Will this gymcel method give muscle size?

looks>books

looks>books

Do not be as you are, but as you should be
The method is: go to failure, rest one minute, then go to failure again until you can’t do one

Before you jfl this I haven’t done this personally but some people Ik got a huge chests by doing this with push-ups.

Theoretically could it work? Haven’t tried it but with push-ups this would probably take hours, maybe add a backpack or something

• +1
Reactions: aber and nathan
looks>books

• Hmm...
Reactions: looks>books
Yeah it would probably work, something similar is myo-reps or rest pause sets which is basically you pick a number of reps and do sets to failure with 15-45 seconds rest in between until you get that amount of reps, Dante Trudel is a very famous coach who advocated for this in his programs.

• +1
Yeah it would probably work, something similar is myo-reps or rest pause sets which is basically you pick a number of reps and do sets to failure with 15-45 seconds rest in between until you get that amount of reps, Dante Trudel is a very famous coach who advocated for this in his programs.
no it wouldnt work

The method is: go to failure, rest one minute, then go to failure again until you can’t do one

Before you jfl this I haven’t done this personally but some people Ik got a huge chests by doing this with push-ups.

Theoretically could it work? Haven’t tried it but with push-ups this would probably take hours, maybe add a backpack or something
2 minutes would be more "optimal," but yes, going to failure will make you grow faster; it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, but with that being said, don't break your forum just to get an extra rep.

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and looks>books
Actually yeah probably not, I didn’t see he said to do it until you could no more, it would work if he just did 3 sets.
Why would three sets be better opposed to stoping until you cant do one?

Why would three sets be better opposed to stoping until you cant do one?
Because doing too many sets cause stoo much fatigue, and doing sets of 4 and lower don’t cause that much growth, so you would just be wasting energy once you got below 4.

• +1
Fine 3 minutes then. You think the method would work?
Is this not just normal then? Trying to find a new “best method” for building muscle is like trying to reinvent the wheel, just do things how everyrone else does

Yea but would most likely end up in over training:

Some heavy compound exercises do benefit from 3 min rest times tho, thats the max tho
Compounds are a fucking scam. If you only care about gains, machines are more efficient since I bet this nigga doesn't know how to train with proper form.

It would still build muscle, there is just way better and easier ways.
Is this not just normal then? Trying to find a new “best method” for building muscle is like trying to reinvent the wheel, just do things how everyrone else does
you should always go till failure, i usually do 8-10 reps and 2-4 sets
nigga people in the gym will beat you up if you are just sitting there for 3 minutes:lul:
How about this one, this is what I’m currently doing:

I do three sets 8-12 reps to failure, but at each set after I hit failure I would do double the reps, assisted concentric and slow eccentric. Like let’s say I failed at 9 I would then do 18 assisted concentric with slow eccentric. I have been doing it for a few weeks now and I’ve seen some progress. Three-four minute rest.

No such thing; most people train like pussies.
it would be much better to do a 1 set to failure like this: DB chest press - 6-10 reps failure range, then crank out mini partials. But I guess only way to see is to try it

How about this one, this is what I’m currently doing:

I do three sets 8-12 reps to failure, but at each set after I hit failure I would do double the reps, assisted concentric and slow eccentric. Like let’s say I failed at 9 I would then do 18 assisted concentric with slow eccentric. I have been doing it for a few weeks now and I’ve seen some progress. Three-four minute rest.
Why tho, you would get the same if not better results from just doing three sets to failure. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Why tho, you would get the same if not better results from just doing three sets to failure. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
literally 2-4 sets 6-12 reps until failure with proper form

• +1
Reactions: ey88
Just trying it out since everyone is putting a huge emphasis on slow eccentrics, I’ve seen the most gains I have yet.

When I used to do 3 sets to failure I didn’t feel I tore the muscle enough.

Just trying it out since everyone is putting a huge emphasis on slow eccentrics, I’ve seen the most gains I have yet.
yes, slow eccentrics, that's it nigga. Later down the road, when you struggle to gain that extra bit of muscle, you can do partials & cluster sets etc.

• +1

yeah it works