You have to be completely malnourished and full of estrogen to stop growing at 16 as a male

D

Deleted member 42956

Zephir
I can't believe people here say 16 is the average age to stop growing. I legit was an early bloomer who hit puberty at like 11 or even 10.5 and I'm still growing at 17 and I haven't even gone on aromasin yet or anything. There's legit no way the average age to stop growing is 16. Most people will not grow that much after 16 but if you COMPLETELY stop growing by then something went wrong

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: greywind, Latinolooksmaxxer, normie tiktoker and 5 others
I was around 5'7 at 16 and now I'm 5'11 at 20 and still growing. Ive grown about an inch a year since I was 13 years old, and I've grown half an inch in the last 6 months

• +1
Reactions: greywind, Aero, PsychoH and 4 others
I was around 5'7 at 16 and now I'm 5'11 at 20 and still growing. Ive grown about an inch a year since I was 13 years old, and I've grown half an inch in the last 6 months
I just turned 17 5’8 Barefoot my doctor said my growth is coming to an end but no X-rays of my plates and I hit my growth spurt at 15 you think I’m still going to grow a little ? My dad is 5’9 mom is 5’8

I just turned 17 5’8 Barefoot my doctor said my growth is coming to an end but no X-rays of my plates and I hit my growth spurt at 15 you think I’m still going to grow a little ? My dad is 5’9 mom is 5’8
Don't listen to doctors who say that. It's bs, especially since you could still grow in your spine, legs, etc. They usually just check like the hand or some shit, but not all growth plates are fused at the same time in different parts of the body.
In theory you should be taller than me since your mom is taller and your dad is nearly the same height as mine.
But it's impossible to tell. Genetics are weird af.
I think you'll be 5'10 at least though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 45760 and thereallegend
Don't listen to doctors who say that. It's bs, especially since you could still grow in your spine, legs, etc. They usually just check like the hand or some shit, but not all growth plates are fused at the same time in different parts of the body.
In theory you should be taller than me since your mom is taller and your dad is nearly the same height as mine.
I hope so man like I have developed pubic hair and shit but I still look young as shit compared to my friends and I I haven’t filled into my frame yet

Same, I was 5'6 at 16 and continued growing to 6'0 now at 19. Most of my growth was 18-19 when I moved out and was able to buy meat.

16 havent really grown in 2 years, complete opposite lmaooo fat and high t

My height dint increasedafter 15 but yea my beard grew and my face got wider

16 havent really grown in 2 years, complete opposite lmaooo fat and high t
yah being fat was your reason for short stature, all that testosterone was able to convert to estrogen with ur fat and it closed ur growth plates

It dosent matter. If your growth plates are open but your body has no real incentive to keep growing (example: low igf1) then it wont or at small linear growth

yah being fat was your reason for short stature, all that testosterone was able to convert to estrogen with ur fat and it closed ur growth plates
Cope obese people are taller on average

• +1
Reactions: LedgeMogger

• +1
Reactions: hattrick
There’s no way you’re not gonna grow taller than that when ur mom is ur height right?

they either stop growing early or have a big growth spurt and no grow after lol
Regardless they’re usually not manlets unless unlucky or turn obese later. Landwhales are usually bigger as a whole for a reason. Lizzo is 5’9/5’10

• +1
Reactions: LedgeMogger
yeah u right but they never have longevity JFL!

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
most of my growing probably stopped around 16 i cant remember tbh

How tall can I be I’m 5’10-5’11 just turned 16. Dad is 6’6 mom 5’3. I started to have dick hairs at 13

I stopped growing at 16

Stopped at 16, been on asin now. Seen maybe a bit more bone growth

estrogen is a growth hormone stimulant though

so its not always that having high estrogen leads to impaired growth - sometimes its the opposite

depends on other factors and predispositions

Last edited:
estrogen is a growth hormone stimulant though

so its not always that having high estrogen leads to impaired growth - sometimes its the opposite

depends on other factors and predispositions
Do you think that's one of the reasons why fat people end up growing taller? They're eating more food and spiking insulin causing increased IGF, along with the fat stores increasing estrogen also increasing IGF?

• +1
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer
Do you think that's one of the reasons why fat people end up growing taller? They're eating more food and spiking insulin causing increased IGF, along with the fat stores increasing estrogen also increasing IGF?
Yeah I had overweight kids and teens in mind, on average then end up taller than their skinnier peers