Would braces be bad for me

grabab

grabab

Iron
I have a slight overbite and lower teeth crowding . I am looking to fix that but people here have mixed opinions on the topic . Would it recess my maxilla and make me look recessed af or will it align my lower jaw with it which would greatly better my side profile . Looking for people with similar experiences .

well, idk how big ur overbite is. but if u're gonna get jaw surgery to fix ur overbite, u're gonna get braces anyways. if u mind sending pictures

What kind of jaw surgery . 18 . Never told i needed one .
idk what u look like but if u have an overbite chances are big you are recessed. cuz you're 18 retainers/braces can only fix the position of your teeth, not your jaw anymore. you'll need surgery for that

• +1
Reactions: Ascеnd and grabab
idk what u look like but if u have an overbite chances are big you are recessed. cuz you're 18 retainers/braces can only fix the position of your teeth, not your jaw anymore. you'll need surgery for that
Alright got you . Still wont be getting surgery tho . I still look better than almost everyone i know but the crowding is something i am insecure about and just know its kinda noticeable while im talking .

Alright got you . Still wont be getting surgery tho . I still look better than almost everyone i know but the crowding is something i am insecure about and just know its kinda noticeable while im talking .
if it's bothering u then u can get braces. i wouldn't be too scared that ur maxilla will recess

Scared bcs if my maxilla gets recessed i might get a longer philtrum or am I tripping
had braces for 5 years and my maxilla is not recessed (upper maxilla is but the lower one definitely is not). the whole "braces cause maxilla to be recessed" dispute really is just a cope to keep walking around with poor teeth- and jaw allignment on the forum. ur philtrum can appear longer with a recessed maxilla, but i think poor teeth are more of a looksmin than long philtrum. long philtrum can be fixed/hidden in number of ways

• +1
Reactions: grabab
had braces for 5 years and my maxilla is not recessed (upper maxilla is but the lower one definitely is not). the whole "braces cause maxilla to be recessed" dispute really is just a cope to keep walking around with poor teeth- and jaw allignment on the forum. ur philtrum can appear longer with a recessed maxilla, but i think poor teeth are more of a looksmin than long philtrum. long philtrum can be fixed/hidden in number of ways
Thank you sir

• +1
Reactions: blacksheep