Would jaw surgery improve my face?

sksksksk78

sksksksk78

Iron
I’ve always had teeth problems growing up and in turn, my face is recessed and asymmentrical

Ortho and jaw surgeon (Dr.Bobek) say that my bite is fucked and it’s a rare case. Got diagnosed with a cross bite, overbite, deep bite, and Open bite (4 bite problems is fucking insane)

Insurance already approved the surgery so I don’t have to pay for it

Here is what procedures my jaw surgeon is going to do and my bite:

Attachments

• IMG_5930.jpeg
    IMG_5930.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5929.jpeg
    IMG_5929.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: normie_joe and <6PSLcel
ofc it would improve ur face. if ur orthodontic problems are so severe, it will greatly improve u

• +1
Reactions: aids, SubhumanForever and <6PSLcel
Might have to. Still need an apptmnt with my ortho

• +1
Reactions: blacksheep and <6PSLcel
i do recommend getting the combination of braces and surgery for best results
What abt wisdom teeth removal? I’ve seen horror stories (like this one on Reddit)

Attachments

• IMG_5931.jpeg
    IMG_5931.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 0
I’ve always had teeth problems growing up and in turn, my face is recessed and asymmentrical

Ortho and jaw surgeon (Dr.Bobek) say that my bite is fucked and it’s a rare case. Got diagnosed with a cross bite, overbite, deep bite, and Open bite (4 bite problems is fucking insane)

Insurance already approved the surgery so I don’t have to pay for it

Here is what procedures my jaw surgeon is going to do and my bite:

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes.

• JFL
Reactions: aids
What abt wisdom teeth removal? I’ve seen horror stories (like this one on Reddit)
idk, didn't know it could be that bad. my surgeon told me removal of wisdom teeth is standard procedure during jaw surgery. i was recommended to get my two upper wisdom teeth (only ones i have) removed. they're not yet visible besides x-ray. didn't know it could be bad

Would eating improve your hunger?

I don't know what the situation of that image was, but I had all 4 removed.

Zero change.

• +1
Reactions: blacksheep
idk, didn't know it could be that bad. my surgeon told me removal of wisdom teeth is standard procedure during jaw surgery. i was recommended to get my two upper wisdom teeth (only ones i have) removed. they're not yet visible besides x-ray. didn't know it could be bad
Ok I was thinking it wouldn’t be a problem but I stumbled across that Reddit post and his jaw literally went from htn to ltn after the surgery

• +1
Reactions: blacksheep
Ok I was thinking it wouldn’t be a problem but I stumbled across that Reddit post and his jaw literally went from htn to ltn after the surgery
I can barely believe it's only due to the widsom teeth though. Unless he had cherry-sized teeth sitting up in there. bro looks like he went to auschwitz

there are people on this forum who would do horrendous things to get surgery for free and you have it in front of your face