Will taking protein powder help me maintain my gains while on a caloric deficit

6ixhomixid

6ixhomixid

Iron
Finally got hollow cheeks thanks to my model inspired diet and cardio exercises 🤓 But I lost muscle mass. Can I maintain mass by only taking protein supplements (+ doing my usual exercises but not bulking up) while on a caloric deficit diet ?
Thx

Yes, but don't rely on protein powder alone. Make sure to also eat chicken, cheese, nuts and other protein sources

It doesn’t matter if you take protein powder; it’s the same as eating meat or eggs.

Hit 1 gram per pound of body weight of protein (any source of protein).

• JFL
Reactions: Valeqs
Finally got hollow cheeks thanks to my model inspired diet and cardio exercises 🤓 But I lost muscle mass. Can I maintain mass by only taking protein supplements (+ doing my usual exercises but not bulking up) while on a caloric deficit diet ?
Thx
Do this thing. Intermittent fast. But fast from carbs/fat. Not protein.

It doesn’t matter if you take protein powder; it’s the same as eating meat or eggs.

Hit 1 gram per pound of body weight of protein (any source of protein).
Are you American?

• JFL
Reactions: .*my*.
Thx
what diet/cardio routine and what’s your height??

also if you ONLY take protein powder like no other food you’ll very quickly develop a nutrient deficiency

what diet/cardio routine and what’s your height??

also if you ONLY take protein powder like no other food you’ll very quickly develop a nutrient deficiency
my diet mainly consists of vegetables (carrots, spinach, lettuce, avocado, etc.), turkey and chicken, fruits like bananas and oranges for natural sugar, nuts and almonds, 0% fat cream cheese and I barely eat bread.
I do cardio every two days, I jumprope for 5 minutes and then go for a 15-20min run at a normal to fast pace. When I don’t run, I do calisthenics and bodyweight exercises.
I’m 6ft1 (185cm) and weight 160lbs (73kg)

Yeah I don’t plan to do that, that would be dangerous

• +1
Reactions: awesomemc101