Will MSE get rid of sleep apnea if you have a recessed mandible

D

Deleted member 17997

don't be jealous asshole
MSE is for the maxilla not the mandible.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17997
MSE is for the maxilla not the mandible.
I know, but will it help breathing at all if the mandible is causing breathing issues. I guess not tbh since more nasal volume won't mean more air going through a restricted airway.

Looking into it yes an MSE will help even if the mandible is recessed. Its worth trying first.

maybe a bit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17997
maybe a bit
I think its worth getting as im a poorcel. I can always get double jaw surgery afterwards. I think the improved breathing of the MSE will make my life easier so I can focus on making money for a bimax. Seems logical to me.

• +1
Reactions: highT
It probably won’t cure the apnea entirely if you have a recessed mandible. But it will definitely improve your symptoms if you’re a side sleeper. Also you’ll be able to breathe through your nose during the day easier.

just get bimax.

No. It’s different dimensions of advancement. Your tongue will still be closer to your throat, so it’s likely your tongue will relax during sleep and drop to the back of your airway. but nasal cavity expansion has a way more impact on breathing than mandibular advancement from my perspective