Will wearing braces ruin my face?

B

BadMalon

Iron
I have seen how many people say that braces are bad and ruin your face, do you know if this statement is real or just a lie?

It narrowed my palate. People think I have a slight foreign accent after my braces were removed because it's harder to pronounciate some sounds with a narrow palate.

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin and ChristianChad
Chad wears braces and is still Chad. Only elastic bands for >2 years and / or extraction will somewhat recess you more.

Forward grown is genetic mostly and hormonal.

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin, A23ghskung and agoostis
Estrechó mi paladar. La gente piensa que tengo un ligero acento extranjero después de que me quitaron los frenos porque es más difícil pronunciar algunos sonidos con un paladar estrecho.
¿Por estrecharte el paladar te cago en la cara?

Depends on how developed you are tbh. I got braces quite late at 15 and kept my forward growth

• +1
Reactions: meryou
Ruins your smile For a couple of years

• Hmm...
I have seen how many people say that braces are bad and ruin your face, do you know if this statement is real or just a lie?
Send a picture of your teeth

It has helped my face alot, I had an underbite and it is fixing that. Straight teeth are also a plus, the only downside I have seen from braces is a smaller narrower palate giving you issues. If you have braces at a young age you should be okay

• Woah
D30984EA A581 4069 9DDF 339CD4C2E921

Chad wears braces and is still Chad. Only elastic bands for >2 y ears and / or extraction will somewhat recess you more.

he is chad bc he is so better -0.5cm of forward growth wont affect him, and if he is by age of 20 his bone kindoff hard to change ,but still changeable you can see Jordan carrot barrett* hes face become longer bc of his chewing master in the end muscle >>lead >>bones justll bc teeth so playfull than bone if u have more place...:y'all:

It narrowed my palate. People think I have a slight foreign accent after my braces were removed because it's harder to pronounciate some sounds with a narrow palate.
whats ur case??try to get wide palate first by appliance or mewing naturally(y)

It has helped my face alot, I had an underbite and it is fixing that. Straight teeth are also a plus, the only downside I have seen from braces is a smaller narrower palate giving you issues. If you have braces at a young age you should be okay
witch teeth u did it for? i have slit prominent lower incisor and im planing to until i get 19 it will affect forward growth??:unsure:

ur roots?
you listen reggeton??
Estoy un Americano, aprendiendo Espanol en Duolingo y puedo hablar suficiente espanol para tener conversaciones basicas.Y con reggaeton, no en mucho tiempo, la ultima vez fue cuando salio la cancion MIA.

• +1
Chad wears braces and is still Chad. Only elastic bands for >2 years and / or extraction will somewhat recess you more.

i had elastics for 3 months and i feel more forward grown in terms of maxilla.

• +1
Do you have any plans to expand your palate or something along those lines?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
  • Woah
17, will purchase an orthodontic palate expander.
I am 17 too bro.
Will you advise with an orthodontist? Go to a private clinic? I'm very unfamiliar with this stuff.

I am 17 too bro.
Will you advise with an orthodontist? Go to a private clinic? I'm very unfamiliar with this stuff.
Just talk to your orthodontist.

• +1