Your Genetics and Leanmaxxing (You're fighting a Losing Battle if You're Trying to Get Lean)

BLovee

BLovee

Destroy Lonely
When it comes to improving your looks and achieving a lean physique, it's important to be aware of how genetics can influence your body fat percentage and the risks associated with extremely low levels. Leanmaxxing is one of the best looksmaxxes which you can pursue, however it's also important to understand that even in leanmaxxing your genetics will play a significant role, it's not just about CICO (calories in, calories out)

A prime example of this can be seen in competitive sports and other fields which require people to maintain a low body fat percentage. Many bodybuilders strive for extremely low body fat levels to showcase their muscle definition on stage. However, it is important to note that achieving and sustaining such low body fat percentages, such as those often seen in competitive bodybuilding and modelling, is nearly impossible for most individuals without the use of exogenous hormones.

Several factors contribute to this disparity in body fat percentages. Genetics play a crucial role in determining an individual's metabolism, hormone levels, and fat distribution patterns. Some individuals naturally possess a faster metabolism and lower propensity to store excess body fat, providing them with an advantage in achieving and maintaining a lean physique. These genetic advantages are often seen in professional bodybuilders who exhibit exceptionally low body fat percentages during competitions.

However, it is vital to recognize that the extreme levels of muscularity and extremely low body fat seen in competitive bodybuilders and models are not sustainable for the average person. The use of anabolic steroids, which are performance-enhancing substances, is prevalent among professional bodybuilders. Steroids can significantly impact hormone levels and metabolism, allowing bodybuilders to achieve levels of muscularity and low body fat that would otherwise be unattainable naturally.

Going beyond one's genetic limitations and attempting to achieve such low body fat percentages without the use of steroids can have severe health risks. Prolonged and excessive dieting combined with intense exercise can lead to muscle loss, nutrient deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, weakened immune function, and increased risk of injuries. These risks are further amplified when individuals attempt to push their bodies beyond their genetic potential.

It is crucial to understand that the extreme physiques displayed by professional bodybuilders and models are not a realistic or sustainable goal for the general population. Chances are, if you're reading this you won't have the genetic make up required to cut down to a low enough body fat percentage to have chiselled hollow cheeks and features and be able to maintain that year-round. Each individual has a unique genetic makeup, and the focus should be on optimizing one's own physique within their genetic limitations, rather than trying to replicate the body fat percentages seen in professionals. It's not just as simple as being in a caloric deficit or eating at maintenance, your genetics determine every aspect of your life, even in losing weight.

Now you must be wondering, "Okay, Blovee, so there's a set limit to how lean of a physique we can obtain and maintain, so what is the solution."
I hate identifying issues without also giving solutions, so that will be the topic of my next thread; how to circumvent these naturally imposed limits.
And just so I am clear, this is not all to say that you can't be lean and it is not to say that if you are fat it is because of your genetics. This post is simply to acknowledge the important of genetics in keeping the lean physique, because this is a reality which people on this forum generally do not understand.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 28691, EggKing and 1 other person
When it comes to improving your looks and achieving a lean physique, it's important to be aware of how genetics can influence your body fat percentage and the risks associated with extremely low levels. Leanmaxxing is one of the best looksmaxxes which you can pursue, however it's also important to understand that even in leanmaxxing your genetics will play a significant role, it's not just about CICO (calories in, calories out)

A prime example of this can be seen in competitive sports and other fields which require people to maintain a low body fat percentage. Many bodybuilders strive for extremely low body fat levels to showcase their muscle definition on stage. However, it is important to note that achieving and sustaining such low body fat percentages, such as those often seen in competitive bodybuilding and modelling, is nearly impossible for most individuals without the use of exogenous hormones.

Several factors contribute to this disparity in body fat percentages. Genetics play a crucial role in determining an individual's metabolism, hormone levels, and fat distribution patterns. Some individuals naturally possess a faster metabolism and lower propensity to store excess body fat, providing them with an advantage in achieving and maintaining a lean physique. These genetic advantages are often seen in professional bodybuilders who exhibit exceptionally low body fat percentages during competitions.

However, it is vital to recognize that the extreme levels of muscularity and extremely low body fat seen in competitive bodybuilders and models are not sustainable for the average person. The use of anabolic steroids, which are performance-enhancing substances, is prevalent among professional bodybuilders. Steroids can significantly impact hormone levels and metabolism, allowing bodybuilders to achieve levels of muscularity and low body fat that would otherwise be unattainable naturally.

Going beyond one's genetic limitations and attempting to achieve such low body fat percentages without the use of steroids can have severe health risks. Prolonged and excessive dieting combined with intense exercise can lead to muscle loss, nutrient deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, weakened immune function, and increased risk of injuries. These risks are further amplified when individuals attempt to push their bodies beyond their genetic potential.

It is crucial to understand that the extreme physiques displayed by professional bodybuilders and models are not a realistic or sustainable goal for the general population. Each individual has a unique genetic makeup, and the focus should be on optimizing one's own physique within their genetic limitations, rather than trying to replicate the body fat percentages seen in professionals. It's not just as simple as being in a caloric deficit or eating at maintenance, your genetics determine every aspect of your life, even in losing weight.

Now you must be wondering, "Okay, Blovee, so there's a set limit to how lean of a physique we can obtain and maintain, so what is the solution."
I hate identifying issues without also giving solutions, so that will be the topic of my next thread; how to circumvent these naturally imposed limits.
And just so I am clear, this is not all to say that you can't be lean and it is not to say that if you are fat it is because of your genetics. This post is simply to acknowledge the important of genetics in keeping the lean physique.
leanmaxxing is pure cope i thought people realised this. anyone who goes outside can clearly see the guys who get girls arent lean at all while i rot alone with my very lean body

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
leanmaxxing is pure cope i thought people realised this. anyone who goes outside can clearly see the guys who get girls arent lean at all while i rot alone with my very lean body
is not cope for overweight (fat) people

• +1
Reactions: Lautrec and subhuman incel
And just so I am clear, this is not all to say that you can't be lean and it is not to say that if you are fat it is because of your genetics. This post is simply to acknowledge the important of genetics in keeping the lean physique, because this is a reality which people on this forum generally do not understand.
good thread. what do you know rn that could allow people to go to lower bf% than their genetics would normally allow? i imagine it would be by boosting metabolism and certain hormone levels but not sure

• +1
My genetics want me to stay fat so bad

I have to legit starve myself and do cardio on an empty stomach daily to teach this piece of shit physique a lesson

• +1
Reactions: Orvka381, EggKing, Allornothing and 3 others

I have to legit starve myself and do cardio on an empty stomach daily to teach this piece of shit physique a lesson
do you eat pufa at all

• +1
You're right OP but getting and staying below 20-25% is doable for all, people walking around at 35% like most Americans do, really have no excuse

• +1
Reactions: Orvka381, Mr.Proper and subhuman incel
Not a word OP

• +1
Reactions: redmaxx

1hr fasted cardio every morning crew checking in.

Srs though my weightloss has plateaud at 85kg for 7 weeks now, time to switch to OMAD...

• +1
Reactions: Orvka381 and forevergymcelling
stop then retard
is it really that bad? i see you talking about it all the time but there’s no way cutting pufas can do as much as you say it does

1hr fasted cardio every morning crew checking in.

Srs though my weightloss has plateaud at 85kg for 7 weeks now, time to switch to OMAD...
how the fuck are u doing that shit nigga and not losing weight

is it really that bad? i see you talking about it all the time but there’s no way cutting pufas can do as much as you say it does
it does far more than what i say it does theres sn entire forum about it retard

This nigga lives in uk iirc, it's hard to avoid pufa there cos cost of living is so high
i live in uk i just cheese, eggs, and vegetables

stop then retard
Food is my only good cope

If I have takeout then I make sure I still stay below my calorie limit

My gf on the other hand has elite genetics. She can eat whatever she wants and still stay lean; any weight she does put on goes to her ass and nowhere else. There are weeks we literally eat the same thing and I will gain weight despite being 7 inches taller and like 30kg heavier while gymcelling 4 days a week, boxing twice a week. Meanwhile she could do 0 exercise in the same time frame

You couldn't make this up. My genetics are dogshit

Every person in my family is fat. Both sides. It never began

Only good thing is that I put on muscle relatively easy

I had to walk through hell and back to get this lean. It was so fucking brutal. There were days I was waking up at 4am feeling like I was gonna throw up cause I was so hungry

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: N1666, Deleted member 22962, Orvka381 and 4 others

My gf on the other hand has elite genetics. She can eat whatever she wants and still stay lean; any weight she does put on goes to her ass and nowhere else. There are weeks we literally eat the same thing and I will gain weight despite being 7 inches taller and like 30kg heavier while gymcelling 4 days a week, boxing twice a week. Meanwhile she could do 0 exercise in the same time frame

I had to walk through hell and back to get this lean. It was so fucking brutal. There were days I was waking up at 4am feeling like I was gonna throw up cause I was so hungry

View attachment 2215545
But you are looking great. I think it worth it for you

how the fuck are u doing that shit nigga and not losing weight
I lost 12kg then plateaus, but partly I lost my discipline, was going through extreme stress and depression, JUST now coming out of it.

Worried though cos in next 4 weeks I have trips to curryland, Malaysia, and Singapore coming up, hard to eat clean there...

• +1
Reactions: Orvka381, forevergymcelling and gribsufer1
When I did this though I had the whole summer free

Having a strict regimen like I did is literally impossible when you're working 40+ hours a week. Meal prepping is harder. Finding time for cardio is harder. Gym time is limited. Work stress / relationship stress can make you relapse on your diet so easily ect ect

When gymcelling is your life (like it was for me back then) it isn't too bad

Or if you have good genetics with more room for failure

• +1
Reactions: Orvka381, SubhumanCurrycel and Roamer

View attachment 2215545
just eat tasty food without pufa, i lost 8kg in 3 months eating whatever i wanted as long as it has no pufa , but recently now im restricting my carbs and calories too

what do you know rn that could allow people to go to lower bf% than their genetics would normally allow? i imagine it would be by boosting metabolism and certain hormone levels but not sure
Here's some things of the top of my head which you can try to do:
  1. Decrease Leptin:
    • Avoid overeating and maintain a balanced diet.
    • Include foods high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats
    • Get regular exercise to support healthy metabolism.
    • Get enough sleep, as lack of sleep can affect leptin levels.
  2. Reduce Ghrelin:
    • Eat regular meals and avoid skipping meals, which can increase ghrelin levels (several small meals a day, I'd recommend 6)
    • Include protein-rich foods in your diet as they can help suppress ghrelin.
    • Incorporate foods high in fiber, as they can also help reduce ghrelin secretion.
    • Manage stress levels, as stress can lead to increased ghrelin production.
  3. Increase Insulin Response:
    • Cut carbs
    • Focus on whole, unprocessed foods to minimize refined sugars and unhealthy fats.
    • Engage in regular physical activity, including both cardiovascular exercise and strength training.
    • Maintain a healthy body weight to optimize insulin sensitivity.
  4. Increase Thyroid Activation:
    • Ensure adequate intake of iodine, selenium, and zinc, which are essential for thyroid function.
    • Include foods rich in these nutrients such as seafood, nuts, seeds, and dairy products.
    • Manage stress, as chronic stress can negatively affect thyroid function.
    • Consult a healthcare professional for proper evaluation and treatment if you suspect thyroid issues.
  5. Increase Testosterone (using exogenous compounds)
  6. Strength Training (more muscle increases basal metabolic rate)
  7. increasing NEAT: Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT)
I'll make a proper thread on all this later, with some other methods don't worry

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali and redmaxx

View attachment 2215545
Pic at ur fattest to compare?

It is crucial to understand that the extreme physiques displayed by professional bodybuilders and models are not a realistic or sustainable goal for the general population. Chances are, if you're reading this you won't have the genetic make up required to cut down to a low enough body fat percentage to have chiselled hollow cheeks and features and be able to maintain that year-round. Each individual has a unique genetic makeup, and the focus should be on optimizing one's own physique within their genetic limitations, rather than trying to replicate the body fat percentages seen in professionals. It's not just as simple as being in a caloric deficit or eating at maintenance, your genetics determine every aspect of your life, even in losing weight.

Good post. Disregarded every word + continuing to cope

Pic at ur fattest to compare?
They were all on my old phone but it's fucked now so don't actually have any

My fattest was at 16. 5'7, 83kg

• +1
Reactions: Chinacurry
Lean oR bloatmaxx. There is no middle for me.

DNR OP ,but what you must understand is NEVER use roids and stay natty, if you dont have the genetics

When I did this though I had the whole summer free

Having a strict regimen like I did is literally impossible when you're working 40+ hours a week. Meal prepping is harder. Finding time for cardio is harder. Gym time is limited. Work stress / relationship stress can make you relapse on your diet so easily ect ect

When gymcelling is your life (like it was for me back then) it isn't too bad

Or if you have good genetics with more room for failure
The wagie life literally kills you physically in the ability to do anything else its a fucking curse

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Skywalker, Orvka381 and forevergymcelling
For me it's either I can stay lean for a short time then I'll just put the weight on within a month it takes alot of work to stay lean

• +1
Reactions: BLovee
i agree......for the lurkers or new-cels here NEVER try to get lean.....it will ruin your life

u type like an ai

every time i get lean the hunger makes me recondsider if id rather be good looking or have a full stomach. And the second one always wins

• +1
Reactions: BLovee
every time i get lean the hunger makes me recondsider if id rather be good looking or have a full stomach. And the second one always wins
You might just not want it enough
There's two things you can do:
1. accept that you do not want to be lean and give up on pursuing it
2. find the motivation to become lean

Inherently people do not have the motivation to become super lean; when you think about it, it goes against our biological programming. You have to find a strong enough reason to motivate you to stay lean if you want to keep the weight off.
For me, it was the pain of knowing that I can not be loved as an ugly person, and disgust with myself.
Find something like that for yourself and it will become much easier. If you can't, unironically just give up on it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22962