Will braces flatten my maxilla at 16

S

stribor

Iron
So i have a decent overbite that i am going to fix with braces, i have discussed this with my orthodontist and they said the braces wouldnt change my bone structure in any way. But i still want to know if its possible for my maxilla to get flattened because of it. Basically they just want to push my teeth forward in an angled way, which doesnt sound like it could cause problems but i still want to make sure.

dont get braces

My overbite makes my chin to protrude so much and its so fukced up tho, are u sure? Can u elaborate why too
if you have a overbite get braces nvm

braces making you recessed is a myth
it will ascend you hard if you have an overbite

• +1
Reactions: wastedspermcel
Why don't you do surgery instead of camouflage treatment? Won't you regret it. I regret my camouflage treatment and now I'm seeking DJS but my roots are reabsorbed so doing decompensation now is complicated because of my previous camouflage treatment.

• +1
Reactions: Chadpersonality
braces making you recessed is a myth
it will ascend you hard if you have an overbite
Thanks, will get them soon. I do have to wear them for a long ass time but its gonna be worth it hopefully. Only thing i cant decide is to get bands or just regular braces

Thanks, will get them soon. I do have to wear them for a long ass time but its gonna be worth it hopefully. Only thing i cant decide is to get bands or just regular braces
Do you haver proper airway, proper upper palate?

depends, you're young so you might need only a year or two for your braces

• +1
Reactions: stribor
Why don't you do surgery instead of camouflage treatment? Won't you regret it. I regret my camouflage treatment and now I'm seeking DJS but my roots are reabsorbed so doing decompensation now is complicated because of my previous camouflage treatment.
Because im 16 and my parents would never let me lmao. I wish i could just get surgery to fix my deep labiomental fold, and my overbite but its not gonna happen until im 18. Not to mention i cant wait that long cause i want to really try to change my chin bone structure as soon as possible. Trust me if u had a fucked up protruding chin like me at 16 u would want to do something about it asap.

They would let you have surgery if you explained to them what it means.
Braces will stop your jaws from growing, your palate and airways will get smaller, your chin bone structure will change so minimally you won't notice.

If they push your teeth in an angled way for 3 years then you will need to push them back for another couple of years if you decide to have bimax. If you'll have any roots by the time.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know your case, maybe surgery is not worth for your case.

But you have to know that choosing camouflage treatment is a regret for a lot of people who change their opinion and want to get the surgery. Be it because of airway problems when they get older, or because they understand the blackpill better.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know your case, maybe surgery is not worth for your case.

But you have to know that choosing camouflage treatment is a regret for a lot of people who change their opinion and want to get the surgery. Be it because of airway problems when they get older, or because they understand the blackpill better.
I get it. Look my situation is pretty fucked, i am not recessed at all i would actually say i have a strong jaw. The problem is my chin. Its protrudes too much because of my deep labiomental fold caused by my overbite. Basically i can try convincing my parents but either way they are going to be probably against it.