Would MSE solve a mandible/upper jaw imbalance?

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
So according to my ortho my mandible is too large for my upper jaw and he recommended surgery to repair it. He rec'd jaw reduction but instead I'm going to take the chance to get the best cosmetic surgery possible as well.
Basic info is this: its causing my jaws to be misaligned, I have a slight underbite, and my nose slopes down slightly. Pretty sure my maxilla probably slopes down also although not 100% sure.
I'm wondering would MSE be a potential fix for this rather than surgery? Wondering if it could potentially expand the upper jaw to meet my lower jaw. Would be willing to shoot a side profile and front shot to someone who knew what they were talking about and wanted to offer advice.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621
@CopeAndRope said you can do either if you have a transverse over or underbite for each respective thing needed

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
@CopeAndRope said you can do either if you have a transverse over or underbite for each respective thing needed
By that he means either surgery or MSE? If so, is one preferable to the other? I'd like to not get surgery if I don't have to tbqh

So according to my ortho my mandible is too large for my upper jaw and he recommended surgery to repair it. He rec'd jaw reduction but instead I'm going to take the chance to get the best cosmetic surgery possible as well.
Basic info is this: its causing my jaws to be misaligned, I have a slight underbite, and my nose slopes down slightly. Pretty sure my maxilla probably slopes down also although not 100% sure.
I'm wondering would MSE be a potential fix for this rather than surgery? Wondering if it could potentially expand the upper jaw to meet my lower jaw. Would be willing to shoot a side profile and front shot to someone who knew what they were talking about and wanted to offer advice.

Yes absolutely. You’re even a bit more fortunate then because you can almost definitely get the biggest MSE expander (12 mm) and go all the way.

• +1
Yes absolutely. You’re even a bit more fortunate then because you can almost definitely get the biggest MSE expander (12 mm) and go all the way.
Sweet. I'm going to look more into this during this year then, because I'll finally start an adult job and I'll probably have the money to actually finance it.
My goal for 2020 is to have at least a plan in place and ready to go to solve this issue by the end of the year.

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
By that he means either surgery or MSE? If so, is one preferable to the other? I'd like to not get surgery if I don't have to tbqh

If you only have a slight underbite, then MAYBE facepulling anchored to the MSE can fix it. If not then get a Lefort I or II afterwards.

MSE can definitely fix you upper jaw being too narrow for your lower jaw, and will also expand the rest of the midface (something Surgery won’t do)

• +1
If you only have a slight underbite, then MAYBE facepulling anchored to the MSE can fix it. If not then get a Lefort I or II afterwards.

MSE can definitely fix you upper jaw being too narrow for your lower jaw, and will also expand the rest of the midface (something Surgery won’t do)
rate me psl leapdklv;'gm[

It might greatly improve my appearance then, my face appears too long currently.

It might greatly improve my appearance then, my face appears too long currently.

To longfacedcels, I’d recommend the following, in order:
•MSE
•Any sort of jaw surgery that would be needed to protract maxilla, mandible, or both.
•Maxillary Impaction alongside the above jawsurgeries, or on its own if jaw surgeries aren’t needed.
•Lip lift
•Rhino (If indicated)
•Custom implants and/or Fillers for Zygos (especially arch) if more cheekbone width is required.

• +1
Reactions: Ceamce, kota and LordNorwood
pallate expander bro

• +1
•MSE
•Any sort of jaw surgery that would be needed to protract maxilla, mandible, or both.
•Maxillary Impaction alongside the above jawsurgeries, or on its own if jaw surgeries aren’t needed.
•Lip lift
•Rhino (If indicated)
•Custom implants and/or Fillers for Zygos (especially arch) if more cheekbone width is required.
I'll check this out. Lip lift would probably help but I'm hesitant to do it because currently I can grow one hell of a mustache, like I mustachemogg almost everyone I've ever met. Hesitant to fuck with that.

I'll check this out. Lip lift would probably help but I'm hesitant to do it because currently I can grow one hell of a mustache, like I mustachemogg almost everyone I've ever met. Hesitant to fuck with that.

Well you would only do it AFTER: MSE, and Maxillary Impaction (alongside any jaw surgery you may need). you’ve got more than enough time to think about it lol

• +1
Well you would only do it AFTER: MSE, and Maxillary Impaction (alongside any jaw surgery you may need). you’ve got more than enough time to think about it lol
Good point. Thank you tons for the info man, I really appreciate it.

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
•MSE
•Lip lift
•Rhino (If indicated)
Omg can I pm you? It shows that you give legit info.

Omg can I pm you? It shows that you give legit info.
Yes but I’m very behind on PM advice and ratings so keep that in mind if you expect a quality reply right away.