yo why is it called deadlift

D

Deleted member 8699

Kraken
when ur alive while doint it?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7866
The ‘dead’ refers to the fact that the weight begins and ends at a dead stop. Most repetitions for weightlifting involve keeping muscles under tension. In a deadlift, each repetition ends with putting the weight back on the floor. By contrast, multiple bench presses or shoulder presses keep the muscles engaged (i.e. under tension) throughout the range of motion. The deadlift involves a complete relaxation of the muscles at the end of a repetition.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4332, Deleted member 5634, Deleted member 8699 and 2 others
The ‘dead’ refers to the fact that the weight begins and ends at a dead stop. Most repetitions for weightlifting involve keeping muscles under tension. In a deadlift, each repetition ends with putting the weight back on the floor. By contrast, multiple bench presses or shoulder presses keep the muscles engaged (i.e. under tension) throughout the range of motion. The deadlift involves a complete relaxation of the muscles at the end of a repetition.
Dnr lol :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:

helpful post

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincel
Hi

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincel