Will fixing slight overbite move my lower jaw forward?

mug

mug

Kraken
I have a slight overbite and malocclusion from thumb sucking as a kid. And it makes my jaw look worse, if I get braces will it move my lower jaw forward or recess my maxilla?

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
I have a slight overbite and malocclusion from thumb sucking as a kid. And it makes my jaw look worse, if I get braces will it move my lower jaw forward or recess my maxilla?
Do you already move it by your self?

• +1
Reactions: mug
I try to move it forward now that people noticed I have an overbite on here, it’s slight
Well I think if you see no difference when you do it then that’s your answer, my overbite is mild and there’s a big difference from when I do self correct and don’t.

• +1
Reactions: mug
Well I think if you see no difference when you do it then that’s your answer, my overbite is mild and there’s a big difference from when I do self correct and don’t.
Depends on how I move it. If I have my teeth together and press lower against upper it looks a little better but if I open my mouth on the inside it looks better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29581
Absolutely not. Never get braces, especially elastics, to treat an overbite or overjet. If you just want to straighten your teeth via braces, make sure to avoid elastics. Increasing resting masseter and pterygoid muscle tone may help in moving your mandible forward, if you're young enough

Braces cannot move your jaw at your age. You need braces for jaw surgery either way.

Absolutely not. Never get braces, especially elastics, to treat an overbite or overjet. If you just want to straighten your teeth via braces, make sure to avoid elastics. Increasing resting masseter and pterygoid muscle tone may help in moving your mandible forward, if you're young enough
im 20.5 will elastics recess a jaw at 40? my mom got some last year