Will Accutane (isotretinoin) destroy my testosterone levels?

R

RecessedCels

Iron
I got prescribed accutane by a dermatologist and I'm scared it's going to ruin my testosterone levels and facial development. Does anyone have studies proving it actually isn't harmful for T-levels? Most studies say it's drops by 20-40%

whats the dose you got prescribed and whats your weight?

its fake info just eat healthy diet and work out you wont notice anything other than dry lips dry skin and those.

depression and that stuff is placebo for sure i never felt better while on accutane

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PsychoDsk, 6PSLcel and aids
depression and that stuff is placebo for sure i never felt better while on accutane
It's not placebo, but not a side effect that every single user would experience, it's also dependent on dosage.

• +1
Reactions: AySab, jxrdanbxrrett and PsychoDsk
It's not placebo, but not a side effect that every single user would experience, it's also dependent on dosage.

i was on 50mg for 6 months didnt notice any psychological side effect like if you trust in god and you have good routine like purging wont even bother you like it didnt bother me its all in your mind.

• JFL
Reactions: PsychoDsk
i was on 50mg for 6 months didnt notice any psychological side effect like if you trust in god and you have good routine like purging wont even bother you like it didnt bother me its all in your mind.
Not every person who takes isotretinoin will feel depressed.
Your singular anecdote is not an argument for my statement - some people may experience depression, some may not.

• +1
Reactions: PsychoDsk
whats the dose you got prescribed and whats your weight?

its fake info just eat healthy diet and work out you wont notice anything other than dry lips dry skin and those.

I don't remember the exact numbers but it was definitely low compared to what they usually give you. What's your opinion about the studies? I could link some

depression starts with like thoughts

you gotta think like this

imagine you lay on ground and watch sky and you see random clouds, those clouds come and go so

that is like anxiety, depression. you get sad bad thoughts but if you apply the mindset of clouds just let it go and dont bother, find God, go to Gym, i dont even know anymore.

depression comes when your life isnt fulfilled.

depression starts with like thoughts

you gotta think like this

imagine you lay on ground and watch sky and you see random clouds, those clouds come and go so

that is like anxiety, depression. you get sad bad thoughts but if you apply the mindset of clouds just let it go and dont bother, find God, go to Gym, i dont even know anymore.

depression comes when your life isnt fulfilled.
Bro you are actually the biggest waffle I've ever seen.
Depression can be for so many different reasons. Clinical depression in layman's terms is when your life is fulfilled/you are doing well in life, but you still feel sad.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PsychoDsk and AySab
Bro you are actually the biggest waffle I've ever seen.
Depression can be for so many different reasons. Clinical depression in layman's terms is when your life is fulfilled/you are doing well in life, but you still feel sad.
"

Need help/advice? My PM is always open."​

idk who are you going to help with that mindset

clean diet + exercise idk what to say else

its all in your head bro

you will be fine just live a good lifestyle you wont stunt your growth or have loss in testosterone.
What about the studies though?

• +1
Reactions: aids
"

Need help/advice? My PM is always open."​

idk who are you going to help with that mindset

clean diet + exercise idk what to say else

its all in your head bro
Are you mentally impaired man? Both studies you've just linked have nothing to do with isotretinoin and its interaction with the body.
Analogy for your argument is like if I cited a study that shows a positive correlation between exercise and testosterone levels, and then proceeded to say that you can completely mitigate the suppression of steroids by exercising.
No shit, depression is in the head, it is a mental health disorder.

JFL at your logic :lul:

• +1
Reactions: AySab

Ignore this dude, he's waffling. The effects that isotretinoin would have on your mood, especially at 10mg/day would most likely be negligible. Even so, the effects on mood would not be permanent. IIRC, there is no evidence linking a permanent effect on mood from the consumption of isotretinoin.
Your dosage is very low, if you feel sadder, then take 10mg on alternating days. Most likely, if you feel any worse, it's from external variables or placebo.

• +1

Mood should not be your biggest concern with isotretinoin however. Make sure you get bloodwork done for liver toxicity and for your dermatologist to interpret the bloodwork to determine if your dosage is ok, whether you should decrease, or increase it. They will also obviously need to assess your skin to determine whether increasing the dosage is worthwhile.

Isotretinoin is heavily demonised. You will be fine. PM me if you have any more specific concerns or if you want my advice on anything in particular while you're taking it.

Edit: The chances you're going to feel any significant sides from 10mg/day are about as likely as you getting killed by a shark on the second floor of an apartment building in New York.

lol keep your testosterone and look like a fucking peperoni pizza

or let it drop a slight bit and be a clear skin slayer

your choice bimbo

• +1
Reactions: AySab and aids
lol keep your testosterone and look like a fucking peperoni pizza

or let it drop a slight bit and be a clear skin slayer

your choice bimbo
Insane edit from your original reply :lul:
But I agree with @mfk, isotretinoin will do more good than harm for you as long as you take it safely, which if you are consulting a Dermatologist whilst you take it, you are.

• +1

Insane edit from your original reply :lul:
But I agree with @mfk, isotretinoin will do more good than harm for you as long as you take it safely, which if you are consulting a Dermatologist whilst you take it, you are.
Original comment was before scrolling and seeing the links lol

If you read the first study he linked, total testosterone decreased but changes in free testosterone were insignificant.

Then the second study says Testosterone levels didn’t change but DHT did.

So which study does he want to pick and choose? A little conflicting no?

• +1
Reactions: AySab and aids
Mood should not be your biggest concern with isotretinoin however. Make sure you get bloodwork done for liver toxicity and for your dermatologist to interpret the bloodwork to determine if your dosage is ok, whether you should decrease, or increase it. They will also obviously need to assess your skin to determine whether increasing the dosage is worthwhile.

Isotretinoin is heavily demonised. You will be fine. PM me if you have any more specific concerns or if you want my advice on anything in particular while you're taking it.

Edit: The chances you're going to feel any significant sides from 10mg/day are about as likely as you getting killed by a shark on the second floor of an apartment building in New York.
The plan is to take 10mg a day for 3 weeks and 20mg after that. I'm around 60kg so I should be fine?

• +1
Reactions: aids
Original comment was before scrolling and seeing the links lol

If you read the first study he linked, total testosterone decreased but changes in free testosterone were insignificant.

Then the second study says Testosterone levels didn’t change but DHT did.

So which study does he want to pick and choose? A little conflicting no?
Yea the studies don't make any sense at all to me either

Yea the studies don't make any sense at all to me either
If you’ve been recommended Accutane by a dermatologist then you’re probably better off taking it.

I’ve been on Accutane for 3 years. I’ve taken doses ranging from 20-90mg.

I’m now long-term low dosing 30mg every 3 days. I’ve never had any bad side effects except dry lips. My Testosterone is also fine.

• +1
Reactions: RecessedCels
If you’ve been recommended Accutane by a dermatologist then you’re probably better off taking it.

I’m now long-term low dosing 30mg every 3 days. I’ve never had any bad side effects except dry lips. My Testosterone is also fine.
Yeah thanks man. I decided to take it. My dosage is under 0.5mg/kg so I should be fine. I'll buy supplements and all that shit just to be sure I don't like lose development lol.

Why have you taken it for so long?

• +1
Why have you taken it for so long?
Because I like having a smaller nasal tip

And I also like not breaking out

It’s so much less work than applying a topical treatment every night. One pill every 3 days and I don’t have to worry.

• +1
Reactions: aids and RecessedCels

It’s so much less work than applying a topical treatment every night. One pill every 3 days and I don’t have to worry.
Makes sense. Is there anything I should do before taking accutane?

I'm on accutane 16 yo and idk about test levels but my libido worsed a lot. The purge was brutal but slowly it got better.

I got prescribed accutane by a dermatologist and I'm scared it's going to ruin my testosterone levels and facial development. Does anyone have studies proving it actually isn't harmful for T-levels? Most studies say it's drops by 20-40%
I've been on Roaccutane for just over 6 months, currently on 120mg a day. My test levels have decreased by just over 20% prior to being on it. It's worth it though in my opinion.

That's fair, my assumption was you had really severe acne.