener? what do you think causes these red marks

ive read they are damaged blood vessels caused by inflammation. how could that possibly be treated. maybe a vasoconstrictor to make them smaller?

idk if thats dumb but will they ever really go away in the sense that at some point i will be able to rub that area of skin and no spots will appear

• +1
Reactions: lungisani

Also azal
i was planning to get the ascorbic acid powder by the ordinary and diluting some with water and putting it in my face after 0.5mm microneedling

ill get some alpha arbutin i think thats a skin whitener? what do you think causes these red marks

ive read they are damaged blood vessels caused by inflammation. how could that possibly be treated. maybe a vasoconstrictor to make them smaller?

idk if thats dumb but will they ever really go away in the sense that at some point i will be able to rub that area of skin and no spots will appear
I'd advise against mixing vitamin c yourself , just get the one in cream form.

Alpha arbutin isn't a lighter, it's more of a brighter.It enhances the qualities of your particular skintone but doesn't alter them if that makes sense. I'm guessing you're pale , so these are just acne scars. Acne scars show up differently based on your skin tone.

You can solve it with the routine I gave or do laser therapy to solve it.

If you do choose my route , just stick with it and they'll be completely gone in 12 weeks.

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
Since youre already using tret , microneedling is unnecessary because you're already causing abrasions in the skin imo.

• +1
Reactions: wollet2