Will it ever be possible to make rich once i fall into the wage trap?

Phxx

Phxx

Bronze
Im 18 now, starting full time work in construction. Will i ever have enough time to research something and maybe start my own business or is it too late

• JFL
Reactions: Saint Casanova
Make your own business in construction field my dad has lots of friends who are doing construction but obviously run their own businesses and most of them make really good money

• +1
Reactions: Phxx
Make your own business in construction field my dad has lots of friends who are doing construction but obviously run their own businesses and most of them make really good money
Yeah but i will be like 40 by the time that happens. Also i am starting as a labourer so it will take me way longer to progress

Yeah but i will be like 40 by the time that happens. Also i am starting as a labourer so it will take me way longer to progress
You can start earlier, if you have the skills in that specific field of construction ive heard electrical makes shit ton of money specially residential

• +1
You can start earlier, if you have the skills in that specific field of construction ive heard electrical makes shit ton of money specially residential
I want to be an electrician. I will try and work my ass off and hopefully someone on site takes me under their wing.

Im 18 now, starting full time work in construction. Will i ever have enough time to research something and maybe start my own business or is it too late
Are u hispanic???

• JFL
Reactions: Sprinkles
I want to be an electrician. I will try and work my ass off and hopefully someone on site takes me under their wing.
Yeah man also requires some luck just like everything else try and get yourself good connections

• +1
It's definitely not too late, you're only 18. But you need to keep in mind that 99% of people will never be rich, there's no hard work that can give you that, rags to riches stories are rarer than what mainstream media wants to make you believe, and most of these stories are either people who came from significantly well off families who just became richer, or people with just insane amounts of luck. Most will never travel the world, stay in the best hotels or fuck hot supermodels, that's just how the system works

• +1
Reactions: AngryShortMale
It's definitely not too late, you're only 18. But you need to keep in mind that 99% of people will never be rich, there's no hard work that can give you that, rags to riches stories are rarer than what mainstream media wants to make you believe, and most of these stories are either people who came from significantly well off families who just became richer, or people with just insane amounts of luck. Most will never travel the world, stay in the best hotels or fuck hot supermodels, that's just how the system works
You can travel the world and stay in nice hotels without being a multi millionaire. You’ll probably need to make a few hundred thousand a year. Hard, but achievable.

The supermodel territory is extremely unrealistic

Yes. Construction can be a solid industry. Especially if contracting or if you build some sort of business.

Will take many years of work though

You can travel the world and stay in nice hotels without being a multi millionaire. You’ll probably need to make a few hundred thousand a year. Hard, but achievable.
Yes, but most people won't, time is also a key factor when you spend your life wageslaving.
The supermodel territory is extremely unrealistic
Not for millionaires, which is what I assumed that op wants to become

Yes, but most people won't, time is also a key factor when you spend your life wageslaving.

Not for millionaires, which is what I assumed that op wants to become
Industry and niche within that industry as well. If you get into the right industry, six figures is possible even in your 20s.

Most people are lazy, low IQ, and have no ambition. I don’t like the “most people” argument.

Not millionaires, multi millionaires (50m plus). Those are the people who have the boats in Miami with the models. A few million isn’t going to cut it.

• +1
Reactions: forevergymcelling and AngryShortMale
Industry and niche within that industry as well. If you get into the right industry, six figures is possible even in your 20s.
So? What's your point with this? Do you consider that rich?
Most people are lazy, low IQ, and have no ambition. I don’t like the “most people” argument.
Jfl, you need to get off the internet for a bit then, that's the point you're not special, most people will never cut it, the reasons don't matter. Are you a multimillionaire? If you're not, any argument that you make here doesn't matter
Not millionaires, multi millionaires (50m plus). Those are the people who have the boats in Miami with the models. A few million isn’t going to cut it.
Are you autistic or something? I mentioned hot supermodels as one of the unattainable things that men fantasize about, and that's not going to happen in their lifetime, I'm not the one here arguing that most men can get it, why are you trying to argue about it?

• JFL
So? What's your point with this? Do you consider that rich?

Jfl, you need to get off the internet for a bit then, that's the point you're not special, most people will never cut it, the reasons don't matter. Are you a multimillionaire? If you're not, any argument that you make here doesn't matter

Are you autistic or something? I mentioned hot supermodels as one of the unattainable things that men fantasize about, and that's not going to happen in their lifetime, I'm not the one here arguing that most men can get it, why are you trying to argue about it?
You’ve missed my point completely. I’m not talking about being a multimillionaire.

Travelling and staying in luxury hotels requires a six figure income realistically. You don’t need to be a multimillionaire for that.

Breaking into six figure territory is mainly about hard work and IQ. Not so much luck. There’s typically a structured pathway into high paying careers like finance/Law. At least in the UK. Past that is when you’ll need luck/ extraordinary talent, networks ect.

Last edited:
You’ve missed my point completely. I’m not talking about being a multimillionaire.

Travelling and staying in luxury hotels requires a six figure income realistically. You don’t need to be a multimillionaire for that.

Breaking into six figure territory is mainly about hard work and IQ. Not so much luck. There’s typically a structured pathway into high paying careers like finance/Law. At least in the UK. Past that is when you’ll need luck/ extraordinary talent, networks ect.

You need luck to have picked the right career in the first place as a dumbass kid. That is literally a choice you have to make around 13 here in UK because your school subject choices will just stick around with you.

• +1
You need luck to have picked the right career in the first place as a dumbass kid. That is literally a choice you have to make around 13 here in UK because your school subject choices will just stick around with you.
You do a standard curriculum in the UK until 16 where you do GCSEs in a range of subjects, with maths and English being compulsory.

It’s only when you do A-levels where you need to pick worthwhile subjects. Those would be mainly STEM based ones like maths and physics.

Even then, careers such as Law and finance don’t really need a specific subject. The only part I agree with is that if you want to break in, you’ll need to start getting work experience, internships ect early on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back