Wisdom teeth removal simultaneously with bimax. Bad idea?

D

Deleted member 7725

Kraken
I went to a few consults for bimax and they all require wisdom teeth removal for the BSSO cut. Option is to get wisdom teeth removed intraoperatively or 6 months prior. Currently I went with simultaneous jaw surgery + wisdom teeth removal since I might as well be swollen and in pain once instead of twice, but are there any additional downsides to doing this (complications, higher risk of relapse, etc?

What have you guys heard during consults (if anyone is actually recessed here and not just mentalcel normie+)?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
Getting wisdom teeth removed in general is a bad idea. Don't let your jew dentist trick you its a sign if your jaw being deformed. People 200 years never got wisdom teeth removed because they had a healthy jaw. You need to get MSE or something.
You realize getting wisdom teeth removed is required for lower jaw surgery, right?

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: shave, mulattomaxxer, mewcoper and 2 others
bro you lied to me what 6 cm on hairline lowering surgery all results look 1-2cm...:feelswah:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and DivineBeing
if you are gonma get fucked then get fucked once. would do both together cuz when they pull my wisdom teeth u couldn't eat for a week. no sense to do it twice

if you are gonma get fucked then get fucked once. would do both together cuz when they pull my wisdom teeth u couldn't eat for a week. no sense to do it twice
What if the long term results are better if you do them separately?

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
I had wisdom teeth removal with genio and it was nothing. if they told me they left them in, I wouldn't have been able to tell if it weren't for the sutures. no pain, nothing. like it didn't happen basically.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5180, mewcoper, Deleted member 7725 and 1 other person
Honestly I feel for you OP, this is one of the topics that very few people are gonna know about, and that dentists/surgeons aren't gonna tell you the truth if it makes them less money than a "safe" lie. I already keep reading perma conflicting stuff about wisdom teeth removal (some argue that it can even help bring out hollow cheeks as the cheek has more space to go inside, it's also known that Hollywood actors have done that), let alone combining it with bimax. Probably takes the variables to another level.

Having to remove wisdom teeth = subhuman jaw

No, it's ok. Just remove them

I went to a few consults for bimax and they all require wisdom teeth removal for the BSSO cut. Option is to get wisdom teeth removed intraoperatively or 6 months prior. Currently I went with simultaneous jaw surgery + wisdom teeth removal since I might as well be swollen and in pain once instead of twice, but are there any additional downsides to doing this (complications, higher risk of relapse, etc?

What have you guys heard during consults (if anyone is actually recessed here and not just mentalcel normie+)?

Yes its required for the bsso cut.

I would just remove them months prior to the surgery, i feel it disrupts the nerve on removal and last thing you want is the compound the nerve damage/stretching you will be getting from the bsso on top.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Deleted member 7725 and NarrowJaw
If you need to get your wisdom teeth removed you have to get them removed. Trust the reccomendations of multiple maxfac surgeons over PSL autists. These surgeons have been in education for over a decade. They knowledge mog 99.9% of the forum. Some shithead greycel doesn't know what you need.

I have asked alot of dentists about this and they have all said the same thing. Removing teeth will not cause your jaw to reccess in length. You will experince minor bone loss but it won't affect your face. Noticable bone loss will be caused when you lose alot of teeth, because chewing causes your teeth to create pressure on your bones, which strengthens the mandible. I have seem people with a few missing teeth and there jaws haven't fallen apart.

Below is how your jaw will recess. The actual lenght of the mandible remains constant. It just loses mass.

The main issue with extracting teeth is that they are doing this instead of expanding the palate to make room. Hence "camoflauge orthodontics". Lets say you have a narrow jaw and your ortho just removes your teeth. He does this so he doesn't have to change to shape of your jaw. You will only experience major bone loss if all your teeth fall out.

Your not getting a BSSO with impacted wisdom teeth.
This is just the reality of the situation.

I

• +1
Reactions: The Bleach Pill
If you need to get your wisdom teeth removed you have to get them removed. Trust the reccomendations of multiple maxfac surgeons over PSL autists. These surgeons have been in education for over a decade. They knowledge mog 99.9% of the forum. Some shithead greycel doesn't know what you need.

I have asked alot of dentists about this and they have all said the same thing. Removing teeth will not cause your jaw to reccess in length. You will experince minor bone loss but it won't affect your face. Noticable bone loss will be caused when you lose alot of teeth, because chewing causes your teeth to create pressure on your bones, which strengthens the mandible. I have seem people with a few missing teeth and there jaws haven't fallen apart.

Below is how your jaw will recess. The actual lenght of the mandible remains constant. It just loses mass.

View attachment 1487785

The main issue with extracting teeth is that they are doing this instead of expanding the palate to make room. Hence "camoflauge orthodontics". Lets say you have a narrow jaw and your ortho just removes your teeth. He does this so he doesn't have to change to shape of your jaw. You will only experience major bone loss if all your teeth fall out.
View attachment 1487795
Your not getting a BSSO with impacted wisdom teeth.
This is just the reality of the situation.

I
I know I need to get them removed. I'm asking whether I should get it done before or at the same time as BSSO.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
@RealSurgerymax what are your thoughts on this? Would getting wisdom teeth removal at the same time as bimax make the recovery significantly worse or have higher risk of complications?

@RealSurgerymax what are your thoughts on this? Would getting wisdom teeth removal at the same time as bimax make the recovery significantly worse or have higher risk of complications?
Lowers yes
Uppers no

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer and Deleted member 7098
If you had room for your bottom wisdom teeth then you may not have needed BSSO in the first place.

I'm on the same situation as yours right now. I will extract mine prior to surgery because if the extraction make my jaws recessed for any reason then the bimax will be able to fix it up, thus there's less chance of relapse.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Yes its required for the bsso cut.

I would just remove them months prior to the surgery, i feel it disrupts the nerve on removal and last thing you want is the compound the nerve damage/stretching you will be getting from the bsso on top.
Have you had all your four wisdom teeth removed or only the bottom ones?

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
If you had room for your bottom wisdom teeth then you may not have needed BSSO in the first place.
I don't need BSSO for advancement. My mandible grew crooked to the left so need to straighten it out.

Lowers yes
Uppers no
What would the downsides be of getting bsso + lower wisdom teeth removal simultaneously? The surgeon recommended that for me.

My friend got all of them removed during his or just the bottom (I can’t recall correctly) - It’s just to make room for the BSSO cut which I assume you obviously know.

This is a question I’d recommend you ask your surgeon though instead of .org or get a different opinion from another surgeon

It’ll make recovery a bit more difficult because you can’t use straws after third molar removal
Did he have more pain or any complications? Surgeons never went through the recovery so they will say random shit just to make the surgery sound easier.

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
I’d just ask the surgeon to quote the literature if he could. Multiple opinions as well of course.

I’ve heard some remarks about general anesthesia. If you are afraid of that and let’s say the long term side effects. You’d want to opt for the one and done.

Not that I know of - I mean if your Surgeon is known for being a salesman (Pags) then yeah I guess they may undermine the potential risks. However, most should be somewhat truthful?

Bimax recovery ain’t tough though - being on a liquid diet is the ehh part
What are the long term side effects of general anesthesia?

I thought bimax was extremely difficult recovery? I felt like shit for weeks after rhinoplasty so I can't imagine how I'll feel after bimax.

Get IMDO instead of BSSO with IMDO u will keep ur wisdom teeth

dont get them removed unless they are a serious issue or if they are giving you extreme pain.

Get IMDO instead of BSSO with IMDO u will keep ur wisdom teeth
I have asymmetry so need to straighten my mandible out.
dont get them removed unless they are a serious issue or if they are giving you extreme pain.
Did you read the post? I have to get them taken out for bimax.

• +1
Reactions: IhateDentists and MulattoTrenMaxxer
It’s extremely common to get teeth extracted; sometimes it’s necessary, other times it’s to allow for more advancement. All the top names do this.

People in here are way behind the science and frankly too young to understand it a lot of the time. There are multiple studies that show extractions do change the face in a statistically significant way, but it is clinically insignificant. In other words, the change is so small that you nor anyone else could tell the difference. The reason extractions are demonised is because people with shitty small jaws need them, so they think the ortho fucked them over. No, they just always had a tiny jaw. If you had a normal jaw you would never visit an orthodontist in your life.

Even if it were bad to remove wisdom teeth aesthetically (beyond the tooth itself) you’d be an idiot to think they’re worth saving over getting a proper jaw.

• +1
Reactions: IhateDentists
It’s extremely common to get teeth extracted; sometimes it’s necessary, other times it’s to allow for more advancement. All the top names do this.

People in here are way behind the science and frankly too young to understand it a lot of the time. There are multiple studies that show extractions do change the face in a statistically significant way, but it is clinically insignificant. In other words, the change is so small that you nor anyone else could tell the difference. The reason extractions are demonised is because people with shitty small jaws need them, so they think the ortho fucked them over. No, they just always had a tiny jaw. If you had a normal jaw you would never visit an orthodontist in your life.

Even if it were bad to remove wisdom teeth aesthetically (beyond the tooth itself) you’d be an idiot to think they’re worth saving over getting a proper jaw.
Bro can anyone here read my fucking post? I've answered this like 10x already. I'm going to get them removed regardless. I'm asking whether I should get them removed during or before bimax. Waste your time writing that shit but you can't spend 1 min to read my post.

• JFL
Reactions: playboy619 and mulattomaxxer
Bro can anyone here read my fucking post? I've answered this like 10x already. I'm going to get them removed regardless. I'm asking whether I should get them removed during or before bimax. Waste your time writing that shit but you can't spend 1 min to read my post.
Jesus christ you have a short fuse. I wasn't even replying to you, just the nonsense ITT.

Just get them removed during bimax if you have a competent surgeon. Why are you coming to an incel forum for crucial medical advice lol? Go read a scientific journal dude or at least talk to your surgeon. And go with a big name or you'll regret it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
sounds retarded to me
Lol so you’re so fucking retarded that you don’t even know why they should be removed for bimax @LooksOverAll don’t mind this smooth brain

True I’m getting this shit removed fuck psl autists on this forum