Would it be stupid to choose LSE over Camb? (High IQers only please)

CaptainCalicoe

CaptainCalicoe

Iron
Title basically, for economics
I've talked a lot to the alumni, and I just don't think I could cope, nor do I want to cope, with the workload at Cambridge. Like even the admissions process up until now has seriously put me off.
Also Id much rather live in London with all the oppurtunities and graduate schemes I could look for there.

If you think economics at LSE will be significantly easier than Cambridge then you’re seriously mistaken.

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman and Deleted member 6128
tagging uni expert @Collagen or rope

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
honestly harvard or kill yourself OP

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Toth's thot, DivineBeing and 1 other person
Title basically, for economics
I've talked a lot to the alumni, and I just don't think I could cope, nor do I want to cope, with the workload at Cambridge. Like even the admissions process up until now has seriously put me off.
Also Id much rather live in London with all the oppurtunities and graduate schemes I could look for there.
Ur gonna be poor lol London is unaffordable

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, WhiteGoodman and CaptainCalicoe
If you think economics at LSE will be significantly easier than Cambridge then you’re seriously mistaken.
Still, I can work, but I like just getting on with stuff, the supervision system seems like such a chore.

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman, DivineBeing and CaptainCalicoe
London is fucking expensive. Especially rent. Moved here and descended from povertycel to ultimate povertycel.
I know London, and Im telling you im not worried. Where did you move from?

Oh, but you should be worried. London is very expensive, you have no idea.
'LSE broadly estimates that students should allow £1,100-£1,300 per month for all living expenses, including accommodation, travel, food, laundry, study costs, and other personal expenses. This will vary depending on your lifestyle and requirements, so it's important you do your own research.'

'LSE broadly estimates that students should allow £1,100-£1,300 per month for all living expenses, including accommodation, travel, food, laundry, study costs, and other personal expenses. This will vary depending on your lifestyle and requirements, so it's important you do your own research.'
Nigga. 1,100 a month won't get you shit here. You will def be a povertycel in that amount. Anything less than 50k GBP a year is povertycel status in London imo. But if you are a trustfund richcel then go ahead. You are a lucky bastard.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and WhiteGoodman
I know London, and Im telling you im not worried. Where did you move from?
Curryland. Currently living in a tiny shithole with family. Had a spacious house back home and didn't have to worry too much about how much I had to spend every day. I could buy pretty much whatever I wanted. Over here I really have to budget and shit. But things should get better once I start workcelling.

Nigga. 1,100 a month won't get you shit here. You will def be a povertycel in that amount. Anything less than 50k GBP a year is povertycel status imo.
I see, regardless of what happens, I always have my parents to bail me out.

Curryland. Currently living in a tiny shithole with family. Had a spacious house back home and didn't have to worry too much about how much I had to spend every day. I could buy pretty much whatever I wanted. Over here I really have to budget and shit. But things should get better once I start workcelling.
What field are you going into?

I didn’t apply to LSE because I don’t want to be surrounded by Chinese international students who don’t speak English 24/7. Cambridge is probably high class western people though

I see, regardless of what happens, I always have my parents to bail me out.
Rich parents? I am sort of dependant on my parents for the time being but I want to be independent ASAP. Need to save up for surgeries.

Software engineering. Doing Masters from a top ten uni here. It's part-time and remote study though.
Interesting, do you think you 'missed out' at all on uni life due to coronavirus?

Interesting, do you think you 'missed out' at all on uni life due to coronavirus?
Didn't miss shit probably lol. What would I have done in uni? At best, I'd get a friends group of subhuman autistic ethnics. The cool interesting people would never accept me. And getting women? Forget about it. I get mogged to suicide by some of these white dudes. Fuck the delusional ethnics who downplayed the racepill. It's even worse than I thought. Pheno matters a lot more IRL that I had presumed. And screw some of the indians/pakis here who think they pass as white JFL. I look less ethnic than them but I still stick out like a sore thumb amongst a group of white people. Shit like this just misleads me.

Only positives I can think of here for me are that the country as a whole is well developed and salaries are much higher so I can moneymaxx easily.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Didn't miss shit probably lol. What would I have done in uni? At best, I'd get a friends group of subhuman autistic ethnics. The cool interesting people would never accept me. And getting women? Forget about it. I get mogged to suicide by some of these white dudes. Fuck the delusional ethnics who downplayed the racepill. It's even worse than I thought. Pheno matters a lot more IRL that I had presumed.
Im sorry to hear that, still its good to have friends, they dont have to be 'cool', just likeminded, do you think youd enjoy yourself conforming to the 'cool' group if you were never like them in the first place? You pick your friends based on who you like and who would push you to be better no? I find it very unlikely that the only people who would befriend you are autistics

Im sorry to hear that, still its good to have friends, they dont have to be 'cool', just likeminded, do you think youd enjoy yourself conforming to the 'cool' group if you were never like them in the first place? You pick your friends based on who you like and who would push you to be better no? I find it very unlikely that the only people who would befriend you are autistics
The only friends I had during my bachelors were autistic losers. I tried to get into the cooler groups but they didn't give af about me.

I look nerdy/autistic by face so I get boxed into a certain role because of that. I don't wear glasses. It's my weak lower third that makes me look like a cuck. Getting genio + rhino should make me look more masculine. Combine that with softmaxxing, I should have a good enough boost in looks to kickstart my social life. For the time being, only autists will befriend me.

I didn’t apply to LSE because I don’t want to be surrounded by Chinese international students who don’t speak English 24/7. Cambridge is probably high class western people though
No, Cambridge is the same.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and DivineBeing
No, Cambridge is the same.
what a sad choice it must be to choose between dogshit UK uni and dogshit UK uni

I'm glad us Ivy Alums had a great college experience that prepared us with the network and skills to launch a bright future.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and thecel
Stanford or death :feelswah:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and DivineBeing
I’d choose Cambridge over LSE but there isn’t that much in it; both prestigious courses. Obv apply to both.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Cambridge is the better move.

Workload will be intense, but terms are only eight weeks. Also, if you want to excel (and if you don't, why go to a top 5 uni?) you'll have to grind it out at LSE regardless.

You will not be exposed to more graduate schemes in London. Granted, it has more opportunities/events - but if you're not wealthy/very socially precocious, it'll be difficult to make the most of them during an undergraduate degree.

Source:
  • Starting a Cambridge Masters in October, currently working in finance
  • Flatmate is a 1st-Class LSE Economics graduate, also working in finance
  • Large proportion of my social circle consists of LSE grads. Our Oxbridge friends are more competitive in the job market (and therefore higher paid)
Trust me. If you want to optimise your future outcomes, go to Cambridge.

Feel free to PM if you have any further questions.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and CaptainCalicoe
I’d choose Cambridge over LSE but there isn’t that much in it; both prestigious courses. Obv apply to both.
Ive already applied and recieved offers from Camb, expecting one from LSE soon

Workload will be intense, but terms are only eight weeks. Also, if you want to excel (and if you don't, why go to a top 5 uni?) you'll have to grind it out at LSE regardless.

You will not be exposed to more graduate schemes in London. Granted, it has more opportunities/events - but if you're not wealthy/very socially precocious, it'll be difficult to make the most of them during an undergraduate degree.

Source:
  • Large proportion of my social circle consists of LSE grads. Our Oxbridge friends are more competitive in the job market (and therefore higher paid)

I see, ill take you up on that, thanks

Source:

I cant PM you

Source:

Man, I am too low IQ to get into any of those unis :feelswhy:

What is your IQ btw? 130ish?
I don't know, I never tested, but is IQ really indicative of academic performance?/university entrances? Like surely after a certain IQ its just down to the whether the person puts the work in. Whats your IQ

I don't know, I never tested, but is IQ really indicative of academic performance?/university entrances? Like surely after a certain IQ its just down to the whether the person puts the work in. Whats your IQ
Ngl, I doubt Iq has that big of an effect tbh. Most stuff in highschool is pretty simple. You just need good work ethic.

• +1
Reactions: CaptainCalicoe
Yes. IQ matters a fuck ton. There was a dude I knew who IQmogged me by 20 points. Could learn four times as fast as me. I actually don't know tbh. prolly above average but nothing special.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
really doesn't matter in terms of reputation

just choose based on location/nightlife and stuff like that