Will one tooth extraction really change anything?

DoII

DoII

Kraken
I had a molar removed. Just one tho
Will this really affect anything ?

yes especially molar

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7 and DoII
yes it would. get it replaced ASAP with a dental implant

• +1
Reactions: curiousinterest2002 and DoII
yikes get an implant soon or else your bone will melt away

• +1
Reactions: DoII
yes it would. get it replaced ASAP with a dental implant
I had two molars in a row removed (lower) years ago
What would be the best option for me? Implant? Or dental bridge?
Also is it covered by insurance
I noticed a bit of fatpad sagging on this side and I’m pissed

I had two molars in a row removed (lower) years ago
What would be the best option for me? Implant? Or dental bridge?
Also is it covered by insurance
I noticed a bit of fatpad sagging on this side and I’m pissed
Implant is always the best option. Insurance will always only cover the cheaper option. Which is bridges but dental implant is way better than bridges for jawline

• +1
Implant is always the best option. Insurance will always only cover the cheaper option. Which is bridges but dental implant is way better than bridges for jawline
both give good results right?
Did you ever have implants? If so did you notice any change

• +1
Reactions: andy9432
Another question regarding dental shit is when one side of ur jaw had teeth missing did you notice asymmetry? I think this is the cause for mine although it’s slight

• +1
Another question regarding dental shit is when one side of ur jaw had teeth missing did you notice asymmetry? I think this is the cause for mine although it’s slight
yeah, it was assymetric, i had a molar removed myself, and within 4 months (august 2018-december 2018) i noticed assymmetry

yeah, it was assymetric, i had a molar removed myself, and within 4 months (august 2018-december 2018) i noticed assymmetry
That’s def what happened to me. Ffs bro
Did the implants resolve this immediately?

• +1
both give good results right?
Did you ever have implants? If so did you notice any change
I did get it replaced, and it was the reason that i managed to rebuild my jaw on that side.

• +1
That’s def what happened to me. Ffs bro
Did the implants resolve this immediately?
It took a while, as u need to stimulate growth, i can atleast say that ive "recovered" from the bone loss now, the assymmetry is not noticeable anymore for the naked eye

• +1
I did get it replaced, and it was the reason that i managed to rebuild my jaw on that side.
I’ve had mine removed for a couple years now fuarkkkk two lower molars in row

It took a while, as u need to stimulate growth, i can atleast say that ive "recovered" from the bone loss now, the assymmetry is not noticeable anymore for the naked eye
How did you stimulate it exactly? Chewing?

I’ve had mine removed for a couple years now fuarkkkk two lower molars in row
i think the assymmetry is more due to masseter atrophy though, because the molar, especially second and first molar, is CRUCIAL to stimulate masseter growth, that is most likely the reason ur noticeable assymmetric!

• +1
How did you stimulate it exactly? Chewing?
yeah chewing, but u need the molars! because they sit DIRECTLY over the masseter! u can chew all u want, but if ur missing the molars, its in vain, as the masseter will not be stimulated at all!

• +1
i think the assymmetry is more due to masseter atrophy though, because the molar, especially second and first molar, is CRUCIAL to stimulate masseter growth, that is most likely the reason ur noticeable assymmetric!
Was urs covered by insurance?
I’m convincing my dad to consult the dentist and he’s looking into it

Was urs covered by insurance?
I’m convincing my dad to consult the dentist and he’s looking into it
i had to fork out everything on my own, because they said it was a "cosmetic" change 2500 USD.

Any teeth EXCEPT wisdom teeth is CRITICAL for PROPER FUNCTIONAL jawline development!

• +1
i had to fork out everything on my own, because they said it was a "cosmetic" change 2500 USD.

Any teeth EXCEPT wisdom teeth is CRITICAL for PROPER FUNCTIONAL jawline development!
“Cosmetic” jfllll bro it’s essential
To prevent teeth crowdation as well? If I’m not mistaken.

• +1

2.5k for one tooth I gotta do two smh man maybe bridges would be it

• +1
“Cosmetic” jfllll bro it’s essential
To prevent teeth crowdation as well? If I’m not mistaken.
yeah. their reasoning was BS, yeah indeed, the teeth crowdation is inevitable if ur missing teeth

• +1
2.5k for one tooth I gotta do two smh man maybe bridges would be it
U might get it covered, it is different from country to country, the bone/masseter muscle wont be stimulated with bridges

• +1
yeah. their reasoning was BS, yeah indeed, the teeth crowdation is inevitable if ur missing teeth
Thankfully it hasn’t happened yet to me. But my plan
After I get this resolved with either the bridges or implants will be a chewing marathon

• Love it
U might get it covered, it is different from country to country, the bone/masseter muscle wont be stimulated with bridges
Oh. That’s unfortunate what other options do I have?

• +1
Oh. That’s unfortunate what other options do I have?
Travel to a third world country (mexico) if u live in the U.S, or Turkey if u live in europe. Dental implants is insanely cheap in those countries. 1 implant goes for 500 USD.

• +1
Travel to a third world country (mexico) if u live in the U.S, or Turkey if u live in europe. Dental implants is insanely cheap in those countries. 1 implant goes for 500 USD.
Insane.
I’m sixteen tho unfortunately this is thru my parents

Insane.
I’m sixteen tho unfortunately this is thru my parents
I understand, u should tell them like it is, say that u did ur due research, let me make this clear, the difference between implant and bridges cannot even be compared, implant should be the mandatory procedure. Only old people should get bridges, as they dont have enough bone mass to support implants. Since ur young, u should have enough bone mass for dental implant

• +1
I understand, u should tell them like it is, say that u did ur due research, let me make this clear, the difference between implant and bridges cannot even be compared, implant should be the mandatory procedure. Only old people should get bridges, as they dont have enough bone mass to support implants. Since ur young, u should have enough bone mass for dental implant
I’m sixteen tho wouldn’t this not be a option due to age?

• +1
it doesnt do shit, people are just talking out of their ass

• Hmm...
I’m sixteen tho wouldn’t this not be a option due to age?
u might have to wait untill 18, im not sure about the rules for this. If u have to wait untill 18, get something cheap temporary if they offer it, then get the dental implant at 18

• +1
u might have to wait untill 18, im not sure about the rules for this. If u have to wait untill 18, get something cheap temporary if they offer it, then get the dental implant at 18
Bro insurance better cover this.
I’m in the us ffs

• +1
Bro insurance better cover this.
I’m in the us ffs
i hope so, otherwise i would've travelled to mexico if i was you, it is common for U.S people to travel to mexico for dental treatment

• +1
I had multiple teeth bottom right removed over a decade ago. Haven't chewed on that side since. I've noticed some very surprising things but I'll maybe try and see if i can accurately note the visual and not so visual differences.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: andy9432 and DoII
I had multiple teeth bottom right removed over a decade ago. Haven't chewed on that side since. I've noticed some very surprising things but I'll maybe try and see if i can accurately note the visual and not so visual differences.
Did you get asymmetry? :/
And teeth crowding or nah

Aysymmetry yes, teeth crowding? Dunnowhat that is
Was this severe bro?
I had two bottom molars removed
But planning on getting it filled soon

yeah chewing, but u need the molars! because they sit DIRECTLY over the masseter! u can chew all u want, but if ur missing the molars, its in vain, as the masseter will not be stimulated at all!
in my case, im getting tooth 30 removed, i am 15 so i cant get implants. my masseters are completely built and have been for years because of bruxism, my liwer jaw is perfect. how badly will an extravtion mess me up

in my case, im getting tooth 30 removed, i am 15 so i cant get implants. my masseters are completely built and have been for years because of bruxism, my liwer jaw is perfect. how badly will an extravtion mess me up
It will fuck u up. There is no way around it. Get a bone graft and a temporary bridge then hope that the bone is strong enough when the time is right for an implant

It will fuck u up. There is no way around it. Get a bone graft and a temporary bridge then hope that the bone is strong enough when the time is right for an implant
i got it extracted, no bonegraft but i will get a birdge soon and then an implant when im old enough. also what ur saying is wrong because they can always add bone to make it strong enough for implants, its just maintaining the space is hard but if u got enough money (bridge) then itll be fine

i got it extracted, no bonegraft but i will get a birdge soon and then an implant when im old enough. also what ur saying is wrong because they can always add bone to make it strong enough for implants, its just maintaining the space is hard but if u got enough money (bridge) then itll be fine
its not just about bone, the masseter will atrophy as that muscle lies directly underneath those molars. @MakinItHappen can attest to that aswell. The second and first molars are critical for development

GET IT MOTHER FUCKING REPLACED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!