Will bsso always give you better bigonial width? is it always a looksmax?

D

Deleted member 4310

Kraken
Or will it only make your chin more projected? sry if it's a greycel-tier question but I don't know shit about these procedures.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7126, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and HumidVent
BSSO lengthens the mandible

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Lev Peshkov, CursedOne and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
You can get BSSO with chin wing to make the jaw wider and more masculine, Dr Andreischev does this, the results Ive seen look very good, although he could just selectively be showing only his best results.

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
I'm probably getting a bsso but I'm having second thoughts. I know from a side profile it will improve my looks but from the front some people say it can make the jaw narrower.

I don't know how true it is but if you jut your lower jaw so the bottom teeth are directly under the top teeth it will give you an idea of what a bsso can do. However when you jut your jaw like this it also moves the ramus which won't be affected by the bsso.

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
I'm probably getting a bsso but I'm having second thoughts. I know from a side profile it will improve my looks but from the front some people say it can make the jaw narrower.

I don't know how true it is but if you jut your lower jaw so the bottom teeth are directly under the top teeth it will give you an idea of what a bsso can do. However when you jut your jaw like this it also moves the ramus which won't be affected by the bsso.

Then you could just fix the narrow jaw with fillers/ implants

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab, Deleted member 4310 and HumidVent

Where you read this? It is impossible, indeed in some case BSSO with widen your jaw.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 4310, PubertyMaxxer and 1 other person
bsso + implant = good bigonial width?

bsso + implant = good bigonial width?

I think the implants over you jawline is always risk to make you bloated, personally I'll avoid it.
I prefer osteotomies, maybe a chin wing to improve gonial angles, to make them defined.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 2729, Gaia262 and 3 others
I think the implants over you jawline is always risk to make you bloated, personally I'll avoid it.
I prefer osteotomies, maybe a chin wing to improve gonial angles, to make them defined.
My gonial angle is already okay its just not that visble from the front like you dont see any angularity.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310
You can get BSSO with chin wing to make the jaw wider and more masculine, Dr Andreischev does this, the results Ive seen look very good, although he could just selectively be showing only his best results.
Got any Pics of bsso+chin wing?

• +1
Got any Pics of bsso+chin wing?

d734585e1d3d0165e5c9f6d40581fd4c.png

f9b6f92f08befac0b0b5dc4f12ff5a5f.png

906a7a014506abcc0415ef036573d29a.png

def44de34bd27fd4403441fa85fb47bf.png

5991b988a8c853e9c8a0b915c01e62ee.png

59744bc3aaaa7d7de39b712d7d1783de.png

c2849ae35168c07726538791fcc2ac06.png

f5cb48635d0afeedcdd7ab525eab6d98.png

8d2dad9cafb525019c6ff7bcab8db79d.png

The translation for his description of those pictures:

Biaxial osteotomy + chin-wing. Before surgery and after 3 months p / o.

There could still be mild swelling after 3 months still, idk tbh.

Last edited:
  • +1
IMDO widens the bigonial

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310 and Deleted member 3043
  • +1
Reactions: Xander578
IMDO doesn’t widen the bigonial why are you spreading this fake news
IMDO widens the bigonial

bigonial width actually decreases with IMDO but jaw appears wider.

I think MSDO slightly increases bigonial but mostly chin width

• +1
Reactions: Xander578 and Deleted member 3043
  • +1
I think dr paul Coceancig mentioned it in one of his videos, i'll try and find it
While this is after IMDO then superbimax(which includes another imdo) it's clear that his bigonial increased.
sbm.JPG

Note here that it also fits with what dr Paul describes on his website and I quote:
"The lower jaw lengthens, widens and becomes 3-dimensionally bigger as it grows."(https://www.profilosurgical.com.au/jaw-surgery/what-is-imdo/)
and here is the video:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262, Deleted member 4310 and Deleted member 3043
I think dr paul Coceancig mentioned it in one of his videos, i'll try and find it

While this is after IMDO then superbimax(which includes another imdo) it's clear that his bigonial increased.
sbm.JPG

Note here that it also fits with what dr Paul describes on his website and I quote:
"The lower jaw lengthens, widens and becomes 3-dimensionally bigger as it grows."(https://www.profilosurgical.com.au/jaw-surgery/what-is-imdo/)
and here is the video:

I will consult with my orthodontist about what procedures are viable for me, provided that I have an overbite. I'm pretty sure that I can get free BSSO but I don't know about IMDO. Might get BSSO and then regular jaw implants.

• +1
I will consult with my orthodontist about what procedures are viable for me, provided that I have an overbite. I'm pretty sure that I can get free BSSO but I don't know about IMDO. Might get BSSO and then regular jaw implants.
That works too, good luck boyo

• +1

Like this?

But buddyboyo... isnt that just increasing width in the chin-bsso cut section?????
that would mean the true bigonial width is still the same (posterior end of chin wing is not @ gonion) .... would that not look wierd???

Wondering if its better to wait for bone to fill up gaps and then do a proper gonion-chin chin wing (lowering gonial angle and inc. bigonial width together) .. or do chin wing with bimax and then jaw angle implants...
Also heard some shit about cutting mandible very high or horizontally for the bsso portion of bimax.. allowing traditional chin wing to be possible (gonion-chin)

Fuuk too many options

Like this?
View attachment 569766

But buddyboyo... isnt that just increasing width in the chin-bsso cut section?????
that would mean the true bigonial width is still the same (posterior end of chin wing is not @ gonion) .... would that not look wierd???

Wondering if its better to wait for bone to fill up gaps and then do a proper gonion-chin chin wing (lowering gonial angle and inc. bigonial width together) .. or do chin wing with bimax and then jaw angle implants...
Also heard some shit about cutting mandible very high or horizontally for the bsso portion of bimax.. allowing traditional chin wing to be possible (gonion-chin)

Fuuk too many options

Thats right they can do the Chin Wing traditionally while moving the mouth forward with a higher cut, like this:
8d2dad9cafb525019c6ff7bcab8db79d

The problem with this style is that the jaw doesn't increase in length (except the chin from genioplasty), and is also makes the ramus forward set which is not natural looking. Heres the result of the above CT Scan, its still decent imo but not ideal:

F9b6f92f08befac0b0b5dc4f12ff5a5f

D734585e1d3d0165e5c9f6d40581fd4c

906a7a014506abcc0415ef036573d29a

Def44de34bd27fd4403441fa85fb47bf

He looks better from the front than the other angles, where the forward set ramus is obvious.

Im strongly considering doing a classic BSSO, then once its healed and my jaw is lengthened and at the perfect upright angle, then get a chin wing for extra masculinisation. Hopefully Andreischev will give me a discount for booking the 2 surgeries at the same time, despite having to operate 2 separate sessions.

• +1
Reactions: NarcyChadlite
Thats right they can do the Chin Wing traditionally while moving the mouth forward with a higher cut, like this:
View attachment 570035

The problem with this style is that the jaw doesn't increase in length (except the chin from genioplasty), and is also makes the ramus forward set which is not natural looking. Heres the result of the above CT Scan, its still decent imo but not ideal:

View attachment 570036
View attachment 570037
View attachment 570038
View attachment 570039

He looks better from the front than the other angles, where the forward set ramus is obvious.

Im strongly considering doing a classic BSSO, then once its healed and my jaw is lengthened and at the perfect upright angle, then get a chin wing for extra masculinisation. Hopefully Andreischev will give me a discount for booking the 2 surgeries at the same time, despite having to operate 2 separate sessions.

Wise thoughtprocess tbh... reaping the benefits of both creating a long mandibular body as well as future gonial angle/ramus body. Max bone creation = worth the wait. If we assume that everything heals and bone fills the cuts and gaps, then a total lower3rdcel could get genio along with the regular bsso bimax and then once everything heals, theres even more possible chin projection with the ching wing afterwards.. but maybe thats wishful thinking and pushing it idk.

What i think id need to research now is the time it takes for the bone to fully remodel into the gaps (and how to accelerate it?) and also i was wondering if nose can be made to appear smaller from side profile view just through a lefort (seeing how the cut of the maxilla is usually at or above base of nasal opening). I mean like moving the nostrils edges forwards.

Last edited:
Wise thoughtprocess tbh... reaping the benefits of both creating a long mandibular body as well as future gonial angle/ramus body. Max bone creation = worth the wait. If we assume that everything heals and bone fills the cuts and gaps, then a total lower3rdcel could get genio along with the regular bsso bimax and then once everything heals, theres even more possible chin projection with the ching wing afterwards.. but maybe thats wishful thinking and pushing it idk.

What i think id need to research now is the time it takes for the bone to fully remodel into the gaps (and how to accelerate it?) and also i was wondering if nose can be made to appear smaller from side profile view just through a lefort (seeing how the cut of the maxilla is usually at or above base of nasal opening). I mean like moving the nostrils edges forwards.

The nostrils do come forward, look at the difference in the Russians dudes nose before/after

The nostrils do come forward, look at the difference in the Russians dudes nose before/after

Yuup thats lifefuel tbh.. in my case i maybe have very minor recession and thought about jaw implants.. but because its just minor, osteotomies like bimax will give me all around benefits (breathing, midface enhancement etc)... thank god for this forum and knowledgable user like you brah...

will share anything interesting surgery related i come across with ya/ ask if i have any qs brudda (y)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
Yuup thats lifefuel tbh.. in my case i maybe have very minor recession and thought about jaw implants.. but because its just minor, osteotomies like bimax will give me all around benefits (breathing, midface enhancement etc)... thank god for this forum and knowledgable user like you brah...

will share anything interesting surgery related i come across with ya/ ask if i have any qs brudda (y)

Awesome, I'm happy to be of help.

Also PM me if you find out more info in regards to doing 2 stage BSSO then Chin Wing, the break needed between the surgeries for full bone healing.

• +1
Reactions: NarcyChadlite
You can get BSSO for free? Where do you live?

You are going to fly back and forth?

My plans have changed, you can actually get chin wing at same time as BSSO in one surgery. It will be a semi chin wing not full, but I like the results a lot so I don't mind that. I'll post examples 1sec

You are going to fly back and forth?

This is the mini Chin Wing
Mini chinwing

They can perform this at the same time as BSSO, and it looks great to me. Only the ramus gets left behind, but the most important part of the jaw aesthetically is the front mandible anyway.
Bsso  mini chin wing

Before after

Those results both were done with the mini Chin Wing cut at the same time as the BSSO, great results IMO, far superior to having genioplasty with BSSO.

And if your really bothered, you can always get some ramus angle implants afterwards, as much as I think jaw implants look fake, they can look aesthetic and natural when place on a well developed jaw and only augmenting the ramus instead of the front mandible, like this guy did:
mandible-01.jpg

But I wouldn't get the jaw angle as big as that even, just a subtle one for some width and down-drop of the ramus if I really needed it after a BSSO and Mini Chin Wing.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Mhmm

You see I want to increase my bigonial width by a good amount. A high BSSO and full chin wing may give me those results.

Ideally, an outcome which I’m not yet sure about is a Dal pont BSSO with a chin shield (Short Chin Wing). AKA what you want.

However, I need to get more info on how much I can increase my bigonial width and reach my desired results.

Plus I need to not forget about forward growth and which cut looks aesthetically the best. I have a lot to figure out.

I would like to avoid plastic for now.

'However, I need to get more info on how much I can increase my bigonial width and reach my desired results.'

How much you can increase your bigonial width doing what? High BSSO and full Chin Wing like this?
F5cb48635d0afeedcdd7ab525eab6d98

View attachment 643255
They can perform this at the same time as BSSO, and it looks great to me. Only the ramus gets left behind, but the most important part of the jaw aesthetically is the front mandible anyway.
View attachment 643262
View attachment 643263

Those results both were done with the mini Chin Wing cut at the same time as the BSSO, great results IMO, far superior to having genioplasty with BSSO.

And if your really bothered, you can always get some ramus angle implants afterwards, as much as I think jaw implants look fake, they can look aesthetic and natural when place on a well developed jaw and only augmenting the ramus instead of the front mandible, like this guy did:
mandible-01.jpg

But I wouldn't get the jaw angle as big as that even, just a subtle one for some width and down-drop of the ramus if I really needed it after a BSSO and Mini Chin Wing.

is it possible to widen w the mini chin wing (at the same time as bsso)? or this only w a separate side wing

View attachment 643255
View attachment 643262
View attachment 643263

mandible-01.jpg

Thats a good result! Why do you think only the posterior mandible should be augmented? Have u seen this result by defranq, only did the back part, still looks like shit...idk, crazy. Dr Joel Defrancq 1517302733083603600 4637

is it possible to widen w the mini chin wing (at the same time as bsso)? or this only w a separate side wing

I haven't seen a result where they do a Mini Chin Wing + BSSO, and widen the bi-gonial distance at the same time. Also I'm not sure if they can widen the front mandible with the Mini Chin Wing + BSSO, or only bring it forward (which makes it appear wider anyway though).

Unfortunately there's not many results online of Mini Chin Wing + BSSO, those 2 posted are the only ones I could find. We have to ask Maxfac Surgeons these questions tbh.

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath
I haven't seen a result where they do a Mini Chin Wing + BSSO, and widen the bi-gonial distance at the same time. Also I'm not sure if they can widen the front mandible with the Mini Chin Wing + BSSO, or only bring it forward (which makes it appear wider anyway though).

Unfortunately there's not many results online of Mini Chin Wing + BSSO, those 2 posted are the only ones I could find. We have to ask Maxfac Surgeons these questions tbh.

ah ye makes sense. i will ask if theres any other way to do so simultaneously, but lmk if u find out more.

• +1
Thats a good result! Why do you think only the posterior mandible should be augmented? Have u seen this result by defranq, only did the back part, still looks like shit...idk, crazy.View attachment 643340

It looks shit to me cus its disproportionate to the front.

But when you augment the front with implants, it usually looks too thick and unnatural, because the implants wrap around underneath the jaw and make the rounding edge underneath the jaw thicker, but natural bone is thin and sharp - not bloated.

However at the back of the jaw in the ramus area, the natural jaws on masculine men become thicker here anyway (evolved for higher punch resistance), so implants can mimic natural bone more effectively at the back, so long as its proportionate to the front mandible.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Boldandbeautiful
It looks shit to me cus its disproportionate to the front.

But when you augment the front with implants, it usually looks too thick and unnatural, because the implants wrap around underneath the jaw and make the rounding edge underneath the jaw thicker, but natural bone is thin and sharp - not bloated.

However at the back of the jaw in the ramus area, the natural jaws on masculine men become thicker here anyway (evolved for higher punch resistance), so implants can mimic natural bone more effectively at the back, so long as its proportionate to the front mandible.
Mogger iq

• +1
View attachment 643255
View attachment 643262
View attachment 643263

mandible-01.jpg

bit offtopic question but.

what if i have a slight overbite, that it's not that noticable (not like a typical extreme overbite) but still maks my jaw look a bit off.

Could i just get a chin wing instead of bsso?

• +1
Reactions: RoundHouse
bit offtopic question but.

what if i have a slight overbite, that it's not that noticable (not like a typical extreme overbite) but still maks my jaw look a bit off.

Could i just get a chin wing instead of bsso?

I would imagine that it would help and be a decent improvement, but not be an ideal result as BSSO. Send me private pics if you like, I've done it for many guys and the pics always remain private.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
I would imagine that it would help and be a decent improvement, but not be an ideal result as BSSO. Send me private pics if you like, I've done it for many guys and the pics always remain private.
will do lad

• +1
IMG-20191024-212809.png

• Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 4430
Z chinwing/bimax result

Attachments

• thumb (27).jpeg